[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are chinese, japanese, and korean history courses at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: viet-MMAP-md.png (143 KB, 1036x733) Image search: [Google]
viet-MMAP-md.png
143 KB, 1036x733
>there are chinese, japanese, and korean history courses at many universities
>the only courses on vietnam are about indochina and the vietnam war
>there are many historical documentaries about all eras of chinese, japanese, and korean history
>the only documentaries about vietnam are about indochina and the vietnam war
>there are many historical movies about all eras of chinese, japanese, and korean history
>movies about vietnam only take place during the time of indochina or the vietnam war

Do people really only care about Vietnamese history when it can be politicized? Vietnam is like the opposite of Mongolia. People only care about ancient Mongol history, while people only care about modern Vietnamese history because it can be politicized.

Or could it just be everyone has the same names so it's confusing lol
>>
>>366721
Vietnamese here. Vietnam didn't do much except be a Chinese vassal/throw off the chinese yoke for a long time.
>>
Southeast Asia didn't do anything for 3,000+ years. It was only when the Europeans arrived that things got interesting.
>>
File: Boxer Codex-176.jpg (155 KB, 450x632) Image search: [Google]
Boxer Codex-176.jpg
155 KB, 450x632
>>366738
>It was only when the Europeans arrived that things got interesting.
As a SEAsian, its when Europe arrived that things got boring.
>Before: Piratical Pirateniggers in the Philippines, Thallassocratic Empires in Indonesia & Borneo, Vietnam: The Little China that could. Burmese Warrior Kingdom and the great Burmese-Thai rivalry, Cambodians and WE WERE URBANIZED EMPIRE BUILDERS IN THE JUNGLE N SHIT.
Europe & After
>Here's your artifically constructed borders based on the colonial borders we left you with. Go play nice.
>Meh modern history from hereonout.
>>
>>366772
>As a SEAsian

I don't know if you're OP, but everything that he is asking for (movies, documentaries) is not targeted for SEAns. Unless it's produced in Indochine itself of course. I suppose it's kinda hard for Vietnam, but hasn't for example Thailand or Indonesia produced those? Why?
>>
>>366811
Not OP. And OP is probably from the west. We're pretty much the "who?" region of Asia, only exceeded by Central Asia in obscurity.
>>
>>366772
>>366738

During the Song and Ming dynasties, Southeast Asia was full of Japanese and Chinese pirates. A few Chinese pirate lords even set up their own micro-kingdoms like Singapore in Indonesia and Malaysia. Japanese pirates had full blown fortresses and clan system akin to Yakuza hiding out in the Philippines.

Shit was fucking awesome.

>>366721
>Chinese history courses at universities

My university had only one for Chinese. And it was basically introduction to Chinese history 101. That was shit. Also most university Chinese courses only teach you stuff that happened after 1950s. Boring shit.
>>
>>366736
Is it fun to impersonate a Vietnamese person, Wilson Wang?
>>
>>367146
what
>>
>>366772
Fuck off back to /int/, the Filipino shit who is always posting these pictures there
>>
File: 1424921180991.jpg (17 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1424921180991.jpg
17 KB, 225x225
>>366772
It's sad that papers or any records are rotted by the humid and hot weather or southeast Asia.I've read that most data we now know about southeast Asian history is based on Archaeology and foreign records
>>
>>366772
As a Koreaboo, it's once the Japanese show up that things get interesting:

>Here. Have a legacy of insane bullshit. Pick and choose from it, then argue who's insane bullshit is better!
>>
>>366721
>>366811
>movies, documentaries targeted not for SEAn
Vietnam only matter because US monies and blood spilled there.

No commoner in the west have any interest about General Luna, killing commies in the depth of malaya jungle, rapes of Aceh by Indonesia soldier, or shit like that.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.