[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good shows about history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: dirilis_ertugrul-0.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dirilis_ertugrul-0.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Diriliş Ertuğrul is a Turkish historical adventure television series that takes place in the 13th century and centers around the life of Ertuğrul, the father of Osman I, founder of the Ottoman Empire and focuses on the kayı tribe.

With the Mongol invasions, oppression and slaughters, Turkic tribes flee from Central Asia. The Kayi tribe is one of Oghuz Turkic people with four hundred large nomad tents settling in Anatolia. But they get through a difficult time due to famine. All these nomads want to migrate to a better place where they can start a new life. Suleyman Shah is the leader of the Kayi tribe and his two sons Gündoğdu and Ertuğrul are reliable to him.

Ertuğrul is a young brave man and the younger son of Suleyman Shah. He often goes hunting with his three close men. One of these days, they come across prisoners taken by the knights of the Knights Templar. Ertuğrul and his three men save the lives of a young girl named Halime and her family from the knights and kill them all. They bring them to their tribe without knowing their true identity. Halime and her family belong to a noble family of the Seljuk Empire and were to be executed if Ertuğrul did not save them. Due to the fear of being caught, they do not reveal their true identity. However, their arrival brings new difficulties to the Kayi tribe: the Seljuk Empire is threaten to have war if they do not let their guests go and the Knights Templar is seeking for revenge. For this reason some nomads start to blame Suleyman Shah for not being able to be a good leader. This suits up well for Kurdoğlu, swore brother of Suleyman Shah, who has a hidden agenda. Suleyman Shah takes action and sends Ertuğrul on a vital mission for finding new land. For this reason, Ertuğrul and his three men go to Aleppo in order to make an agreement with the Sultan. They set off a chain of events that ultimately will lead to the founding of the Ottoman Empire.
>>
File: dirilis_ertugrul_ver23_xlg.jpg (436 KB, 1000x1429) Image search: [Google]
dirilis_ertugrul_ver23_xlg.jpg
436 KB, 1000x1429
Here's a good video trailer of the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpTo5azMJA
>>
bump

>>36319
you guys really should watch this, don't just dismiss this video, it's pretty cool in terms of a historical re-enactment
>>
Eng subs, pls
>>
>>37193
Right here my main man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aja9W32iNok
>>
>>37295
Thank you, how historically accurate is this?
>>
>>37193
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aja9W32iNok

So I have to ask, did Oghuz Turks at the time look more like modern Uzbeks, or had they already interbred with Anatolians to look like modern Turks?
>>
>>37345
Accurate enough most likely, obviously it's going to have dramatisation and a favour to wards the Turkish side but i'd say keeping that in mind it's impartial enough. It's got interesting stuff with the nomads and mongols and all that.
>>
>>37348
I'm guessing it depends which branch of Oghuz Turks you're talking about, the Turks had split apart into multiple tribes and clans along Anatolia really until the Ottomans blobbed it all together iirc
>>
>>37348
At Ertugrul's time? no, we hadn't even properly settled in Anatolia let alone mixing with Anatolians.
But your logic is flawed, Oghuz Turks have been living with Iranids since forever, we always looked different from Karluks and Kıpçaks.
Don't watch the show by the way, it is worse than Muhteşem Yüzyıl, and that is something.
>>37440
No, not at all. First of all, the geography and history doesn't go hand to hand. The tribe isn't even at the correct land it should be stationed at.
Plus, there is a propaganda going on against Mongols that is on "Soviet propaganda on Nazis" level, for some reason.
>>37523
This is also wrong. The 24 tribes of Oghuz Turks all came to Anatolia and all the tribes could be seen on any place of Anatolia. You are thinking of Turkic tribes in the European sense of tribes, which is wrong.
>>
Pretty turkish women and a part of history I'm unfamiliar with, I'm sold.
>>
>>37348
In modern Turkey you can still see Turkic looking people quite often and people of mixed features, it's pretty cool. I don't know if people back then were so mixed though.

>>37611
I've seen some of the show, it's got good production value and is fairly entertaining.
>>
>>37348
480p....
>>
File: romehbo.jpg (555 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
romehbo.jpg
555 KB, 2592x1456
>>36233
Rome was the shit. I still haven't forgiven HBO for cancelling it.

It's probably the only show that has a realistic portrayal of Roman battle tactics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrQpjToEgxk
>>
>>37746
>>37611
>>37348
>>37345
>>37295
>>37193

much higher quality here

http://www.amara.org/en/videos/w27JiSaVkCYh/info/dirilis-ertugrul-1-bolum/

I'm sure you can find more writing "dirilis english subtitle" or "dirilis ingilizce altyazi"
>>
File: 1370601814770.gif (888 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1370601814770.gif
888 KB, 160x160
>>37792
The worst part is that they keep bringing the actors into GoT for small shit roles. Apparently the guy that played Mark anthony said he would never do it because they replaced Rome with it.
>>
>>37963
So people picked shitty fantasy over amazing Roman show?
>>
>>37963
Based Purefoy.
>>
File: Isabela I.jpg (86 KB, 650x997) Image search: [Google]
Isabela I.jpg
86 KB, 650x997
>>
>>38057
Easier to sell to plebs. For Rome you have to know something about history to get it. GOT is trying to be deep but more often than not is pretty damn shallow.
>>
You can watch Omar, a Saudi series about the first caliphs, on YouTube.

It's pretty much Muslim propaganda, and whitewashed as fuck, but it's still interesting for being about a crucial period that no one else covers in Western shows.
>>
>>37792
>>37963
After watching spartacus: FUCK ROME
>>
John Adams
Poldark
Both are comfy af

>>38085
Oh, that looks really interesting.
>>
File: El Ministerio del Tiempo.jpg (211 KB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
El Ministerio del Tiempo.jpg
211 KB, 980x551
>>38085

>No El Ministerio del Tiempo
>http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/el-ministerio-del-tiempo/ministerio-del-tiempo-contestador-automatico-ambrosio-spinola-doria/3034526/
>>
Marco Polo was wildly inaccurate but I still enjoyed it, despite how dumb it was
>>
>>36233
I'm intrested in the Show OP, I'm currently living in turkey and I'd like to learn the language.. maybe you could tell me where I can find a torrent with the show (in HD if possible) so I can watch it when I have time! thanks
>>38377
Was El ministerio del Tiempo actually historically accurate? I didn't watch it, but I've heard good reviews about the show
>>
>>38616
I don't know about torrent but there's this

http://www.amara.org/en/videos/w27JiSaVkCYh/info/dirilis-ertugrul-1-bolum/

Might I ask what you are doing in Turkey? It's not often that people move to Turkey really.
>>
>>38616

Fairly accurate, while they keep jumping from Time to Time.
>>
>>38506
This pretty enjoyable. Also, Vikings, even if it like two centuries before the actual conquest of England.
>>
>>38921
i started vikings but i didn't like... get it... is it historically accurate? they made a woman an earl or whatever for gods sake
>>
>>38727
I'm studying here for a year, however I'd like to stay more, get a job and live the superior turkish lifestyle
>>38782
I'll check it then I was afraid it would be some kind of "españolada"
>>
>>39058
That's pretty awesome. Where are you staying? What city/school? Depending on where you live you can go out and see some of the nomadic people we still have in Turkey.
>>
>>37792
where can we watch this?
>>
>>39524
Iunno, primewire or some shit
There are like a billion sites to watch things for free
>>
>>39112
I'm in Istanbul, in Yeditepe university (which is a complete shit as uni)
that would be awesome, maybe you can recommend me some cool historical stuff to visit in the country; I have plenty of time for visiting the country
>>
>>39747
Oh I will but I can't now I have to go but remind me or ask again in a new thread here or /int/ and I'll try to answer. Take care!
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.