[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did the nazi germans actually want to annex Norway and sweden
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: suggestedgreaterreich.jpg (304 KB, 1906x1655) Image search: [Google]
suggestedgreaterreich.jpg
304 KB, 1906x1655
did the nazi germans actually want to annex Norway and sweden or is this just a meme based on their invasion of norway?
>>
also denmark and the low countries

why would germany want to annex these? I can understand colonizing the east and taking historically german lands from france
>>
>>366504
>historically german lands
well memed
>>
>>366505
but there were though
>>
>>366504
Maybe to create a pan-germanic state? We can't know for sure, if you ask the anti nazi establishment, he was an evil madman that wanted to conquer the world and massacre everyone who wasn't a blue eyed blonde german, and if you ask the other extreme, he dindu nuffin.
>>
I MUST
>>
A lot of hitler's proposed land grabs seem to have less to do with uniting germans and more conquering areas germanics lived
>>
>>366549
UNITE
>>
>>366360
The conquest of the Scandinavian countries had more to do with stopping the allies then any genuine desire to conquer Scandinavia.
>>
>>366504
danish where seen as somewhat aryans.
and the dutch are also somewhat german.
>>
How exactly did Germany invade Norway with the Royal Navy controlling the seas?
>>
>>367338
read history book.
>>
>>367371
Why exactly are you here?
>>
>>366360
They wanted to incorporate Sweden into their Germanic Reich within time however they obviously had bigger issues to deal with, as well as Sweden being harder to occopy than Norway and Denmark.
>>
>>367338
The thing with navies is that they don't control the whole area they operate in, allowing short incursions to happen. Prolonged invasion with multiple waves of German support would have been a different thing, but Germans used pretty much their whole navy for a month or two to invade Norway and Royal Navy couldn't dent them properly.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.