[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Khazaria? >Elhaik reengaged the controversy late
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: khazaria.gif (10 KB, 416x349) Image search: [Google]
khazaria.gif
10 KB, 416x349
Thoughts on Khazaria?

>Elhaik reengaged the controversy late last year when the Oxford journal Genome Biology and Evolution published his study, “The Missing Link of Jewish European Ancestry: Contrasting the Rhineland and the Khazarian Hypotheses.” The young Jewish researcher challenged the so-called “Rhineland hypothesis”—the broadly accepted genetic and historic evidence that about 80 percent of Jewish Ashkenazi males trace their ancestry to a core population of approximately 20,000 Eastern European Jews who originated in the Middle East. Elhaik wrote that the Khazars converted to Judaism in the eighth century, although historians believe and genetic evidence confirms that only a fraction of the population converted, including almost certainly royalty and some members of the aristocracy.
>>
>>368106
Elhaik is an Israeli Jew who went to John Hopkins

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonentine/2013/05/16/israeli-researcher-challenges-jewish-dna-links-to-israel-calls-those-who-disagree-nazi-sympathizers/
>>
>>368106
If he's implying that European Jews descend from Khazars: nope. It's even dubious to assume that more than a few individual elites converted to Judaism, or that those individuals even knew what the hell Judaism was actually about. And genetics show a clear link to a Semitic origin, not a Turkic one
>>
Even if most Jews were Khazars I don't understand why that's considered a bad thing
>>
>>368241
just what a Khazar gene thief would say
>>
>>368265
It weakens their claim to Israel.
>>
>>368265
If Jews were Khazars, that'd mean they're not the descendants of the ancient Israelites, so there goes the "ethno" part of "ethnoreligious group". Couple that with the other-ness of steppe nomads and this theory can easily compliment a worldview in which Jews are liars and invaders.
>>
>>368276
Who, pray tell, are the REAL Jews?
>>
Regardless of their European ancestry they like all other Jews have semitic ancestry so this is a non issue, we all mixed with locals who converted.
>>
>>368320
Depends on the claim.

Those claiming it as an ethnic type thing, reclaiming a homeland, yeah that claim is lessened.
But, if its on theological grounds, making a state in the name of having somewhere that the religion is central, then that isn't anything new or unusual in the slightest. They're just a bit late to the game on it.

Then the question becomes if its right to attempt pushing on land owned by others for your faith. You can make the call on that one. I think its kinda fucked up.

I get the very strong feeling this thread is going to be about modern jews and not the historical Khazaria.
>>
They converted because they didn't really like the Byzantines or Abassids right?
>>
>>368340
The True Scots
>>
>>368410
This isn't a true Scotsman fallacy, I just want to know who he thinks the real Jews are. He might be a retarded stormfag or delusional palishit.
>>
>>368404
Yep. But actually only rulets were jews.
>>
File: Sviatoslav-460x425.jpg (36 KB, 460x425) Image search: [Google]
Sviatoslav-460x425.jpg
36 KB, 460x425
>>368106
>Thoughts on Khazaria?
Japhedites that converted the Judaism for economic and political reasons. Then later intermingled with their Semetic teachers. Majority of Jews are against the theory since it weakens Zionism, antisemites and even fringe groups of Jew attempt to fine additional data to strengthen the theory. It's actually pretty their internal struggle with the genetic testing war they have with each other.
>Mainstream Zionist Jews go out of their way to find that tiny 0.2% of Semitic DNA so that they can claim Jewishness as a race because they don't want to follow all the Mitzvahs
>Outliers like the "Mountain Jews" proudly claim that they are literally the Khazars and have no trace of Jewish DNA only to test them to find out they're literally more semitic than the average Jew.
Officially the theory has been debunked, but it has some credibility. Not that it matters anyway, since the Diaspora literally scattered all the tribes across the world. You'd have to literally came from a tropical island that's been isolated for 2,000 years to not have some genealogical connection with the people of ancient Israel.

>>368370
>I get the very strong feeling this thread is going to be about modern jews and not the historical Khazaria.
Looks up men like Sviatoslav I of Kiev the viking conquerer of Khazaria, and Saints Cyril and Methodius the men that attempted to convince the Khazars to convert to Christianity.
>>
File: scyths.jpg (53 KB, 512x326) Image search: [Google]
scyths.jpg
53 KB, 512x326
rightful scythian clay
>>
>>368106
There is no evidence for this. Like, zero. The actual Khazars eventually converted to Islam and then got conquered by other muslims, there was no point in staying a jew for any one Khazar.
>>
>>368106
Where is the evidence for this though?
Genetics don't suggest that modern Jews are descendants of Khazars
>>
>>369324
thats not what I heard, shmuelli

poles think they are sarmation, & lots of jews lived there and the pale of russia
>>
>>368320
>It weakens their claim to Israel.

Rofl no.
>>
>>369338
>poles think they are sarmation, & lots of jews lived there and the pale of russia
And what kind of evidence is that ffs?
Is that your superior Aryan "science"?
>>
>>369349
Well, the pale of russia and galicia and Ukraine, all very heavily settled and intermarried with jews, where all part of khazaria and later turkic hordes too. So one way or another, ashkenaki do have a lot of turkic blood in them now

>obligatory oy vey,the goyim know, shut it down, etc.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.