[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think that God was invented as a way of explaining the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
Do you think that God was invented as a way of explaining the subconscious and the subconscious actions of everyone around them?

Literally God is in your head.

If ideology really is a subconscious fantasy that structures reality, (which you can see evidence for), does that mean that the ideology of god has became a real force in the world but only if you believe in it?

Do you think that because christians worship god as a person, we have ended up worshiping celebrity's?

if you truly believe that you are your own god, will reality subjugate to fit in with your ideological fantasy?
>>
>if you truly believe that you are your own god, will reality subjugate to fit in with your ideological fantasy?
Yes, this is true with any narrative you want to believe. If I chose to explain the world by believing a monkey dropped a "good day pill" or a "bad day pill" in my mouth every day before I woke my reality will shift to appropriate this world view if I want to believe it enough.
>>
File: 1443357611038.png (498 KB, 1741x699) Image search: [Google]
1443357611038.png
498 KB, 1741x699
>>501425
no

here is the bombshell: reflexivity permits us to see that the belief in rationality, induction/generalization/categorization, imagination, intellect, reason does not lead us to the good life.

animals are the most rational beings, but they lack reflexivity since they fail to see that the faith in abstraction to reach knowledge/truth/objectivity/reality/universality is sterile since it brings only conventions which are, by definition, always fluctuating through, at least, time and space... rationality brings is a deception and a disappointment.

the point of reflexivity is to notice the failure of rationalism, to embrace empiricism that is to say, to stop fantasizing about a collective reality, but rather to stick to personal phenomena in analyzing them.
the point of reflexivity is to make us wonder what do we want.

Do you want to create norms, conventions in order to claim that you create norms and that these norms are truths that you try to impose on others, until some people will come to you and claim that their conventions are the truths and yours are lies ?
>>
>>501438

no one would believe in a monkey putting pills in their mouth

>>501425
God isn't in your head, he's outside of our primitive 3 dimensions and created the universe
>>
/jung/
>>
>>501425
>Literally God is in your head.
Guess, that thing is named soul.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (38 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
38 KB, 480x360
>>501438
If you did that no one else would believe that, if someone believed that a monkey dropped a good day pill someone else would ask for evidence. when evidence is unobtainable that's when people start to believe in stupid shit like conspiracy theories.

What do you think art is?
cause I think it is a metaphysical expression of your beliefs.

Nature is illogical, islamic art is logicalised nature.
God is order.

im not saying convert to islam
im saying believe in a god.
Yourself.
God was created to create order in the world. Wouldn't a better world be one where everyone believed in their own god?
Or at least cherry pick the best values from history?

Metaphysics can't be explained in language because you don't just think in language you see patterns and shapes. close your eyes and explain to me exactly what you see
>>
>>501461
yea i agree with you.
But i know what we want,
An embracing of logos and pathos.
Everyone has emotions, everyone has the capacity to think.
>>
>>501498
>Nature is illogical,
You are sick, go to medical officer
>islamic art is logicalised nature.
Mohammedanism is sick too, it do not have painting, music, sculpture, it should be changed or die as humiliation of an Allah.
>>
>>501513
Do you not think nature is random?
You are retarded

>>501513
Do you notice that Islamic extremists say Allahu Ackbar when they an hero on everyone?
GOD is great

You know fuck all about a lot things
>>
>>501425
Why worship yourself that seems vain
>>501470
Nice
>>
>>501533
You have to be a cunt or have a big ego to feel confident.
"Worshiping yourself" are the wrong words
Loving yourself are better. When you know what you can do. You can be smart enough to realise what you can't do and learn those things.

http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/when-i-stopped-hating-my-body-i-could-finally-see--3096
>>
You guys aren't even defining what "God" is.
>>
>>501545
Sure u have the free will to try and have lordship over material, finate, nature, and act as if God without attributes so as to exalt yourself as if you are of more importance than others because you call yourself god and have some spiritual insights to act in such a way
>>
>>501587
the first thing I said was god is the subconscious

Defined

>>501599
No it's not about being more important than other people, It's more about making the world a better place.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth
Read the Neitzche quote in the introduction

"the metaphysical faith on which our faith in science rests--that even we knowers of today, we godless anti-metaphysicians still take our fire too, from the flame lit by the thousand-year old faith, the Christian faith which was also Plato's faith, that God is Truth; that Truth is 'Divine'

Neitzche was a mopey cunt and so his worldview was mopey as well, he literally killed god with logic. I live in a literal paradise so im more positive with my intentions, hence why i'm posting on an anonymous imageboard instead of writing a book or something.
>>
>>501682
The christian god
>>
>>501682
>the first thing I said was god is the subconscious
Okay, then why do we need another word for the subconscious, just call it the dang subconscious
>>
>>501682
To be fair to Neitzche his intentions were very positive. Western culture was fucking up the world and so he got rid of the ethos in Aristotle's teaching, He replaced it with his own ideals, that of the ubermensch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHWbZmg2hzU
>>
>>501699
Cause it's better thinking of god as a force rather than a person
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.