[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Russia do you like the most /his/ Moscovy-era slavic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: slavic-costumes-1911-large.jpg (469 KB, 1600x861) Image search: [Google]
slavic-costumes-1911-large.jpg
469 KB, 1600x861
Which Russia do you like the most /his/

Moscovy-era slavic Russia?
shamelessly western Russian Empire?
or the west's worst nightmare that was the USSR?
>>
>>362664
1700-1900
>>
>>362664
honestly, the kievan rus is the only time russia has not been a flaming shithole for the majority of the population. Even during catherine "the great's" time most of the people lived in abject poverty and slavery. Sure in the Kievan Rus you were poor, but generally you owned animals and if not on marginal land, could live comfortably and independently.
>>
>>362714
t. Obama
>>
>>362692
This. Early tsardom is more like Asian despotism in the ruins of the Golden Horde while the revolution is pretty much an equivalent of tumblrites taking over societu.
>>
>>362714
>kievan rus
>russia
>>
>>362664
All the russias are best Russia

t. Guy with a Russian name and no ethnic connection
>>
I go with USSR

sure they were dirty commies but at least they had respect and power.
>but they were poor and cold and their leaders were assholes
like all the times in Russia for most of its population
>>
1917-1926
>>
File: 1446865296075.jpg (113 KB, 600x828) Image search: [Google]
1446865296075.jpg
113 KB, 600x828
>>362664
Has to be USSR.
>>
File: slide_391940_4775292_free.jpg (702 KB, 1200x779) Image search: [Google]
slide_391940_4775292_free.jpg
702 KB, 1200x779
USSR.

The dream for Russia all throughout history was to be powerful, and the USSR granted that wish with interest whilst looking fresh as fuck.
>>
File: received_10204979116379872.jpg (36 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
received_10204979116379872.jpg
36 KB, 499x499
>>362775
1917-1919 was one of the most innovative moments in Russian history
>>
File: wmr_aph_n070440_large.jpg (118 KB, 627x944) Image search: [Google]
wmr_aph_n070440_large.jpg
118 KB, 627x944
>>362983
>>363070
But Russia was powerful and respected

So powerful that Western powers backed the Turks against Russia in Crimea so they wouldn't gain more territory
>>
>>362664
USSR, November 7th, 1917 to January 21st, 1924. Пpoлeтapии вceх cтpaн, coeдиняйтecь!
>>
>Moscovy-era slavic Russia
This is either plain wrong or intentionally a loaded statement. Muscovy was more 'asian' then, far more so than ever before and after or even the contemporary and established slavic societies and states. The implication that this eastern and asiatic extreme is somehow a truer form of slavic culture and the dismissal of everything else is shit.
>shamelessly western Russian Empire
Shamelessly faux-western. It had the look of a western country but underneath it all it was still an archaic despotate woefully barbaric even by western standards at it's birth.
>the west's worst nightmare that was the USSR
That the West's worst nightmare was USSR has not at all everything to do with the supposed might of the USSR or its hipster ideology. The West likes and liked by then already to play by certain rules and follow more or less sane rationale with your actions at international level. This doesn't mean that they were naive or even nice people, but they were good rules for making sure that shit didn't hit the fan - usually by slapping the falling turd and diverting it off course, which was often still a rather messy business. But, hey, better than being covered in shit, yeah? Russia and especially USSR couldn't and didn't really want to play by those rules. What made USSR a nightmare wasn't 'OMG, russia so powerful he could kill us all' rather 'What the fuck is that fucking retard doing now, oh shit, who gave him a gun, fuck, why the fuck did we even let him in here'. USSR was literally a retard in a class full of normies.

Anyway, the correct answer is Novgorod. The only time Russia was based without being dumbshit retarded at the same time.
>>
>>362714
>Even during Catherine "the great's" time
you mean Especially during Catherine "the great's" time

>Anyway, the correct answer is Novgorod.
this guy
>>
Stalin. Nuking oligarchic pigs in europe. Years after death killing oligarchic pigs in space.
>>
>>363806
You're not wrong. Muscovy wasn't that Slavic, they more resembled some of the medieval tyrannical kingdoms in China. Combine that with the fact it was a principality ruled by Khan's former tax collectors and the firts tsar of Russia outright claimed to descend from Mamai. Even their clothing (both common and ceremonial) shows obvious Mongol-Tatar influence, well besides the clergy which was quite obviously Byzantine inspired.
>>
USSR
Imperial Russia only won after outnumbering turks 20 to 1(!)
>>
What's wrong with today's Russia?
>>
>>364250
I'd say corruption, which is common in Eastern Europe as a whole thanks to communism, but I don't understand why is Russia in particular such a violent society. Maybe it has to do something with being 15% muslim.
>>
File: 1443778092514.jpg (219 KB, 468x702) Image search: [Google]
1443778092514.jpg
219 KB, 468x702
USSR
>>
>>364258
That damn islamic communism am I right senpai
>>
File: yalta.jpg (1 MB, 2995x2170) Image search: [Google]
yalta.jpg
1 MB, 2995x2170
The Russian Empire, or what it would have become if ww1 didn't happen.

The Tsar was making concessions and forming a government similar to the other kings of Europe. Commies like to argue they ended child labor and industrialized but this would have happened anyway as it was happening across the rest of the developing world at the time as electricity, the motor car and many other innovations became commonplace during the 20s. This would have happened plus Russia would be open to the rest of the world and would not have been wrecked by war.
>>
>>364289
Imperial Russia was already spending gorillion rubles on industry and infrastucture, the Tsar had already built the Transsiberian railway which was one of the greatest engineering projects of its time. Commies just live in a parallel reality or something.
>>
I like my Russia weak and arhaic and non-threatning.
>>
>>362664
it was all bad. even the best times in russia were terrible compared to the west.
>>
>>364720
How about the time when they were Mongol subjects?
>>
>>364720
Not Novgorod.
>>
>>365230
Too bad Novgorod was annexed and looted by Muscovy
>>
>>362714
Not to mention their laws were very humane. It was primarily punished by fines instead of execution or torture.

I actually contemplate a Kievan Rus without the Mongol Yoke. The Russians would've experienced the Renaissance and the Enlightenment wholly.
>>
>>362833
Those decades were crucial. Russia needed peace and capital to modernize their economy, educate the masses, remove the power of the nobles, allow a proper Duma to work, and finally phase out monarchy to ensure Russia would have dignity and development.
>>
>>365372
>phase out monarchy
>otherwise no dignity and development
Nice meme. Russian monarchy had much more dignity than anything that followed.
>>
>>365380
Only a handful of Tsars had my respect. Russia needed more men like Alexander III to ensure the peasants and laborers had economic and educational opportunities. Not to mention political representation.

I despise the Bolsheviks with a passion, but the nobles and tsars waged war against their own people for too long like 1905's Bloody Sunday.
>>
>>365392
The thing with Russia is even the shittiest monarchs look better than the best presidents and general secretaries.

>Russia needed more men like Alexander III to ensure the peasants and laborers had economic and educational opportunities.
Like his dad you mean?
>>
>>365347
Yes, which is the point where Russia as a whole started descending into shit. Really the rise of Asiatic despotism and deification of the ruler into some sort of pharaoh level demigod started with Muscovy.
>>
>>365411
Shit I meant Nicholas I. I just woke up and still clearing the cobwebs.
>>
>>365534
Yeah, you mean Alexander the II. Nicholas the I was the most reactionary
>>
>>362664
The golden age of Russia is 1815-1915.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwMCj9XO8L8
>>
>>364289
That would have been great.
>Imperial Russia remains allied with the US
>US helps them modernize their Navy to prevent Japan from spanking them again
>having a stable Russia prevents Communism from spreading to Asia
>Manila remains un-bombed and ever more Americanized. The Philippines applies for statehood by 1950.
>the Ottomans get slapped around from both sides when they try to use the Bosporus as a bargaining chip
>>
>>363806
t. Ukrainian
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.