[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this an accurate explanation of Hegel? https://www.youtu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: 1425396594461.jpg (181 KB, 452x572) Image search: [Google]
1425396594461.jpg
181 KB, 452x572
Is this an accurate explanation of Hegel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5JGE3lhuNo&index=13&list=PLwxNMb28XmpeypJMHfNbJ4RAFkRtmAN3P
>>
No, it's just picking out bite-sized ideas from his philosophy for dumbasses to consume.
>>
>>367783
>le deep dialectical man can never be summarized

nigga please
>>
File: hegel robe and cap.jpg (60 KB, 411x600) Image search: [Google]
hegel robe and cap.jpg
60 KB, 411x600
>>367808
You can outline his ideas, but this video is not even that.
>>
>>367808
He summarized himself better than his commentators did. Reading Zizek about Hegel or even Marx about Hegel is one of the worst ways to learn what Hegel's philosophy consists of.
>>
>>367829
Nobody knows what Hegel's philosophy consists of. Nobody has ever been able to understand him. People just see what they want to see
>>
The School of Life never provides accurate explanations, only bite-sized interpretations.
It's not always trash, but it's videos start out from it's own preconceived notions of value.
It's enjoyable, but little more than pop philosophy.

.... And existential comics does it way better
>>
>>367864
>existential comics

I fucking love that shit.
>>
>>367863
That's my point. Why would you trust someone who doesn't grasp Hegelian logic but tries to claim that the world economy is structured according to the opposite of Hegelian logic?
>>
>>367870
pretty deep to be honest family
>>
>>367762
This is accurate in regards to the ideology surrounding philosophy. As in it puts forth the best ideals so you can improve your life. More people get into philosophy opens up more dialogue.

But why don't you read Hegel yourself?
That will be the best way of interpreting it. Unless you are a sheep who gets all his information from one source of media and doen't realise that will shape they way that you think. Especially on an imageboard like 4chan where its so easy to speak bullshit without using reliable sources. And im not saying 4chan is bad otherwise i wouldn't be here just keep that in mind.
>>
File: sweaty.jpg (17 KB, 240x312) Image search: [Google]
sweaty.jpg
17 KB, 240x312
>>367894
>But why don't you read Hegel yourself?

>read
>Hegel
>>
>>367909
You're a fucking pussy, and that joke isn't even funny.
>>
>>367909
I live in New Zealand so I learnt German to talk to chicks who come in for the summer.

Best decision of my life, when you show an active interest in other cultures it always helps to form an emotional bond.

Anyway it's amazing how fast you can learn something when you get in the mindset of using it to improve your life. (which is what these videos are trying to do)
>>
>>367922
Why are you angry lol (he's just trying to understand)

I think American anti-intellectualism is seeping its way through the internet, but if you are sick of american politics and want to escape it, change your facebook language to something other than english. It will also help to speak new languages.
>>
>>367951
Imagine that, watching these videos to learn and not to stunt tryna look cool for your faggy internet anime club
>>
>>367969
related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8xNBgCArE4
>>
>>367972
You are lonely

You don't have to be lonely.
Just think.
>>
File: 1448621268242.jpg (17 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
1448621268242.jpg
17 KB, 604x340
>>367969
>Gets told to read a book and acts like nobody can or should read Hegel
>Calls someone else anti-intellectual
I dont understand your point
>>
>>368095
exactly you don't understand me.
You're not using logic to think.
Is that the same reason why you have a distrust for the government?

How are those two points related?

if you actually want to learn philosophy dwelve into the current vein of philosophy, try to learn as much as you can, not points that you think would look cool to your anonymous internet friends but points that will help you do whatever you want to do in life. 4chan is currently the antithesis of the internet, whatever is popular in the world is unpopular on 4chan. But there is more to life than the internet. 4chan can be a place where you can have fun.
>>
>>367969
>>368147
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
>>
>>367951
Hegel is still terrible in German.
>>
>>368179
LEARN PHILOSOPHY THROUGH BOOKS AND MEDIA THEN COME BACK WHEN YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THE IDEAS.

there is no reason to distrust them, philosophy has been a discussion since it's inception. Start with an introductory book then get to the harder stuff later.
>>
File: 1443811964408.jpg (109 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1443811964408.jpg
109 KB, 800x600
>>367762
Hegel preferred to be a the typical undergrad in refusing to understand empiricism, stoicism and buddhism...
>>
>>367762
You picked out the single most dihonest, pleb, and worthless philophical series on all of youtube.

Literally forget everything you ever heard from the video. You just wasted 8 minutes watching it. School of life's videos are so dumbed down that even when there are facts presented in them they are misrepresented so badly they might as well be lying. I don't know anything but Hegel myself but I'd not trust a single word from the youtube channel because when I watch videos of theirs from philosophers I actually know I can tell they have no commit to actually teaching people. Everything gets turned into hallmark wisdom.
>>
>>367909
If you actually give a shit about doing philosophy seriously you are going to need to do this eventually.

Fuck man 21st and 20th century philosophy is impossible to understand without an understanding of both Hegel and Nietzsche. Every philosopher is going to claim one of those guys as part of their lineage.
>>
>>367762
Hegel's philosophy can be summarized pretty easily actually.

You just have to imagine that the world and human society operates on a principle that ideas are in constant opposition to one another, and that they will either clash in open war, or become an amalgamate or synthesis of each other, and result in something new, that will again go through the same process.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.