[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vikings: >never won a worthy battle (danelaw is called danelaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
Vikings:

>never won a worthy battle (danelaw is called danelaw for a fucking reason, they were fucking Danes not Vikings.)
>got cukked by finns
>attacked Catholics
>had so called skill in trade but were never as rich as bill Gates or crassus
>>
>>358852
Why the spam faggot?
>>
>>358852
What crept up your arse this morning? Is this an attempt to troll Danes by claiming that they weren't Vikings?
>>
Viking was something you did, not something you were.
>>
File: good job.gif (46 KB, 408x410) Image search: [Google]
good job.gif
46 KB, 408x410
>>358852
>>
File: 1439581106086.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1439581106086.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>Danes aren't vikings
>>
>>358852
>never won a worthy battle

The normands where technicaly vikings so... Hastings.
>>
>>359103
>The normands where technicaly vikings so

They really werent
They were culturally French, so not viking
Viking is not a race, it's a culture
>>
>>359123
And now you'll tell me that the Yuan Dynasty weren't Mongols?
>>
>>358852
Why do you keep making these threads? Denied visa to Sweden?
>>
>>359103
they were called Normans not Normands

why vikingboos can't even fucking write? I always see you guys typing like complete retards
>>
>>359123
>it's a culture
nope
>>
>>359123
>Viking is not a race, it's a culture
7/10 bait, I actually replied.
>>
>>359123
>Viking is not a race, it's a culture
What the fuck, how can something like this be posted and still up on a /his/ board that's suppose to be moderated.
>>
>>359123
Norse is the culture
>>
>>359338
>>359349
>>359354
it's true viking wasn't a culture but it wasn't a race either it was an OCCUPATION not all Norsemen were vikings for fucks sake.
>>
>>359338
>>359349
>>359354
I bet current Scandis are vikings then
Being vikings was linked to culture, Normans werent vikings
>>
>>359498
The reason so many people responded to him wasn't because people think it's a race, it's because he basically said "Mongolia isn't next to Norway, but Sweden".
>>
File: yablewit.png (218 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
yablewit.png
218 KB, 500x374
>>358852
>Danes not Vikings
>>
>>359169
lol
>>
>>359359
Somali Vikings.
>>
>>358875
This. You were a scandinavian who "went viking"
>>
>>359730
speaking of somalis I wonder if they will be romanticized the same way the likes of Blackbeard are
>>
BUTTHURT BROWN SHITPOSTERS
>>
>>359903
prove him wrong then
>>
>>359926
The very first sentence he stated was that Danes weren't Vikings. Do you really have any doubt at all that Danes where Vikings?
>>
>>360092
of course not Danes were the most agressive and famous of them but the losing battles part is true
>>
>>358852
>Boatfags:
>>never won a worthy battle (danelaw is called danelaw for a fucking reason, they were fucking Danes not boatfags.)
>>got cukked by finns
>>attacked Catholics
>>had so called skill in trade but were never as rich as bill Gates or crassus
>>
>>360319
Boatfags should be their new /his/ name
>>
>>359123
Vikings were Scandinavians actually; you had Swedish ones, Danish ones, and so on.
>>
>>358852
>they were fucking danes not vikings
You're retarded, viking is not an ethnicity, it is a profession. Wait a sec, this is bait, right?
>>
>>360875
it's not even a profession, it's an occupation. there's no career or training, you just hop on a boat.
>>
>>358852
>m-m-muh catholifu
Shut the fuck up
>>
It's some white hating kike who wants to stir shit up among us and makes whites put sabotaged down.

Fuck off jew
>>
>>360929
exactly vikings converted to christianity because they were complete cvcks as well I don't know what OP whines about
>>
Vikings created Russia, one of the strongest powers in human history
>>
>>360946
and? British created USA but I don't see britishboos talking about how badass they were.
>>
>>360940
They're also the biggest social justice kucks and were quick to convert to that religion too. They remain the most fervent believers to the point that Sweden is absolutely destroyed politically and it can't be saved by anything other than civil war.
>>
>>359784
Doubt it. They're not white
>>
>>360168
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Maldon
>>
>>360960
Yes you do, they're very proud of their empire and accomplishments, and share a bond between their former colonies. Can't say the same for vikings but yours is a bad example.
>>
File: 1449189472832.jpg (363 KB, 1532x763) Image search: [Google]
1449189472832.jpg
363 KB, 1532x763
>>361047
wow one whole battle now take a look at this
and the guy still didn't listed the fact that they were defeated also by Moors, had Hedeby burnt down by Slavs, lost to Native Americans and even Inuits
>>
>>360916
Well, you'd figure they'd gain some prior know-how on sailing and fighting.
>>
>>360987
Exactly, no culture or even minor achievement behind them to romanticize.

Vikings appeal to that human savagery level to an extent, but you can look at them historically and there are interesting things to learn beyond that. Somalis... not so much. Their type of savagery is closer to pure animalistic savagery, there's nothing beyond it. No invention, no craftiness, no intelligence, etc. Nothing of interest, it's much harder for the civil to relate to.
>>
>>361066
Impressive butthurt
>>
>>361116
>listing facts
>butthurt butthurt xD
>/pol/tards are this idiotic
wow go back to listening to Amon Amarth and talking about how badass they were because of whole one battle they won
>>
>>361066
Someone's mad about being proved wrong. Did Sven, Nils and Jens take turns with your gf or something?
>>
>>361132
how was I proven wrong? You listed only one battle.
>>
>>361122
If you actually believe they only won a handful of pitched battles then you're legitimately retarded.

Also wow Hedeby burnt down? How dare they lose a settlement in a conflict? This surely tells a lot about them.

You're on the opposite spectrum of "vikings r awesum xd" You're the butthurt "they were shit shit!" instead, you're just as stupid as the people you claim to dislike.
>>
>>361210
name their major military feats and I mean their not Normans who were culturally french and genetically mixed when they conquered England then
>>
>>361166
Yea, and the OP said
> Never won a worthy battle
>>
>>361229
yes ''never'' is an exaggeration on his part but one battle is still not enough to save their image
>>
>>361239
Who cares about their image when OP got proved he's wrong.
>>
>>361228
An example

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Assandun

Also, you wont be able to create a realistic picture of what actually happened by just putting together a couple of Wikipedia articles. I understand your agenda and you being tired of the "super viking warrior" meme, but you're acting like a pathetic child desu
>>
>>358852
MUH BOATS

>This expression indicates a viking's confusion and lack of understanding. When confronted with something they can't understand or respond to, vikings mumble "muh boats" or "muh boats muthafucka." this is usually followed by sailing up rivers and pillagins monasteries
>>
R O M A
O L .I .M
M .I .L O
A M O R
>>
I remember reading some of the saga of Ragnarr Lothbrok and I can't get over how fucking stupid the main conflict of it starts.

>Be a prestigious king
>Have 2 sons from one wife, like 3 from another.
>Don't want to possibly have your lands taken from you one day by sons in a growing dickwaving contest of prestige, so you install a proxy ruler over your lands to guard against your own sons.
>2 sons from the first wife raise up hell trying to take the country, the ruler in stead crushes them and they are both killed despite reasonable offers to leave with their lives.
>The second wife in anger for some reason riles up her own sons to take vengeance for her stepsons against THE FUCKING GUY HER HUSBAND PUT IN PLACE TO BEGIN WITH.
>They raise a huge army and kill the poor son of a bitch. That's it. Basically nobody gives a fuck why any of this came to be.
>Their daddy ole Ragnarr swells with pride and feeling he can't be outdone now, decides to raid England with 2 fucking boats.
>Gets all his men basically slaughtered, captured, executed by Snakes.

WOW, WHAT AN EPIC.
>>
File: SHITPOSTINGPOLE.png (40 KB, 1551x191) Image search: [Google]
SHITPOSTINGPOLE.png
40 KB, 1551x191
>>
>>358852
>they were fucking Danes not Vikings

danes where vikings
vikings where not a society or culture or ethnicity
viking is literally the act of going raiding

>omfg vikings where such pussies all they did was raid shit and attack inferior foes
>im to stupid to realise viking is the act of raiding it self and not a form of society

also danes where the ones who went viking the most so your post is stupid thrice over

last but not least the word viking dosen literally mean to raid but it means to travle abrod in search of adventure and riches with the purpouse to bring those riches home i.e raiding
>>
>>359103
>normans where technically vikings
>>
>>361517
Gaius & Aulus
>>
Were shield maidens vikings?

Why didn't Christians have shield maidens?
>>
>>363456

Cause they could carry their own fucking shields.
>>
>>363461
Apparently not if they got viked all the time.
>>
File: ye olde what.jpg (64 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
ye olde what.jpg
64 KB, 636x358
>>361894
That ending tho
>>
>>363574
pretty sure snake is a metaphor for the eternal anglo
>>
>>360978
>fervent believers
Atheists are fervent believers now?
>>
>>360987
>>361096
ITT AMERICANS

Even as they're blood enemies I have to admit they're pretty impressive. It's pretty funny watching some useless neck beards from the most cowardly nation in history diss an awesome nation.
Come back when you've defeated five empires in half a milliimim.

>Animalistic

So were your beloved Vikings to the people they robbed
>>
>>363456
>shield maidens

women in norse society were forbidden from owning weapons and going on raids and it's true vikings took their wives with them when they colonized but that's it - they were simply their wives not fucking amazon like warriors
>>
Vikings were businessmen of their age.
>>
They are gay
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.