[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the rape of Nanking a meme or did it actually happen? I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: nanking meme.jpg (131 KB, 909x581) Image search: [Google]
nanking meme.jpg
131 KB, 909x581
Is the rape of Nanking a meme or did it actually happen?

I know they killed a few people but did the anime ancestors actually commit mass rape, in Nanking?
>>
>>360423
Nanking is especially horrible. And I wouldn't ever dare you to venture on the Wikipedia page dedicated to the event: the detail provided there may deeply shock you. That being said, we shouldn't trespass into that thought of "the rape of Nanking is representative of how Nips acted all throughout the war". They made their acts especially horrible to instill fear in the natives, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>Reminder that Japan isn't great

Weebs want to deny it, but that doesn't make it less true, just cause they invented anime doesn't mean they're blameless
>>
>>360423
>They made their acts especially horrible to instill fear in the natives, nothing more, nothing less

No, it was just a breakdown in discipline, something the Japanese were notorious for. Here's an example that rarely gets talked about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manila_massacre

It's worse than Nanking in some ways.
>>
Why is Wikipedia seen as a reliable source?
>>
>>360496
Fuck off to Reddit pussy. If you can't handle a little rape and pillage then get out
>>
>>361141

You shouldn't consider Wikipedia as a reliable source on its own but look at the citations given in a page.

Quite honestly, while you need to recognise its limitations Wikipedia is a great 'quick' internet reference tool, so long as you keep in mind what you are looking at and don't start considering youself an expert on something after reading the Wikipedia page.
>>
>>360423
Oh, look, it's another Japenese wae-crimes denial-denial thread! Crack out the soda!!!
>>
>>361178
hey edgelord :D
>>
>>360423

Asians are fucking animals man.
If you think European atrocities throughout history were bad, you always will be fascinated by the abillities of Asians to one-up the horrors of European degeneracy. They have a really terrible case of a hive mind and got freaky way easier than even the folks from the SS. One might think that Wehrmacht raping girls en-masse in Russia, burning villagers alive and organizing mass shootings was terrible. That shit is vanilla as fuck compared to all the twisted shit Japanese "soldiers" came up with in Nanking. What is funny is that nobody really cares now, although this shit bordered on descriptions of Chaos raids from 40k fiction.
>>
>>360496
>That being said, we shouldn't trespass into that thought of the rape of Nanking is representative of how Nips acted all throughout the war"
you're right, the bombings of Chongqing and Shanghai, Unit 731, the Bataan Death March, comfort women, and Korean slaves are all better at representing how Imperial Japan acted during ww2 :^)
>>
>>360525
>Filipino deaths

unimportant
>>
>>360423
It did happen. Even if you take the view that all chink history is propaganda there are plenty of other sources from Europeans who were in the city at the time (including their German allies) who were horrified at the stuff that was going on outside.

What makes it "different" from Nazi atrocities was that the Japanese army's atrocities wasn't so much the result of state directive and more the result of the army being filled with edgy douchebags that didn't bother to leash their angry and frustrated soldiers from looting and raping.
>>
>>360525
This. The Japanese military went full retard.
>>
>>360423
it happened. The only dispute (apart from really out there revisionists) is the numbers killed. The official Chinese number is 300k, while most historians place it between 40k-200k.

The short of it was that under supplied Japanese troops defeated the defending Chinese army, pursued it into the city and a massive breakdown of discipline ensured. The commander, Iwane Matsui, wasn't even present (he was sick with Malaria).

>>362087
>What is funny is that nobody really cares now,
Only in America. It still a big fucking deal in Asia. In fact there was a huge issue with it recently regarding historiography
>>
There was a reason everyone hated the Japs
>>
>>360525
Yep. The treatment of civilians by enlisted IJA arises out of the militarized nature of even civil society in Japan after the Meiji Restoration, and the especially brutal treatment of enlisted soldiers.

Add onto this the Japanese encountering for the first time significant guerilla warfare, including suicide bombers and suicide squads, and it paints a picture of why the Japs chimped out like they did.

It wasn't even only the IJA. Alot of testimony of how the Marines ended up treating Japs in the Pacific War goes to show how dehumanizing the entire theatre was.

>>362087
>Swedish Drink
It is absolutely amazing how humans can treat each other so terribly.
>>
>>362087
How does an edgy little millenial fuck like you know what it's like how badly people suffered back then, saying Europe suffered less than Asia? Go back to playing your Call of Duty you arrogant little prick
>>
>>363040

The fuck are you on about?
I know that Europeans are also not exactly angels, but no matter where in history I looked, Asians somehow were always able to come up with ridiculous stuff when it came to torture and execution. I did never make any estimations about who suffered more, I am just saying that those things happening back then were savage beyond any reasoning and should not go unnoticed.
What exactly does any of what I said have to do with your retarded statements. If all you can do is throw ad-hominem around, you should fuck off from this board honestly, fucking reddit trash.
>>
>>361141
Because referencing actually reliable sources is a dick move on the internet.
>>
>>362613
what's up edge lord :DDD
>>
Japanese soldiers burying Chinese civilians alive
>>
File: Balaclava_3_hole_black.jpg (3 MB, 3042x2028) Image search: [Google]
Balaclava_3_hole_black.jpg
3 MB, 3042x2028
>>360496
>Being scared of a wikipedia page
>his
>>
>scholarly consensus 40,000-300,000 dead
How can a serious historian just "miss" 260,000 people?
>>
>>364216
Well Japanese officials claim it was 10,000 max, China claims it was 300,000
>>
>>363889
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4a-oxOndo
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.