[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did king Solomon really exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Solomon.jpg (398 KB, 773x904) Image search: [Google]
Solomon.jpg
398 KB, 773x904
Did king Solomon really exist?
>>
Glorified cheerleader.
>>
>>369666
Glorified motivational speaker
>>
>>369567
>no photographic evidence
>no unbiased primary sources
No, he obviously did not.
>>
>>370017
>trying to find sonething with no bias
Bias should be irrelevant to this anyway because you can't use bias to erase facts such as a guy being alive.
>>
>>369567
Yes, but Palestinians are destroying all evidence of the first temple.
>>
Yes, and he , like all Israelites, were black.
>>
>>371954
Afrocentric bait is shitposting and you should feel bad
>>
>>372005
But house Solomon the exile royal family of Ethiopia are black people
>>
>>372522
>Solomon dynasty

Complete bull
>>
>>369666
Satanic trips
>Satan hated King Soloman
>Satan browse's /his/
>>
>tfw will never command demons
>>
Probably not. Israel didn't exist at the time he was supposed to. He might be based on some later figure though.
>>
>>369567
Nope.

>no material evidence indisputably of Solomon's reign has been found.

Source: Dever, William G. (2001). "What Did the Biblical Writers Know and When Did They Know It?: What Archaeology Can Tell Us about the Reality of Ancient Israel"
>>
>>369567
Yes no maybe

That's like asking if Ragnar Lodbrok or Gilgamesh existed. The answer is possibly, but most of the evidence says he did not.
>>
File: 1352246240226.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1352246240226.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
So was the entire old testament made up?
>>
>>373611
That must be why it's been so shit lately.
>>
He's either sealed in a brass lamp somewhere or God decided to bring him up

Solomon was a g
>>
I think he did but he was an insignificant ruler in some buttfuck Canaanite shithole instead of the glorious king Bible tries to portray him as.

For example the Bible is mentioning he was admired by the entire known world, had mining operations in Africa, fucked queens of foreign powers and had kings from all over the planet bringing him gifts. If that was true someone else would've mentioned him, which didn't happen.
>>
the books in the bible attributed to solomon are generally based
>>
>>373890
Some of the names and places are real...

Think of it as Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer
>>
>>373890
It was all metaphorical nonsense to legitimize the Elohists conquest of the other Canaanites. What better way to do so than to claim the specific god you worship out of all the Canaanite gods is not only the only real one, but the one who favors you as his chosen people.

The tribes they conquered may have well existed, there's evidence for it. But regarding the specifics like dates and battles, we'll most likely never have hard evidence on the matter
>>
File: *tips trowel.jpg (666 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
*tips trowel.jpg
666 KB, 1280x800
>>369567
He did indeed.
>>
File: 006-jesus-and-the-dragon.jpg (102 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
006-jesus-and-the-dragon.jpg
102 KB, 700x525
>>374302
>>
>>373890
Why stop there? The NT is just as ridiculous
>>
JUST A METAPHOR
>>
Yeah, he chills with prester john
>>
>>379415
Yeah but the NT has Jesus whose just a straight up cool fucking dude
>>
>>369567
I don't know if this is being a militant atheist shitlord because I'm really indifferent to general religiosity, but I don't think of most people in the Bible as historical figures, they're no more than characters in a story. Am I wrong?
>>
>>379863
>cool dude
>encourages people to be submissive
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.