[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesnt the poor kill the rich?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 17
File: 74858.jpg (540 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
74858.jpg
540 KB, 1280x800
Why doesnt the poor kill the rich?
>>
>>367165

They would if they could.

/thread
>>
>>367165
something something laws and shit
>>
>>367165
The military and police. The whole point of those organizations have historically been to maintain the status quo through force.
>>
>>
>>367165

They're far more peaceful and pacifistic than the rich.

Marx was way off when he said that all conflict is class conflict; when for most of history it's been conflict within/between the upper class.
>>
File: zizek-012.jpg (124 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
zizek-012.jpg
124 KB, 620x372
PURE
>>
>>367165
Because the poor, by definition, don't have any money. They can't afford to fight.

If you're in a situation where you'd starve if you missed a paycheck, being a revolutionary is off the table. A communist uprising takes longer than poor people could feed themselves if they weren't getting paid.
>>
These
>>367192
>>367214
>>
Poor people are retarded. That's why they're poor
>>
File: vilenin_JPG-CONVERT-resize=600.jpg (37 KB, 600x584) Image search: [Google]
vilenin_JPG-CONVERT-resize=600.jpg
37 KB, 600x584
>>367288
t. delusional

If those things went away people would demand their return and that they took their guns
>>
>>367295
>Dubya is rich because he's smart
>>
File: images(4).jpg (9 KB, 320x158) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
9 KB, 320x158
>>
Entertainment/media/religion
>>
>>367298

The idea would be to redistribute the guns of the police and the military to the citizens.

Plus, since it just takes a few weeks or months of training to be a police officer, why isn't /everyone/ a cop? If there is one institution where exclusivity or elitism destroys the declared purpose of the institution, it's the police, right?
>>
>>367214
>military and police
an effective police force did not exist until the late 1800s. military was expensive to maintain before the modern state so that isn't a good answer either
>>
>>367337
Are you implying nobles did not have men at arms and there was no warrior class?
>>
File: Julius.png (78 KB, 323x401) Image search: [Google]
Julius.png
78 KB, 323x401
>>367337
>military was expensive to maintain
Which is why professional armies were small, while they pulled up vast numbers of peasants when they needed to campaign.
>>
>>367341
merchant class was over powered, anon.
>>
>>367165
Poor doesn't mean retarded. Most people here didn't see "kill the rich" as anything else than a day's pillage leading to little else. Of course occasional outbursts of violence against the rich happened, but it's usually followed by years of hardship.
>>
>>367320
>since it just takes a few weeks or months of training to be a police officer
Is this true in America? Because policemen in my country train two years.
>>
>>367320
>Plus, since it just takes a few weeks or months of training to be a police officer, why isn't /everyone/ a cop?
The original policing methods in the US pretty much were managed this way. The Sheriff is the only constitutional law enforcement official, but he has the right to call up people into a "posse" when he needs more hands to slot a bandit or something.
>>
>>367165
Fuck off to >>>/pol/
>>
>>367165
Then they would still be poor, well even poorer.
Kill the rich, bottom 50 percent pay no taxes, the rich pay all the taxes, kill the rich, no more taxes, no more "free" stuff from Uncle Sugar.
Kill the rich, no more jobs, now the poor are even poorer, when was the last time a poor person stared a business, creating jobs for others.
Look at it this way half of the population will always make less than the median income, and half the population will always be below average in everything, including intelligence.
Big ground wars used to clear out some of the surplus population as did disease, infection and starvation, now they get "assistance" and contribute more mouths to feed and hands to fill.
We need a good war or a large plague.
>>
Why should I wish to kill someone who has more money than me?

I'd hate to think that I'd be so entitled that I'd think I deserved something simply because someone else has it.
>>
Income taxes are not the only tax people pay
>>
>>367165
comodity fetishism
>>
Slave morality

t. Nietzsche
>>
>>367309

George is smarter than you.
>>
File: 1448114680386.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1448114680386.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
because class warfare is a fucking joke
>>
>>368257
>if you don't suffer from greed, you are a slave
>>
>>368292
>suffer
There's that slave word again
>>
>>368312
How do you know you're not the one suffering from slave mentality?
>>
File: 1437364997635.png (134 KB, 317x392) Image search: [Google]
1437364997635.png
134 KB, 317x392
>>368292

>Suffer
>>
>>368323
By not making the reduction of "suffering" my primary objective
>>
Bread and circus.
Capitalism makes enough people fat and happy for your class struggle bullshit to work.
>>
>>368379
/thread
>>
>>368368
How do you know that not making that reduction isn't what makes you a slave?

I fail to see any objective truth in anything you're saying.

>>368327
>wanting other people's things isn't a bad thing
>>
File: Moriah_Snaps.png (617 KB, 645x720) Image search: [Google]
Moriah_Snaps.png
617 KB, 645x720
>>368431

>wanting other people's things isn't a bad thing

WHY is it a bad thing?
>>
File: 129211204.jpg (63 KB, 500x308) Image search: [Google]
129211204.jpg
63 KB, 500x308
>>367165
Give it time. Soon the proletariat will become organized against the parasitic bourgeois
>>
>>368451
I should probably say, "It is bad to think you deserve other peoples' things"

It shows that you think you deserve something by mere virtue of existing, meaning that you have more right to that thing than the person that currently owns it.
>>
>>367165
Because the leaders of said poor and their friends would become the rich.

Then the cycle repeats.

People who don't have power will always resent those who do have power, At some point, the table turns.
>>
File: 1426988202653.jpg (42 KB, 587x599) Image search: [Google]
1426988202653.jpg
42 KB, 587x599
>>368491

>Rights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc
>>
>>368500
>le cop out
>>
>>368509
>appeals to 'rights'
>accuses some one else of a cop out
>>
File: 1431898680221.jpg (23 KB, 226x237) Image search: [Google]
1431898680221.jpg
23 KB, 226x237
>>368509

YOUR the one who's copping out, rights don't exist so stop using them.

You think your property is yours, i don't think so. It's that simple, nobody is right or wrong.

I don't have the right to anything by the same reason that you don't have the right to anything.
>>
>>368523
I'll hurt you and succeed if you try to take his property.

Therefore, he has the right to his property.
>>
>>368523
If you don't have the right to anything than why should you have something that someone else has simply because he has it?

Also, in the context of society I DO have rights, at least as far as the law is concerned. >>368529
Someone like this is what gives me rights, and you have no power against this system.
>>
File: 1417475148350.jpg (18 KB, 208x218) Image search: [Google]
1417475148350.jpg
18 KB, 208x218
>>368529

>Therefore, he has the right to his property.

In his head he sure does, doesn't mean shit to me or anyone else for that matter.
>>
>>368553
Well spooked my friend :^)))))
>>
>>368529
Well said, my property.
>>
>>368554
>doesn't mean shit to me

I guess I'll see you in prison then.
>>
>>368431
People become enslaved due to their desire to avoid suffering. It's not that we enjoy suffering, it's that we don't fear it or opt to avoid it when confronted with something that obstructs the Will. And we don't readapt the Will to amend said obstructions, like a slave who has accepted his slavery and even begins to make arguments for it would.
>>
>>368569
>oh shit nigger, he's going all out
>>
>>368563
>this reply
>honestly called someone else's argument a "cop out"

This entire philosophy can be summed up to, "nuh uh".
>>
>>368577
actually it can be summed up to 'that actually isn't real at all, so stop acting like it is'
>>
File: 1425075509202.png (319 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1425075509202.png
319 KB, 803x688
>>368553

>If you don't have the right to anything than why should you have something that someone else has simply because he has it?

Because i want it, duh.

>Also, in the context of society I DO have rights, at least as far as the law is concerned

What you have are PRIVILEGES, which can be revoked for a number of reasons. The rights ferry doesn't come down and stop someone from infringing on your "rights".

But in any case, just because the spook of rights infests the minds of everyone doesn't mean they exist. It's an abstraction, it doesn't have any physical form and people act on it for reasons that are not their own.

>>368569

>I guess I'll see you in prison then.

Why would you be in prison too?

All jokes aside, its entirely possible for your "rights" to not be respected at all by the government and YOU to be thrown into jail.
>>
>>368589
In the context of a society, assuming rights don't exist won't get you anywhere in a discussion.

If you say "rights don't exist", someone will just reply with "okay" and continue the discourse without you. It's a neat little bit of knowledge, but practically useless.
>>
In ancient times, doing this would result in the family members attempting to kill the thief correct?
>>
>>368600

>In the context of a society, assuming rights don't exist won't get you anywhere in a discussion.

Sure they do, because when someone complains about their rights being "infringed upon" we can point and laugh saying that they were possessed by a spook.

How could rights exist if the government infringes on the all the time?
>>
>>368600
You're talking to idiots who think the metaphysical ain't the realest shit there is
>>
>>368618
>when someone complains about their rights being "infringed upon" we can point and laugh saying that they were possessed by a spook.

Truly the pinnacle of human society.

>How could rights exist if the government infringes on the all the time?

How could life exist if things are getting sick and dying all the time?
>>
>>368628

>How could life exist if things are getting sick and dying all the time?

Because things were alive 10 seconds ago. Your confusing the psychical with abstractions.
>>
>>368643
Look, I'm very aware that, in the grand scale, rights are a social construct, among many other concepts we have.

But when talking about something like property in a practical sense, unless you want an absolutely lawless society, you have to assume rights exist to some degree.
>>
In the west its because television and other such entertainment. Also they cant comprehend the power they have when United and they step away from their long hour jobs to have the free time to organize. Also, genuine cowardice.
As for countries like North Korea? Fuck if I know
>>
>>368651

>But when talking about something like property in a practical sense, unless you want an absolutely lawless society, you have to assume rights exist to some degree.

Because you think they do? Try breaking any laws, you'll find out how few rights you actually have. These concepts in your head aren't real it only takes a small about of observation to see were these abstractions break down.
>>
>>367337
A state didn't exist before then either so your argument makes no sense.
>>
>>368679
>Because you think they do?

I literally just said I don't.
>>
>>368686

But you just said you have a right to property.
>>
>>368651
As long as you use serve spooks because they serve you* (e.g. you dont want a 'lawless society') i aint got no problem with it. But it is important to remember that they are only spooks and if they no longer serve you, then fuck em.

*stirnerian egoism is the greatest spook
>>
>>368695
Only when speaking about it in a certain context, so as to not have complete disorder in society.

And it still doesn't truly exist. It's just a helpful tool we've constructed to help preserve order.
>>
>>367713
Fuck off to k and g you autist fag and kys
>>
>>367165
They would be without jobs
>>
Class conflict is a meme, the real fight is between aristocrats and priestly class, in the modern world that translates as between businessmen and intellectuals.

Intellectuals want to kill the businessmen, they say the "poor" should do it because they want cannon fodder, but they are the ones pulling the strings of the "poor" in every instance of "class struggle".
>>
because rich ppl invented entertainment
>>
Because spooks.
>>
>>367165
They haven't the organisational skills.

It takes an educated middle-class man to whip the peasants into shape.
>>
Probably the same reason slaves don't kill their masters when they sleep. I honestly think it's a malfunction of the human brain.

Most people are simply too social. Combine that with hierarchical thinking and you get poors and slaves that genuinely care about their masters, to a degree, and think of them as in their peer group community. Even if someone in your tribe treats you like shit it's still an incredible taboo to kill them. I think this is true even in chimp societies. Ever since at least the development of agriculture there have been men who have discovered this instinct and taken advantage of it. It also probably helps that people die every couple of decades and a new generation can be taught to normalize anything. Humans are extremely adaptable both physically and mentally. If you raise a child in a house covered in shit and tell them that's normal they'll learn to live with it so long as you truly convince them this is what they are supposed to do.

It's like if you did favors for everyone you were friendly with without question. Sooner or later you're going to run into that asshole that will abuse your good nature and try to squeeze as much free stuff out of you as possible. Now imagine that on a global scale over millennia, where the decisions of past men can compound on to others and create castes of the used.
>>
>>367165
It's pretty fucking hard to tear a system whose organisation is sophisticated and very detailed and also worldwide apart, when you 're beginning from scratch. Especially since this system has taken care to accentuate isolation and individualism through workers, nevermind raising them in a pool of fantasies.
>>
Because I'd be killed, and I don't even have a fucking SBR yet from uncle sam. How the fuck do I defend myself from hordes of pissed of nigg-erm, faggots, that want to kill me because I own a large amount of equipment and a name. After taxes only have about as much as anyone else makes.
>>
Because they know deep down they need them. Poor people are usually retarded, its easier to sit on your ass and complain about how the rich and corperations are evil rather than actually compete with them.
>>
>>368706
>*stirnerian egoism is the greatest spook
How so?
>>
>>369996
This. Things have basically never been so bad that a prole revolution wouldn't make things worse for everyone.
>>
>>367288

/thread

Also it still can happen.
>>
>>368263
>le Yale bait
>>
>>368009
here's your response
>>
>>370007
Not that anon but most people who are 'individualist anarchists' or 'egoists' are seriously misreading Stirner. 'The Ego & Its Own' is not an ethical polemic, it's a critique of Feuerbach's 'Essence of Christianity.' The point of Stirner's book isn't to tell you how to live your life. It's to show that Feuerbach and the young Hegelians are stupid.
>>
>>369780

Like I say, poor people are just far more peaceful.

Most conflict is between the rich. They just hire poor people to do it.
>>
>>367309
the whole idea that a bloody president of the USA could ever be dumb as fuck is a gross exageration and purely sensationalistic idiocy. Sure, presidents might not be academic superstars ( some are/were), but all of them definitely have an above average intelligence. It's not possible to led a moron lead a country, by thinking such a think you clearly underestimate the intellectual challenge that is leading a modern state such as the USA.
>>
>>367165
Because most poor people are honest folk who don't follow your bankrupt murderous ideology.
>>
>>371284
And thats why they are poor>>371284
>>
File: misty_tongue[1].jpg (26 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
misty_tongue[1].jpg
26 KB, 550x366
>mfw /his/ is full of unashamed and unironic egalitarians and leftists who think we should all have an equal share of the world's bounty
>>
>>371360
No, they're poor because they don't have any marketable skills.
>>
>>368009
>2015
>falling for the neoclassical-economics meme
ishygddt
>>
>>371365

>egalitarian

You mean meritocratic as opposed to aristocratic?

>equal share

Equal shot.
>>
>>371379
And whose fault is that? You decide what skills you have. You are the captain of the ship.
>>
>>368009
>We need a good war or a large plague

I hope your family won't experience any.
>>
>>371379
Maybe if the education system would be affordable for the poor too it would be different?
>>
>>371391
>Equal shot

Sounds like you have fallen for the equality of opportunity meme.
Nobody really believes this. When my kid gets into Harvard business school, and yours doesn't, because you didn't take the admissions clerk out to dinner, you will find this out.
>>
>>371466
This

Communism is the only way to ensure the well being of everyone but human greed makes it not possible
>>
>>368009
I honestly wouldn't mind a plague if I survive and a fuckton of others don't. We need a Black Death to thin out the herds. Especially in Asia.

If the world population goes to something like a billion, we'd have more resources available for the survivors.and the rich as well as the poor would die en masse hopefully. All the people that do a trade, know a craft, or have technical skills and instruction would be in high demand since their skills would rebuild civilization.

The Black Death was a blessing in disguise for Europe; we could use a plague because it doesn't damage infrastructure like wars do or nuclear fallout.
>>
>>367309

>le bush was a drooling moron meme

Say what you will about his policies, but you can't seriously think that Bush (or any modern leader) is truly "dumb", right?

You don't become the fucking president of the United states without being intelligent. Bush being an idiot is a meme perpetrated by liberals based on a few verbal gaffes and a folksy speaking style. It has zero basis in reality, and is on the same level as contemporary conservatives criticizing Obama for being "lazy" and "a pussy".
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.