[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm writing an oral presentation in psychology class about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Milgram_experiment_v2.svg.png (148 KB, 1280x1626) Image search: [Google]
Milgram_experiment_v2.svg.png
148 KB, 1280x1626
I'm writing an oral presentation in psychology class about social experiments, like the milgram experiment.
What should I talk about, something interesting please.
>>
do your own fucking homework
>>
>>375230
Never asked for someone to do it for me, just wanted some tips of what I should talk about
>>
>Milgram : "ITS JUST A PRANK BRO"
>>
>>375301
social experiments
psychology
if something interesting doesn't immediately come to mind then just change classes you uninspired troglodyte
>>
>>375397
Kek, that's not an option. I know a few that I might want, just wanted to know what /his/ thought about it first if there were some experiment I might have missed
>>
>>375230
I don't see how him asking people for insight isn't a part of doing his homework you fucking imbecile
>>
>>375096
Milgram is top tier
you could talk about Zimbardo (situation overcomes personality), Sheriff (perception and group rules) or Asch (group majority influence) experiments too

Harlow's are also nice but done with macacos and more related to evolutionary psychology
>>
>>375532
That's awesome, thank you
>>
>>375561
: )
>>
File: krang[1].jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
krang[1].jpg
34 KB, 640x480
>>375532
> Zimbardo
The Stanford prison experiment is probably among the most horrible findings in last century when it comes to social psychology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=760lwYmpXbc
>>
>>375694
That experiment is literally a fuck you to anyone who thinks being locked up in a cell for the rest of your life isn't as horrible as being executed.
>>
>>375096
>psychology
>>
>>375760
>/his/ - History & Humanties

Fuck off shitposting scum.
>>
>>375746
I'm not OP but I'm doing an introductory course in psychology, and according to my textbook later attempts at repeating the experiment has not yielded the same results at all.
>>
File: 1408616104864.png (216 KB, 393x391) Image search: [Google]
1408616104864.png
216 KB, 393x391
>>375771
>psychology
>>
>>375772
This is quite typical of psychological studies, unfortunately, but I think in this case it can be explained by the prominence of the first study.
>>
>>375772
>>375787
Yeah, because psychology is a fucking joke.
>>
>>375694
The Stanford prison experiment is one with the most methodological issues. It holds the least water today, though it has historical significance in the field. Be sure to mention the problems with it, if you choose to do a presentation on it.

>>375096
Seek experiments dealing with bystander effect. It's one of the social phenomena that is most reliably repeatable and there are a few different concurrent explanations for it, so it's got a lot of theory behind it too.
>>
>>376161
*bystander apathy effect
>>
>>375096
>>/sci/
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.