[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I become Max Stirner in the most faithful way possible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
File: Max_Stirner-k.jpg (47 KB, 501x525) Image search: [Google]
Max_Stirner-k.jpg
47 KB, 501x525
How do I become Max Stirner in the most faithful way possible? I already got myself a wife who fucks other men as well, though I'm currently working on squandering her cash on opening a milk shop.

I also haven't found a circle of leftists to drink beer with and am currently trying to get a teaching position at an all-girls school. Any advice?
>>
>>369659
Being Max Stirner is just a spook.
>>
>>369665
Came here to say this. Stirner is a spook and trying to "be" Stirner is pretty fucking spooky.
>>
>>369665
>>369680
b-but it's a spook i can agree with!

also where to buy fine cigars?
>>
>>369659
How's your forehead? This is important.
>>
>>369712
Pretty small. I have a big head though, so I could use whatever the word for head in german is and call myself max head.
>>
File: adi shankara.jpg (267 KB, 480x630) Image search: [Google]
adi shankara.jpg
267 KB, 480x630
>>369665
"Being" is just a spook.
>>
>>369659
>How do I become Max Stirner in the most faithful way possible?

That would be another fixed idea OP. He literally warns against this in his book, which you would've known if you actually read it.
>>
>>369723
Isn't believing in anything just a spook?

Aren't spooks themselves spooks?

How is Stirner any different from postmodernist bullshit artists? He was just ahead of the curve.
>>
>>369726
Being a spook is another spook.
>>
>>369726
Trying to not be spooked is a spook.
>>
>>369726
Max Stirner wouldn't read his own book, he would write it. OP needs to write The Ego and Its Own.

>>369729
You do realize being ahead of the curve is generally what makes people famous.
>>
>>369738
Being ahead of the curve for a retarded philosophical movement doesn't make you any less retarded. It just makes you the first retard of many.
>>
File: 1449340507873.jpg (14 KB, 500x314) Image search: [Google]
1449340507873.jpg
14 KB, 500x314
>>369746
>calling Egoism retarded
no words
kill yourself
>>
le fuck's a spook?
>>
>>369749
It is retarded though and so are you if you subscribe to it. Egoism is not conducive to advanced civilization.
>>
>>369753
>advanced
spooky
>>
>>369755
Thanks for proving my point :^)
>>
>>369753
>Egoism is not conducive to advanced civilization.

So Altruism is?

Well you can start with yourself then. Give away everything you own to charity.
>>
>>369764
No problemo spook-master ;^)
>>
>>369765
I'm posting from a homeless shelter famlee
>>
>>369768
>believing and following the memes of a true spook-master

Everything you do is spooky as fuck.
>>
>>369769
So what? You probably still own something that you can give away to someone who is needy.

Or do you think altruism's self sacrifice should only apply to other people and not yourself?
>>
>>369771
Your life is a spook, mate
>>
>>369772
this tequila famo sempai desu

donate your organs, or your body for science, keeekkkkk
>>
>>369773
So is every single person's life. Including Stirner's.
>>
>>369774
This, you could save several lives by killing yourself, two lungs, a heart, kidneys, liters of blood etc.
>>
>>369775
At least I choose my spooks.
>>
>>369778
So does everyone else. All spooks are equally spooky.
>>
File: adi shankara2.jpg (65 KB, 480x630) Image search: [Google]
adi shankara2.jpg
65 KB, 480x630
>>369729
>Isn't believing in anything just a spook?
Believing that you can believe things is a spook.

>>369775
This guys getting it.
>>
>>369774
memes are spooks and spooks are memes

needless to say, your post is very spooky
>>
>>369782
But are you an involuntary egoist?
>>
>>369784
the hindoodoos are a bunch of spook ridden cunts.
>>
File: adi shankara3.jpg (55 KB, 480x630) Image search: [Google]
adi shankara3.jpg
55 KB, 480x630
>>369778
>>369782
"Choosing" "your" spooks is the biggest spook of all.
>>
>>369787
>believing the voluntary/involuntary spook

free will is a spook my man
>>
>>369772
I'm literally naked right now famlee. I shaved all my body hair and made a hat out of it for some guy. I donated my kidney and about 3 pints of blood and as soon as I recover I'm going to donate more
>>
>>369792
>>369793
*sniff* pure ideology.
>>
Are all discussions of Stirner this intellectually stimulating?
>>
File: adi shankara4.jpg (52 KB, 480x627) Image search: [Google]
adi shankara4.jpg
52 KB, 480x627
>>369805
There is only one discussion of Stirner.
>>
>>369785
Are memes actually spooks though?
>>
>>369805
OP here.
I made this thread on /lit/ a long time ago, https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S7051528 it's the best thread on Maxy I've read so you can go ahead and read it, I felt it pretty helpful and comical.
>>
>>369753
Either you literally believe Communism is the future or you have to go with Egoism as being the core of economics.
>>
>>369823
Most people believe both, but not in the way you describe it.

People are egoistic as hell, but they want other people to be altruistic, so they can get free shit.
>>
>>369823
>You must chose my false dilemma.
>>
One can not become the Stirner by imitating the Stirner.

If you see the Stirner, first you must kill the Stirner.
>>
>>369839
>If you see the Stirner, first you must kill the Stirner.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>369850
It is a koan about how Stirner is a spook.
>>
>>369876
But isn't disarming the spook a spook in itself? when you engage in spook-busting, you become per-occupied with the busting of spooks, thus spooking yourself with a new spook ad-infinitum
>>
>>369878
FUCKIN STOP IT YOU CUNT
>>
how can spooks not be real when the mind is real?
>>
>>369729

No. A spook is when someone feels compelled to betray their own wishes because of a higher cause. Christianity is not a spook, not gambling even though you want to because Christianity says its wrong is a spook. Stirner never even says not to do this. His book is a warning, not an instruction manuel.
>>
>>369967

Also, a better, solid to define one is, literally, as a ghost. Somehting that is not really there but you act as if it were, just like when people believe in ghosts, where they get their namesake from. "The government" doesn't exist, all that does is exist is people with guns believing obeying something that only exists in their own heads.
>>
File: 1444927610578.jpg (78 KB, 545x405) Image search: [Google]
1444927610578.jpg
78 KB, 545x405
>>
>>369753

Prove it.
>>
>>369967
No, a spook is an idea. There is nothing inherently wrong with spooks, what Stirner rails against is allowing yourself to become possessed by spooks, putting them ahead of your own interests.
>>
>Stirner meme
This shit triggers me so hard. If you haven't read Feuerbach's 'Essence of Christianity,' then you don't understand Stirner's book. Period.
>>
>>371277
>shilling Feuerbach

This meme needs to end. Stirner's work stands on its own just fine.
>>
Okay guys, honest question here. A relationship I had with a girl just blew up, trying to cling to the notion of being together with her is a spook, right?
>>
>>369659
This meme needs to die.
>>
>>371280
I'm not 'shilling' Feuerbach, I agree with Saint Max's criticism. But it's willfully ignorant to think you can ignore the object of the critique and still get the whole picture. 'The Ego & Its Own' is literally a direct response to 'Essence of Christianity.'
>>
File: adi shankara5.jpg (50 KB, 480x627) Image search: [Google]
adi shankara5.jpg
50 KB, 480x627
>>371286
The notion of you being apart is the spook.
>>
>>371286
Depends if you think being with her is in your self interest of if you want to be with her because you feel being together is something higher to devote yourself to.
>>
>>371306
Not in its entirety. The Ego and Its Own is entirely self sufficient as a philosophical work. There are some polemics, but it's not as though the Essence of Christianity is its bedrock.
>>
>>371309
>feel like i want her despite knowing it's bad for my mental health
Why can't Stirner help me with this ;_;
>>
>>371318
Chances are it's a spook you've enslaved yourself to. You should try to do without her.
>>
Worst thread on this board since its conception.
>>
>>371324
Thank you anon, I'll abuse alcohol for a night instead.
>>
>>371328
Stirnerkeks
When will the learn?
>>
File: tumblr_m6wl0kHuTz1r7nc50.gif (478 KB, 500x214) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6wl0kHuTz1r7nc50.gif
478 KB, 500x214
>>369753
from my point of view the opposite is true
>>
>>371286
>trying to cling to the notion of being together with her is a spook, right?
does it serve you to continue on like this? i am not certain max can help you here, really, as it would likely serve you to continue on pursuing her if it works out but if it doesn't then you just dragged your self through the mud for no reason. max doesnt really tell you how to avoid suffering in complex circumstances, he mostly just tries to get you to avoid really dumb, very common mental traps.

i would probably default to fred here: 'what is done out of love, always takes place beyond good and evil' [or spookiness]
>>
>>369714
shave the first few inches off your fringe
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.