[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The last great Roman general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Stilicho.jpg (84 KB, 495x512) Image search: [Google]
Stilicho.jpg
84 KB, 495x512
Could Stilicho helped the Western Roman Empir survive and endure longer if not for Honorius incompetence and Olympus' corruption? As well as keeping Alaric in line and happy with his Visgothic troops?
>>
The overall situation in Stilicho's time was already nightmarish. Plus, he was not that different from the other "generalissimos" (stealing O'Flynn term). He could have been a bit more successful in the short term, but no one had the strength or the resources to stop the overall decline for long.

For someone who tried (even if in a later date and in a shittier position), Majorian. And he got killed off by another warlord thanks to that.
>>
File: 1432770.jpg (408 KB, 450x640) Image search: [Google]
1432770.jpg
408 KB, 450x640
>>374519
>last great roman general

I wasn't aware we were making threads about Belisarius
>>
>>376493
>Literally a whipped cvck

No thanks
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.gif (328 KB, 516x1024) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.gif
328 KB, 516x1024
>>374519
Literally Flavius Aetius, the last Roman.
>>
File: 1436156729829.png (86 KB, 853x641) Image search: [Google]
1436156729829.png
86 KB, 853x641
>this thread
>>
>>374519
>a half vandal
>roman

He deserved everything.
>>
>>376819
Shut up Honorius
>>
>>376858
Honorius didn't care about riding the germanic bull as long as his cocks were happy and safe.

Aetius is my man.
>>
Stilicho allowed politics to kek him
>>
>>376911
lel
>>
fucking Stilicho (Stilicone in Italian) I will always remember this name...

>be me
>first uni exam: Roman History
>i read three books, I had no experience and I was a 19 yo fucker
>the last page of the last book I had to read was about fuckink Stilicone
>I told myself "I voluntarily WON'T study this useless fucker! who the fuck are you? what a silly name, Stilicone"
>I was keking real hard thinking about the name "Stilicone"
>finally got to the exam
>female prof see my photocpied book and ask me the most obscure part of the book
>indeed she ask me about Stilicho
> I stay mute

I passed the exam but with low grade, this influenced my final vote four years later

>I will always remember you, Stilicho, I'm sorry sempai
>>
>>376866
Shut up Honorius
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 288x175) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 288x175
>>377015
>(of course she got angry 'cause I didn't by the original, expensive book but i photocopied it)

Would you steal a Roman History Book?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.