[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/LGBT/ History
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxNzgzMzkwNzMz.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxNzgzMzkwNzMz.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
ITT we post our favourite gay figures from History
>>
Alexander the Great
Hadrian
>>
>Shakespeare
>gay
>Knocked up a chick before they were married

Try to keep to real gays, like Leonardo.
>>
File: professionally memed.jpg (54 KB, 465x576) Image search: [Google]
professionally memed.jpg
54 KB, 465x576
abraham lincoln
>>
Charlemagne
Napoleon
Genghis Khan
Julius Caesar
>>
Alexander the Great
Julius Caesar
Napoleon Bonaparte
>>
>>/lgbt/
>>
>>
File: foucault.jpg (8 KB, 192x191) Image search: [Google]
foucault.jpg
8 KB, 192x191
>>37470
No no no
There were no homosexuals before the 19th century, there were just men who had sex with men and women who had sex with women
>>
>>37591
Homosex is best sex that's why the Greeks and Romans were so successful. Prove me wrong.
>>
File: freddy.jpg (169 KB, 900x1136) Image search: [Google]
freddy.jpg
169 KB, 900x1136
Does he count?
>>
File: richard3-1.jpg (68 KB, 220x282) Image search: [Google]
richard3-1.jpg
68 KB, 220x282
Richard the Lionheart x Philip II otp
>>
>>37497
alexander wasn't a faggot m8 Haephestion was just a good friend

same with Achilles and Patroclus
>>
claiming alan turing
>>
File: pompei_-_sappho_-_man.jpg (3 MB, 2550x3510) Image search: [Google]
pompei_-_sappho_-_man.jpg
3 MB, 2550x3510
>>
>>37621
Michelangelo probably wasn't gay.

He strikes me more like a romantic asexual, seeing as how he struck up the same kind of romantic relationships with women as he did with some of his male favorites.
>>
Well, to be fair, of the Five Good Emperors, only Marcus Aurelius was straight.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (404 KB, 1708x2126) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
404 KB, 1708x2126
>>
>>37680
>Literally had a daughter
>>
>>37736
She was a bisexual.
>>
>>37761
Sexuality in Greece wasn't the same as how ours is, so pansexual is as close as they come with overlapping with our rigid definition of sexuality.
>>
Leonardo da Vinci
Michelangelo
Richard Cromwell
>>
>>37591
Came here to post this
>>
File: 600-recordando-a-harvey-milk.jpg (46 KB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
600-recordando-a-harvey-milk.jpg
46 KB, 625x352
Sure...
>>
>>37644
i thought this was supposed to be a /pol/-free board. you leave.
>>
>>37470
Jesus
Mohammad
Bhudda
St. Peter
Caesar
Augustus
Publicolla
King Numa
Constantine
Justinian
Joan D'Arc
Jefferson
FDR
Hitler
Stalin
Ferdinand
>>
>>37638
Naw, it's pedosex.

They all fucked little boys
>>
>>37867
Was one of Jim Jones most ardent and vocal supporters.
>>37817
>not marry
>paint naked men
>lol so gay
>>
>>37929
Nice, all the great men of history were connoisseurs of boypussy.

Joan of Arc was a great woman as well.
>>
>>37470

So this isn't affrocentrism, what would you call it?

Homocentrism? Faggcentrism? Cultural afagination?

Help me out here.
>>
This thread doesn't really belong here, at least not in the way you're presenting it.

You're posting people who never acknowledged their sexualities and have no concrete proof that they would identify as /lgbt/ had they lived today, some of whom coming from cultures where the concept of a rigid sexuality is totally alien.

This thread could theoretically exist on /his/, but with posts about Oscar Wilde or >>37867 instead of Shakespeare or Jesus or other such nonsense.

That or a thread about the movement in history.
>>
As a fag myself, I can only express disappointment in this thread.
>tfw no qt history bf
Here's one of the few fags who actually was relevant and we know for a fact were gay: Alan Turing. Stop with this stupid revisionism and hearsay
>>
>>38271

Wilde always made me laugh. He seemed just an impish asshole.

I seem to remember him telling a woman he loved her, meet me on the train tracks at this time... well he told her the wrong time and as she got there was on the last car fucking his boy toy and waving her goodbye.

Something like that, the cheeky cunt.
>>
The concepts of homosexuality and heterosexuality are fairly recent inventions. Our modern concepts of these terms doesn't arise until the 19th century. I don't think it's useful to categorize historical figures using terms they themselves wouldn't understand.
>>
>>37470
OP, the most famous homosexual of all
>>
>>38597
The concepts are fairly new, but the facts were there since prehistory.
>>
>>38845
People fucking man-ass, sure. However, the ancient Romans or Greeks wouldn't think of themselves as homosexual. They might enjoy the company of men, or even prefer it to women, but at the end of the day they'd go home and screw their wife so she'd pump out more soldiers for the army. Aristotle in Politics even criticizes the men of Gaul for being too obsessed with one another, and ignoring their (apparently quite attractive) women. As do a number of other Roman and Greek historians.

The ancient world was really more concerned with givers and takers, rather than the sex of the individuals in question.
>>
>>37575

>Charlemagne

He was known for having bastard children with multiple women.

>Napoleon

He told Josephine to fuck off because she wouldn't have a son, and he wanted an alliance with Austria.

>Genghis Khan

1 in 200 people in Asia are descended from him, and Mongol emperors usually had at least 12 wives.

>Caesar

Political slander, he was a complete womaniser.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.