[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Like, dianetics must have some genuine bearings for people to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: xenu981205072.png (84 KB, 348x332) Image search: [Google]
xenu981205072.png
84 KB, 348x332
Like, dianetics must have some genuine bearings for people to adhere to it and that Scientology shit. ...or are their people that desperate/stupid?
>>
File: rose pepe.jpg (919 KB, 1600x1560) Image search: [Google]
rose pepe.jpg
919 KB, 1600x1560
>>362919
>There are potentially scientology apologists on 4chan
Times really have changed
>>
>>362919
>genuine bearings for people to adhere to

It's a money machine for the cult of L. Ron Hubbard
>>
>>362919
*are there, apologies
>>
>>362933
Yeah sure, but it must hold some merit that got people convinced towards it. Start your own sham religion and prove me wrong.
>>362930
Whatever, dude.
>>
>>362944
there are plenty of cults out there, and yes, there are people that desperate and stupid. When you are at the shittiest point of your life, it's pretty easy to be convinced of something. If that thing has a large framework already in place, so much the easier.
>>
I think the auditing thing, like freud's talk cure, works for some people - even if there is no scientific basis. Just unburdening and having someone to talk helps relieve anxiety etc.

Also, it seems that people attracted to Scientology are desperately in need of a direction.
>>
>>362919

If you stop and look at it, Scientology is pretty standard Gnosticism, with weird space aliens taking the place of a hostile Demiurge. We all started in some perfect non-material form, and if you follow the right set of rituals, you can re-connect with this primal, perfect, non-material you.
>>
>>362919

From what I've heard, Dianetics (the book itself) does, as do the initial things Scientology teaches its followers. But by the time they start hitting you with the truly laugh-worthy shit, you're in too deep and they make it as difficult as possible for you to get out. Most people stay out of coercion and manipulation more than anything.
>>
LRH is the messenger of the truth.
>>
>>362972
Righteous
>>
>>362977
Fuck off Tom Cruise.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.