[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/, what's the best book about the culture and history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: ancient-king-persia-11141136.jpg (49 KB, 400x287) Image search: [Google]
ancient-king-persia-11141136.jpg
49 KB, 400x287
/his/, what's the best book about the culture and history of ancient Persia?
>>
>>377100
bookzz.org

books listed in this article:
http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780195393361/obo-9780195393361-0194.xml?rskey=85u7gC&result=5&q=persia#firstMatch

or pic related
>>
Pierre Briant
>>
>>377100
Which Persia? Sassanid? Cyrus the Greats Persia?

>actual answer Persian Fire
>>
File: Tell_Barri - Syria.jpg (220 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
Tell_Barri - Syria.jpg
220 KB, 1280x853
Are tells actually all due to the gradual buildup of ruined brick structures or were they all simply built on hills?
>>
>>377120
Seems to be a lot of focus on their relations with the greeks
>>
>>377191
Any persia
>>
>>377291
>>377291
well it is from a bibliography on ancient greece, but pierre bryant and the cambridge book focus on persia it looks like. In the link i posted I also spotted three general works on ancient persia.

heres a link to the full article if you couldn't see it all before, but it does focus on the jewish relationship with persia
http://pastebin.com/0sxYbySC
>>
>>377120
Where do these pictures come from? I've seen a few of them and they all appear to be formatted the same. Sorry this is a noob-ass question.
>>
>>377100
We had already two threads asking for the same, why does people never check the archive?
>>
File: daryaee.jpg (28 KB, 333x499) Image search: [Google]
daryaee.jpg
28 KB, 333x499
>>377100
The Cambridge History of Iran Volume 2: The Median and Achaemenid Periods
and
The Cambridge History of Iran Volume 3: The Seleucid, Parthian and Sassanian Periods

You won't find a more complete book. Long and expensive as fuck, though.

If you're searching for a brief read on the Sassanians, I recommend Sasanian Persia: Rise and Fall of an Empire, by Touraj Daryaee. It's good, informative and very, very short. But seriously, get your hands on the Cambridge history if you're actually interested on the country, it's orgasmic.
>>
>>377201
why are you posting this again?
obviously no one cares
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.