[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When is war justified?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: war.png (39 KB, 1316x1168) Image search: [Google]
war.png
39 KB, 1316x1168
When is war justified?
>>
File: Brit2.png (29 KB, 599x578) Image search: [Google]
Brit2.png
29 KB, 599x578
when I say so.
>>
>>364102
When someone attacks you, and that's about it.
>>
All wars are justified in the eye of the instigator, so it's kind of a silly question.
>>
File: xllhx2r.jpg (360 KB, 918x1429) Image search: [Google]
xllhx2r.jpg
360 KB, 918x1429
When it's won. Most wars were started with some kind of pretext, self-defense, insult, help for innocent. Romans claimed they never started a war of aggression, it just so happened they conquered the civilized world by defending themselves. Hitler claimed Poland started the WW2 by attacking Radio Tower, and if Germany won, it would be the standard. USA claimed Iraq had WMD, they hadn't, but US won so no one question it.
>>
File: lELnEie[1].png (146 KB, 738x554) Image search: [Google]
lELnEie[1].png
146 KB, 738x554
I ain't gotta justify shit senpai. I just put a tank on your lawn and I'm raping your wife. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>364102
When the British participate in it and win
>>
>>364102
Secession needs to be god tier.
>>
>>364102
When you win.
>>
>>364135
>>364257
These desu. "Justice" is nothing more than one group enforcing its will on another.
>>
>Defensive / Self-Preservation

That is said about literally every war
Also ideological wars are god-tier
>>
File: JSdia122.jpg (3 MB, 5000x3313) Image search: [Google]
JSdia122.jpg
3 MB, 5000x3313
Defensive and reclamation of lost territory are the only justifiable ones.
>>
>>364286
There's
>I'm attacking you because I need to """""""""""defend myself preemptively""""""""""""
And
>Oh shit, I'm attacked, gotta defend myself.

Im sure OP meant the latter.
>>
File: ISISfucks.jpg (164 KB, 1250x650) Image search: [Google]
ISISfucks.jpg
164 KB, 1250x650
>>364286
>Also ideological wars are god-tier
>>
File: 1387824655586.jpg (99 KB, 900x1344) Image search: [Google]
1387824655586.jpg
99 KB, 900x1344
>>364102
>that post

>>/b/
>>
>>364102
>assassination
>great

austrian detected
t: serb
>>
>>364207
This
>>
>>365100
but the former is an actual smart move and the latter is just a failure of military intelligence .

in my country when we saw the syrians and egyptians were doing funny business near the borders we just started bombing .

>>364286
if there's an organization centered around ideology in a nation that has its own army to wage war with the nation has failed as a nation , its now a playground for ideologists .
>>
>>364102
This list is retarded on so many levels.
>>
>>366005
We're talking about justifications here, not "smart moves."

Pre-emptive defense just sounds way too much of an excuse.
>>
>>364102

So all anti-colonial wars are justified?
>>
>>366005
>in my country when we saw the syrians and egyptians were doing funny business near the borders we just started bombing .

So you agree they were justified in defending themselves by then attacking Israel?
>>
>>366796
Not the guy you're replying to, but it's not hard to convince Israelis that a war is justified. After all, they're surrounded by an unstable region dominated by extremist ideologies that place Jews as the focal point of their problems. "funny business near the border" is a perfectly acceptable justification for Israel to take military action in many people's opinions.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.