[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /his/ what were some of the down right stupidest ideas i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8
File: 1427311547401.png (168 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
1427311547401.png
168 KB, 400x302
Hey /his/ what were some of the down right stupidest ideas in history. I'm talking weapons, tactics, warfare, political moves anything that was just out right retarded.

I'll start
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_(nuclear_device)

It was a really small nuke that would have killed the people who fired it.
>>
File: sack of wine.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sack of wine.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>373721
being a fucking sack of wine
>>
>>373721
The creation of /r9k/
>>
Is it that dumb? Depleted uranium is common in US bombs. Is a very weak nuclear bomb that much worse?
>>
File: Dabulamanzi.jpg (41 KB, 400x529) Image search: [Google]
Dabulamanzi.jpg
41 KB, 400x529
>my brother the King has ordered me not to attack the British as my force is underequipped and I am not a very good tactician
>I know, I will attack the British
>What could possibly go wrong
>>
File: Rome_-_Problems.jpg (106 KB, 543x421) Image search: [Google]
Rome_-_Problems.jpg
106 KB, 543x421
We should let all these migrant German people into the Empire. What could possibly happen?
>>
>>373781

The Roman Empire was a sinking ship anyway you retard
>>
>>373781
If it wasn't for the famine, and Romans repeatedly mistreating the Goths, they could have been a good buffer against the Huns
>>
File: parasite fighters.jpg (55 KB, 900x423) Image search: [Google]
parasite fighters.jpg
55 KB, 900x423
>>373721

>Let's make planes that take off from other planes in mid-air! Surely they won't crash and die!
>>
File: dasassanidman.png (62 KB, 145x180) Image search: [Google]
dasassanidman.png
62 KB, 145x180
>>373781
What the Romans did makes a lot of sense, actually. Just trying to fight them would have ended in getting overhwhelmed en-masse. Using treaties of settlement and making clients gave the Romans leverage, which they sometimes used devilishly.
>>
File: 1431917084210.jpg (10 KB, 180x178) Image search: [Google]
1431917084210.jpg
10 KB, 180x178
>>373781
>this shit again
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Orion_%28nuclear_propulsion%29
>So how are we going to get this ship into orbit and then around the solar system? Any ideas Bill?
>I don't, nuclear bombs are pretty popular now, why don't we just propel a ship with hundreds of tiny nuclear bombs?
>Goddamnit Bill who let you into NASA?
Jokes aside, Orion propulsion is actually incredibly efficient when compared to chemical rockets and using an Orion engine in atmosphere would make an incredibly small change in earth's background radiation. The only real danger represented would be all the ship itself crashing into earth with all those bombs. As with all proposed nuclear technologies in the 50s, the scale of the thing got so out of hand that engineers were drawing up plans for entire cities that would float in the air on nuclear bombs and then of course people stopped caring about the whole project.
Kind of a shame that we have never looked up with alley of space travel again since the 50s.
>>
Most anything done by the Royal Navy

There's a book called Greatest Naval Blunders but it might as well be called Greatest Royal Navy Blunders. Churchill was hysterically incompetent.

That being said, Voyage of the Damned was probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever read about
>>
>>373764
>he thinks depleted uranium is the same thing as the uranium or plutonium in a nuclear bomb.
>>
>>374228
Its still a viable idea though.

Fusion or even antimatter bomb propulsion maybe the means humans finally leave this solar system.

Just not around earth or anyplace we still may in habit.
>>
Nuclear weapons in general are either the dumbest, or the smartest weapons ever invented.

The dumbest, because they are powerful beyond usefullness, and the smartest, because this fact is a very good insurance for peace
>>
>>373721

Mao's great leap forward. Killed 25+ million if I remember correctly and turned tons of usable farm tools into pig iron.
>>
File: wwew2.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wwew2.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
Quintilius Varus!
>>
>>374436
It's still very fucked up and I don't understand how the fuck deplated uranium is legal
>>
>>374436

depleted uranium is still biotoxic
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.