[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Chinese history so shitty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (649 KB, 1600x1081) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
649 KB, 1600x1081
I don't mean Chinese history as in the history of China, but history in China.

They take history so seriously in China, however you know almost every single fact from modern day Chinese historians is in some way affected by complete fabrications and presumptions. Everything they learn has to align politically with their political agenda. Even compared to Japan and Korea, at least academians have some basic sense of an independent, objective view of historical facts, on the other hand Chinese academics sponsored by the Chinese government completely come up with 100% politically biased information, which they use to brainwash 1.3 billion people to push forward the agendas of the CCP and aligning the entire region toward them.

For example, they consider the histories of non-ethnic Chinese minorities as Chinese even when Chinese history is supposed to be purely based on the Han Chinese people. They just use it to lump Tibetans, Uyghurs, Mongolians and Vietnamese as part of the Chinese.

Use your discretion and never trust Chinese historians or use Chinese sources
>>
History is shitty all across Asia, where ethnic nationalism rules emotion.
>>
>>361662

OP, why exactly are you surprised that an authoritarian ideologically based government would tell lies to its people in order to make itself or its people look better? Especially when it has a very firm grip on communications?
>>
>>361662
>on the other hand Chinese academics sponsored by the Chinese government completely come up with 100% politically biased information, which they use to brainwash 1.3 billion people to push forward the agendas of the CCP and aligning the entire region toward them.
Considering the fate that Chinese history suffered through 40-30 years ago, that's a fucking improvement lad.
>>
>>361662
The U.S. lies too.
>>
>Authoriatarian regime lies about their country's and people's history
You are some sort of genius OP.
>>
>>361662
Because they're communist fucking pricks who are incapable of having independent thought. They're all a bunch of brainwashed imbeciles who never question Big Brother. Absolutely hilarious how modern Chinese believe that Okinawa was once a part of China.
>>
>>361662
>For example, they consider the histories of non-ethnic Chinese minorities as Chinese even when Chinese history is supposed to be purely based on the Han Chinese people. They just use it to lump Tibetans, Uyghurs, Mongolians and Vietnamese as part of the Chinese.

This was a concept promoted by the Qing, minority ethnic rulers who ruled over a bunch of different ethnicities (zhonghuaminzu). It also doesn't help that when Han people were ruled by non-Han people (Mongols, Liao, Jin, Dali etc) they often sinicized themselves and adopted aspects of Han culture.

I mean it goes back to even the Tang Dynasty, where westwards expansion meant there were loads of turkics and uighurs and society was very cosmopolitan.

In the end, the question isn't so much who Chinese historians consider as Chinese as the peoples themselves. Outside of Tibet and a minority of uighurs most minorities consider themselves "chinese ______" (hui, miao etc)
>>
>>361808
It was a tributary under the Ming dynasty, so thats not entirely incorrect. I haven't seen anyone assert that Okinawa is still Chinese clay though.
>>
>>361832
>so thats not entirely incorrect

So what are you saying? Are you saying that Okinawa should be a part of Chinese history?
>>
>>361662
>hey consider the histories of non-ethnic Chinese minorities as Chinese
Well, for starters: the Non-Han Minorities considered themselves Chinese historically.

You had the Manchus calling their Empire "Dulungbai Ulus" (i.e. the Middle Kingdom = China) instead of Manchuland or something. During the Collapse of the Mongol Empire, the breakaway Mongol Khans founded a Chinese style dynasty and called themselves Emperor. Khublai Khan's "Temple Name" (i.e. the Name a Chinese Emperor takes upon accession), was Emperor Shizu of Yuan.
>>
>>361869
>>361816
And, y'know, 91% of China is ethnically Han so at the end of the day the opinions of ethnic minorities matter relatively little.
>>
>>361840
>>361832
not him but its not a unique thing to communist chinese to think that everyone that paid tribute to china is part of 'china'
during the days of empire the Emperor was Emperor of "All Under Heaven". All of it. If you paid tribute you're part of the Emperor's domain, which ended up including all those south east asian kingdoms and ryukyu and even japan and even europeans whom the Emperor deigned to interact with
>>
>>361879
>is part of china
was you mean.
>>
>>361662
>, on the other hand Chinese academics sponsored by the Chinese government

That's all you need to know. Chinese communism was Totalitarian.

Which present a fun modern setting because the Internet has basically killed Totalitarianism
>>
>>361662
It's the same in all third world countries. The desire for actual empirical history is a western thing, and not even something that everyone shares here. You can be sure as hell the governments do not.

Everywhere else, and for most people in the west (though more subtly) history is literally a tool for politics.
>>
>>361662
Gee, why do you think? What do you think would happen if all those minorities decided that they wanted their own independent country?
>>
>>361662
>Use your discretion and never trust Chinese historians or use Chinese sources
Use your discretion and never trust historians period.
There is a reason humanities are the scum of universities,your shit is not only useless but also unreliable and probably made up for political reasons.
>>
>>362203
Good post.
>>
>implying it is just the gommies fault

Read what Taiwanese historians write, its not just a PRC problem
>>
>>362203
>>362367
>implying the shit we do is comparable with totalitarian commie chinks

We're fucking saints compared to them.
>>
It's the same in Russia.
>>
>>361662
>they consider the histories of non-ethnic Chinese minorities as Chinese
Yes and American history includes Native Americans as part of American history? Should history ignore them?
>>
>>362203
>t. someone who never went to university and only believes what an imageboard full of unqualified anonymous posters tell him
>>
>>361808
>Absolutely hilarious how modern Chinese believe that Okinawa was once a part of China.

I don't think anyone believes that. The historical relation between the Ryukyu kingdoms (Okinawa) and China was that of a tributary state, although Okinawa also paid homage to the Shimazu of Satsuma in Japan. The Ryukyu's were officially incorporated into Japan in 1879. They were never part of China

There is another issue regarding the sovereignty of the Senkaku/Daiyou island groups. The Japanese have controlled them since the 19th century (during the American occupation). China claims that they are part of Chinese territory (Taiwan claims them to) while the Japanese claim they are part of Okinawa and thus part of Japan. China and Taiwan dispute that they are part of Okinawa, not that Okinawa is part of Japan
>>
>>362554
I'm in medschool you bitter loser.
>>
>>362570
So:
>Someone who makes comments about another major that he's not actually studying for

Should I comment about how all medschool are sham institutions because a bunch of guys on the internet said they're just trying to push the pill industry?
>>
>>362591
If it makes you feel better for majoring in flipping burgers and state propaganda.
>>
>>362570
Let's guess how long it takes for you to become a chronic smoker and alcoholic.
>>
>>362203
>>362570

Never trust is too harsh of a term. Sure, we can never really get a perfectly objective picture of what happened since sources can be insufficient, unreliable and we as interpreters are always the products of our own time. But some historians do their thing better than the rest, it all comes down to the use of primary sources in the end.
>>
File: shitposting face.png (23 KB, 248x179) Image search: [Google]
shitposting face.png
23 KB, 248x179
>>362604
I'm not really predisposed to addictive behavior I quitted cocaine cold turkey when I started liftin to avoid dying in a thailandese sauna at age 22 and it was easy.
>>
>>362608
>Sure, we can never really get a perfectly objective picture of what happened since sources can be insufficient, unreliable and we as interpreters are always the products of our own time. But some historians do their thing better than the rest, it all comes down to the use of primary sources in the end.

I think if you were a history major from any halfway-decent university you'd already know this.

What our medschool friend seemed to imply with his post here >>362203 was the hackneyed accusation thrown around by right-wingers on 4chan that the entire school of Humanities everywhere is solely to spread liberal propaganda.
>>
>>362619
cocaine addiction is nothing you pussy
>>
>>361662
>For example, they consider the histories of non-ethnic Chinese minorities as Chinese even when Chinese history is supposed to be purely based on the Han Chinese people. They just use it to lump Tibetans, Uyghurs, Mongolians and Vietnamese as part of the Chinese.
Every nationstate does this.

>inb4 China isn't a nationstate
They have inherited the western nationalist logic in the same way the Soviets did when they split up the non-nationalist empire into national federal republics. So it's not a non-nationstate, it's a multi-nationstate.
>>
>>362629
Compared to alcohol and cigs? m8 do you even dopamine charts?
>>
>>362619
>getting hooked on cocaine at all
>>
>>361662
>doesn't even speak or read chinese
>claims to know jack shit about chinese history
>>
>>361832
>>362569
Learn Chinese, search on Sina Weibo for "Ryukyu", and ask Chinese about what they think of Ryukyu. You'll be shocked by how many will assert Ryukyu is Chinese clay.

What's so disgustingly hypocritical is that they'll call for Ryukyu independence, while cursing anyone who dares to raise Tibetan or East Turkestan independence.
>>
>>361662
lmao chinese historians and chinaboos are a fucking laugh, they take so many liberties and make so many jumping conclusions it's fucking hilarious

Even better is when they use texts written +300 years later to the actual event and assume it'll be accurate. Probably the biggest kek you can get is when they use a source for ancient china but it's written in obvious modern chinese script.

I remember when I saw people claiming they invented the steam engine and had gunpowder weapons to rival Europe.
>>
File: so glorious xi jinping.jpg (34 KB, 480x267) Image search: [Google]
so glorious xi jinping.jpg
34 KB, 480x267
>>362856
>Implying every technological advance in human history can't be traced back to the glorious Middle Kingdom like a ball falling to the center of a gravitational potential
鬼佬 please go
白人 leave again
>>
>>362883
Word. These uncivilized brutes don't know just how glorious China is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_etl_qkelX0
>>
File: 1447030301254.jpg (24 KB, 236x203) Image search: [Google]
1447030301254.jpg
24 KB, 236x203
This is a Chink thread now if you aren't Han get the fuck out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdjT1TlwvUg
>>
>>362911
>>362911
desu that guy sucks at singing. Also, Mandarin is utter garbage for anything except peking opera. Utter garbage tier language for contemporary music.
>>
>>362762
>East Turkestan

If only the Qing had wiped out uighurs they wouldnt have this problem today. Should have learnt from America desu.
>>
>>362945
Your love for China is what makes it beautiful, friend.
>>
>>361662
Because that's an authoritarian pseudo-communist state that seeks nothing but to control the people, not the real china, pic related is the real China
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.