[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does a mensch become über?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: friedrich-w-nietzsche-granger.jpg (173 KB, 695x900) Image search: [Google]
friedrich-w-nietzsche-granger.jpg
173 KB, 695x900
How does a mensch become über?
>>
Defiant bump.
>>
by transcending his bestial nature
>>
Stoic bump.
>>
>>358699
You can't be one, you can only try.
>>
>>358699
Doing all kind of hard drugs.
>>
By realizing that suffering is a challenge to be overcome, and not something that should be prevented at all costs
>>
By producing his own system of valuation, aimed at celebrating the will of power
>>
How does a Mensch grow that moustache?
>>
File: beeurself.jpg (141 KB, 914x1091) Image search: [Google]
beeurself.jpg
141 KB, 914x1091
jus b urself :)
>>
>>358714
>>358722
You two don't seem to get it.

Have you ever read any books by Nietzsche?
Pretty much all of it screams "do what you will".
The whole point of Nietzsch is that the purpose (if you can even call it that) of your life is to realize your own freedom and be the madter of your own life.
The realization of your own free will is primarily that there are no absolute, divine laws (god is dead) and you can pretty much do whatever you want.
Nietzsche sees people who are willing to give up freedom for comfort as degenerates (last man) and strongly advises to always put your own freedom above anything else.
>>
>>361103
is this a copypasta
>>
>>361103
It's a little more nuinaced than 'do what you want'.
Any existentialist is going to say that a person has a huge, huge amount of freedom.
Even Kierkegaard who stresses the importance of Christianity is going to say that you need to embrace your radical freedom (he even stresses you can do things that are against biblical morality).

There's more to Nietzsche than just having the courage to be free.
>>
>>361177
Yes, of course. But existential freedom is what it boils down to. The more complex ideas probably require a background in philosophy, so if you had to explain Nietzsche in short to someone new to the topic, it would be this.

>>361113
Not yet anon. You're free to make it one though. My drunk rambling often make for nice copypasta.
>>
File: nietzsche today.jpg (47 KB, 464x528) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche today.jpg
47 KB, 464x528
>>358699
Nietzsche was logically inconsistent.

>"muh ubermensch!"
Okay Nietzsche, we can do that. Suppression of worldly desires and a goal to help mankind through charity and love, while also improving oneself can create ubermensch. These are all doctrines of Christianity

>"b-but Christianity won't let me do what I want when I want!!"
The ideal ubermensch would suppress hedonistic influences, in hopes of allowing the desire to help the world take over. As stated previously, Christianity encourages just that.

If everyone took a hedonistic path, we'd end up with the Last Man.
>>
Delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>361263
>not understanding Nietzsche
>thinking Nietzsche was a hedonist
>>
>>361263
>I have never read Nietzsche
>I know what Ubermench and Last Man mean from 4chan posts
>I'm going to pretend Nietzsche was really talking about Christianity

The Ubermench's love is not a Christian love. The teachings of the new testament represent the exact opposite of the Ubermench. Far from being charitable the Ubermench is capable of doing terrible things to complete his goals and he will have no guilt over it. He is not motivated by a slavish desire to 'help others'. His path is his own making and he may help or harm others along the way.
>>
>>361263

Way to go, christfag. You've only forgotten to call him a nazi and a nihilist. If you'd done that, you would have completely confirmed you've never read anything by him
>>
>>361336
I'm aware he's not a nihilist. Much of his thought was how to prevent nihilism.

My point is his view of ubermensch easily allows for hedonism to take root.
>>
>>361373
>My point is his view of ubermensch easily allows for hedonism to take root.

Yes, in your strawman version of his views
>>
Analogy by video games

-Ubermench:
Plays games on the highest difficulty, finding joy in challenge, meaning in defeat, and loving victory. Improves win or defeat. For VS games he will seek out the strongest opponent to fight, he sets his own destiny and seeks danger. Creates his own path through the game, letting his creativity and passions guide him into a type of play that is uniquely his own. Appreciates every aspect of the game: from the most complex mechanic interaction to the smallest graphical detail. Decides his taste in game by gathering information and developing a taste that is uniquely his own.

-Mench:
Plays games on the middle or default difficulty. He can only stand so much defeat before he loses spirit and only moderately enjoys victory. Drifts through the game half-conscious only improving himself in the most base ways. For VS games he will let the match-making decide for him, letting the game push him around like a current. Takes the most obvious path through the game, cautious of anything unfamiliar, playing in a way that is predictable and uninspired. Appreciates only the most base or blatant parts of the game, understanding only simple pleasures. Plays what is popular or talked about, becoming one of the herd.

-Undermech:
Plays games on the lowest difficulty, becomes insecure and full of resentment when defeated, see's victory as only a way to avoid defeat. Never improves in skill, but still demands that he never lose. For VS games he will smurf to fight weaker opponents, taking his frustration out them. Follows strategy guides or walkthroughs, letting others tell him how to play. Cannot handle making decisions on his own at all, when he does make decisions he is often self-destructive and ruins his own experience. Hates most of the game and is vocal about it. Plays anyway. Is intentionally contrary, holds grudges against gaming itself. Will get revenge against the games by playing 'the opposite', taste is based hate.
>>
>>361446
-Undermench:
Is fat, has a neckbeard, makes analogies to videogames, and either wears a fedora or browses /pol/
>>
File: 1448155284478.png (257 KB, 415x476) Image search: [Google]
1448155284478.png
257 KB, 415x476
>>361263
>will to power
>hedonism
>>
>>358699
A strong Will
And the means to pursue it without excuses
>>
>>361263

>Suppression of worldly desire

Fucking retarded detected
>>
>>358699
you go to https://get.uber.com/drive/
>>
>>361263
>Nietzsche shitposter hasn't actually read him
What a surprise.
>>
>>361263
100 tiers of KEK

>>361373
you're stupid
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.