[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If there is a god, why should it be Catholicism, Protestantism,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: i believe in god.gif (798 KB, 499x250) Image search: [Google]
i believe in god.gif
798 KB, 499x250
If there is a god, why should it be Catholicism, Protestantism, Judaism, Sunni, Shia, etc that monopolises what 'god' is?

In other words, lets assume that you definitely believe in a deity - why should you then have to follow any of the pre-established religions instead of ending your belief in a god right there?
>>
God can mean many things and is up to many interpretations, and it does not equal religion.

You are confusing God with faith with religion
>>
well you don't have to
>>
>>370342
Because God would want us to know about His existence (otherwise we wouldn't be sapient), which in turn implies that one of the religions has to be true.
>>
>>370349
/thread.

As to why there is any religion at all, it was useful to early societies and still is useful for social control.
>>
>>370342
Source for OP image?
>>
Thanks for the answers.

>>370382

No idea sorry.
>>
>>370384

Looks like something from Taiwanees animators

https://www.youtube.com/user/NMAWorldEdition/featured

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDiOmviCq3U
>>
>>370404
truly genius
>>
>>370342
>If there is a god, why should it be Catholicism
Because the pope says so.
>>
>>370382
Xavier Renegade Angel

It's a great show.
>>
>>370371
>Because God would want us to know about His existence (otherwise we wouldn't be sapient), which in turn implies that one of the religions has to be true.

Or god just doesn't exist and all the religions are made up
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.