[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people like vikings? They fucking suck. >muh epicness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
File: MI+Viking+getty.jpg (63 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
MI+Viking+getty.jpg
63 KB, 650x488
Why do people like vikings? They fucking suck.

>muh epicness

fuck off to reddit you kek, they are part of the reason why catholicism was weakened
>>
>>358830
>they are part of the reason why catholicism was weakened

Good.
>>
I've seen dozens of threads like this, but they're always just circlejerks about how shitty the Vikings were, and nobody is ever interested in the actual answer to the question "why do people like Vikings".
>>
>>358872
because they're bluepillers who think attacking the church is cool? It's fucking obvious.
>>
>>358830
They're different, but no too different, drank and ate like pagans, and Norse mythology is kinda cool. That's really the entirety of it.
>>
>>358874
No, Vikings started being romanticised in the 19th century by English and German romantics and nationalists.
>>
>>358890
That's irrelevant? There's a reason why new athiests like vikings, it's because they think attacking the catholic church is cool.
>>
>>358892
thread/
>>
>muh
>reddit
>kek posting
Why are you doing this?
>>
>>358830
can we give these threads a rest?
>>
>>358830
/pol/ hates Vikings. Try to get a Vikings thread going and see what happens.

I think you anti-Vikings fags have gone too far desu.
>>
File: Canute.png (41 KB, 1295x801) Image search: [Google]
Canute.png
41 KB, 1295x801
>get BTFO in all your threads
>keep making new ones

Tell me, which Europeans first settled in Newfoundland? Which group of Scandinavian origin settled Normandy to fight off other Vikings for the Franks, then went on and conquered Sicily, England, and southern Italy? What was the Varangian guard made of? What of Cnut?

>inb4 these weren't "Vikings", they were just Norse
Of you're going to compare armies to light raiding parties, this is all bullshit.
>>
>>358955
OP probably ran away again
>>
>>358955
I never really cared about Vikings but from what i remember we were taught, they basically split Europe - Norweigians had west, meaning British Isles and Iceland, Danish had south - northern European coast, Normandy, Sicily and Swedes had east - Baltics, Russia

It always seemed like bullcrap they would have it split like that, is any truth in it?
>>
>>358987
That's a very oversimplified versversion what was the trend, yes. You need to follow individual groups at different times to get the real picture
>>
The Vikings were very capable traders and the extent to which they got around Europe is pretty admirable, they didn't go out of their way to trash Catholics I don't get why retards get so upset about this. Churches were wealthy places to loot, it makes sense.
>>
>>359010
When you think about it, it's funny how Catholic idolatry fucked them like that. Why do monks have so much gold?
>>
>>358830
So is it the same butthurt polack on /int/ that keeps making these threads or what? Because I've seen the same threads spammed and then posted as screencaps on /int/.
>>
>>359020
The church was medieval europe's only proper corporation.
>>
>>359010

It just goes to show that history isn't written by the winners, but by the losers who can hold a grudge long after the winners stop caring.
>>
>>358987
No, during the Viking age there was very little distinction between Scandinavians, they were simply Norse.

And the British isles definitely weren't subject to Norway given that the Viking lords in Ireland and Scotland were Norse-Gaels that were distinguishable from their mainland counterparts.
>>
>>359033
How absolutely heretical
>>
>>358830
Everyone on /his/ unanimously agrees the vikings were shit.

Preaching to the choir mate
>>
>>359054
This is untrue you mong.
>>
i know that you guys hate vikings, but what about the varangian guard ? (serious question)
>>
>>359058
>Hurrr they had more than Norsemen hurrr not actual Viking durrr
>>
>>359058
Norse are dope AF, and those that do not are known confessors to browsing Reddit. Varangian Guard were very cool, but they will ignore them you see.
>>
>>358955
I like how you ignored the fact that Franks kicked their asses
>>
>>358955
>rawr muh valhalla vikings were fierce warriors!
>a-actually they were just settlers

wow
>>
>>358830
>Why do people like vikings?
The sagas are excellent and if you haven't read the sagas shut the fuck up and post whatever other sources you're working off of
>>
>>360907
>sagas

too bad they got their ass handed to them by fucking Inuits in real life
>>
I think vikings are cool because I love Norse mythology and a lot of heavy metal bands glorify vikings
>>
WHOOO you're really on a roll, OP!
keep it up!
>>
Probably it's because of their looks. Longhaired, bearded savages with axes. Like a real-life dwarves?
>>
>>361063
dwarves are big-nosed greedy manlets
i.e. Jews, whom you christ-kucks worship
(hint: jesus was a jewwww)
>>
>>361049
Tbhonest mate I just make these threads and leave em

These suckers just eat it all up
>>
>>361063
>Like a real-life dwarves
Real life dwarfs have nothing to do with the Norse dvergar.
>>
>>361063
celts were pretty similar axes aside and they were even more edgy and hardcore the truth is it's scandinavians feeling they are special snowflakes because altough they contributed fucking nothing to human development they have blue eyes so hey it counts right? Also kids who took Vinland Saga and Amon Amarth too seriously.
>>
>>361036
you must be over 18 to post on this board
>>
How did they not contribute to human development? Oh how little you know of history.
>>
File: his mascot Grimes.jpg (321 KB, 635x450) Image search: [Google]
his mascot Grimes.jpg
321 KB, 635x450
My name is Grimes and I endorse viking culture. Anyone as proud of there pagan culture and racial heritage as someone like a berserker is good by me
t. Grimes
>>
>>361093
sorry Norway invented cheese slicer that's really a massive achievement
>>
When I wrote dwarves, I meant dwarves not dvergar.
>>
>>358872
This, there's fucking 4 threads on /his/ mostly made up of shitposting about vikings.

What the fuck is wrong with people.
>>
When you speak of Vikings, it's not only Norway you speak of. It's Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Finland and Russia. These people were taking really good care of their hygiene for example and many more.
>>
>>361100
berserkers didn't exist btw
>>
>>361126
>finland
>vikings

you sure know a lot about them let me guess they also wore horned helmets and every village raid involved heroic battles against ice giants?
>>
File: grimes tub of mayo.jpg (79 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
grimes tub of mayo.jpg
79 KB, 500x332
>>361133
You don't exist btw
>>
Have Viking threads become the new "What race were the ancient Egyptians" threads?
>>
Helmets with horns were worn only by the norse "priests" and that's not completely sure, as only one such helmet has been found and if I recall correctly, from Germany. Most probably the ritual helmet had only one horn.
>>
>>361110
>muh defenders of white race altough they didn't have a concept of race to begin with
>muh pagans altough they converted like bitches they are
>muh fierce warriors who lost against everyone

sorry we should praise them instead they really showed me how to live like a man when they avoided England for 40 years after suffering one defeat
>>
>>361142
name one battle those berserkers participated in I'm sure something like this would catch Saxons attention
>>
>>361159
Prove to me that you exist.
>>
>>361150
Horned helmets are some bronze age shit. Like the ancient Mediterranean invaders (Sea Peoples) used to wear it.
>>
>>361165
avoiding the question huh? so you don't have any legitimate source at all?
>>
Never heard of those. Care to share the source?
>>
>>361151
Stand back and read what you just said, You're so mad you're not even shitposting coherently.
>>
>>360887
and went,
>"wow, these guys are skilled enough that id give them vassalship to settle here and have them fight off their kin for me"
hardly a
>"wow these seaniggers sure suck at fighting, i should probably remove them since they suck"
>>
>>360904
where was this implied
>>
>>359037
The Romance of the Three Kingdoms comes to mind
>>
Anglos get out.
>>
File: Insult (7).jpg (114 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
Insult (7).jpg
114 KB, 500x345
>>358830
>tries to mock vikings
>post a fictional RPG character
How can someone be this stupid??
>>
Why are Vikings so shit?
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.