[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could you have seriously been this patrician while surrounde
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1394273071861s.jpg (7 KB, 226x226) Image search: [Google]
1394273071861s.jpg
7 KB, 226x226
Could you have seriously been this patrician while surrounded by plebs, being filmed by cameras, and under pressure to recite from memory?

Admit it, no matter what you think of P Hitch, he did us proud in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHoAQW_DBI4
>>
>>359136
His major belief is, and always has been, his own self-importance.
>>
>>359136
He's not wrong, and consciousness of one's national cultural heritage beyond knowing when we last won the world cup is important, but the fact remains that children from working class family have had no respect or curiosity for these things imbued in them.

It is easier said than done.
>>
Morality man is one of the few worthwhile commentators we have left. I don't agree with him on everything but watching him stacked up against the smirking toddlers who've taken over is heartbreaking.
>>
>>359136
Based Peter Hitchens.

Are there any books I should read by him as an America?

Any good videos of him debating people?
>>
>UKIP

I thought this meme died a while ago.
>>
>>360132
>hitchen
>UKIP

u wot m8?
>>
>>360132
Peter Hitchens isn't a big fan of UKIP
>>
>>360136
>>360138
My fault, brits arr rook same.
>>
re: epic poetry by memory from boyhood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7q_vACVwq0
>>
>>360122
I'm biased since I'm an anti-legalizer, but The War we Never Fought was pretty good.

But, you say "as an American." The simple fact is that Peter never reached the fame Christopher did because he didn't come to America. He is extremely focused on Britain.
>>
>>359136
Man, that's one of the things that frustrates me the most, coming from middleschoolers, or STEM majors, or working class jackasses or any one really, that idea that cultural works are unimportant or silly and should just be removed from education already because they're just a waste of time. I really don't understand the utilitarian nightmare world they seem to wasn't to create, where everyone is merely a a practical component, where all that matters is working and building and designing, but in service of nothing other than its own smooth operation. What the fuck is the point of having a society if you don't want culture, or art, or beauty, or literature or philosophy, or anything not mechanical?
>>
>>360122
As a Canadian I have enjoyed all of his books but I follow British affairs closely. Abolition of Britain is good and a brief history of crime.
>>
>>360122
Google Peter Hitchens debates and there are alot of them depending on the subject matter.
>>
He seems to be pretty hit or miss most of the time but he was absolutely based in that clip.

Here in Australia we've had decades of hopeless cunts in our education system who have thoroughly removed any cultural instruction. It is now very common to hear young people everywhere say we don't have a culture, that Australia doesn't stand for anything, and we need to mass import people in order to gives ourselves a culture. It's utterly revolting.
>>
>>360122
He just recently had a lecture. Should be on YouTube
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.