[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rhodesia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: Rhodesia (7).jpg (161 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Rhodesia (7).jpg
161 KB, 1024x683
Why didn't South Africa give them more support?
>>
>>356746
Does it look like South Africa has a sign on their lawn that says dead nigger storage?
>>
File: Rhodesia (36).jpg (104 KB, 600x594) Image search: [Google]
Rhodesia (36).jpg
104 KB, 600x594
>>356753
But the South Africans out of anybody should have been able to understand the plight of the Rhodesians
Why did they abandon them?
>>
>>356746
South Africa did give them support, but didn't recognize them as a state because they wanted to maintain good ties with the UK.
>>
>>356753
This is the best answer possible.
>>
Because outside of some ass-blasted diaspora and a few /k/uckolds who fantasize about violently mowing down blacks, nobody gives a shit about Memedesia.
>>
File: image.jpg (281 KB, 1891x1261) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
281 KB, 1891x1261
>>356753
10/10
>>
>>356771
If you lived in central/southern Africa during the 70's, you'd probably care a lot about what kind of government your neighbor had. Just look at Rwanda and Burundi.
>>
File: Rhodesia (16).jpg (135 KB, 960x657) Image search: [Google]
Rhodesia (16).jpg
135 KB, 960x657
>>356766
They could have bonded together to create a utopia in Africa
>>
>>356753
was not prepared for this response kek
>>
>>356784
That would have worked until the commies propped up black rebel groups to the point of destabilizing the entire region. So, sure, for about 3 days.
>>
>>356804
wait a second...
that's exactly what happened
>>
>>356760
Too much of a hot potato. Zim did have 'secret' support, but SA couldn't afford to be a total pariah and do much more. SA had a lot more black Africans to pacify, and was THE regional power. Zim was just a side-show.
>>
My buddy knows an old SADF veteran and he said that the Rhodesian ex-patriots he served with were fucking terrifying.
>>
I like what happened with Rhodesia because of how well it symbolizes realpolitik.
The US would rather overthrow a friendly democratic goverment and put a friendly dictator in place than wait for the USSR to do it.
Just funny really.
>>
>>356746
Why would anybody give them support? They weren't the nicest country, and they were unliked by the big boys (USA and the UK).
>>
File: Rhodesia (42).jpg (127 KB, 736x930) Image search: [Google]
Rhodesia (42).jpg
127 KB, 736x930
>>357229
The Portuguese helped some until they were pushed out of Africa themselves
The South Africans did give some aid but not as much as they needed to
>>
>>356746
because they were Anglos and didn't go full Apartheid. Dutchies got butthurt.
>>
>>358251
Please explain the Jewish influence in the fall of the white majority government of Rhodesia using at least 3 full sentences.
>>
File: Rhodesia (23).jpg (267 KB, 649x453) Image search: [Google]
Rhodesia (23).jpg
267 KB, 649x453
>>358312
Different person but its actually quite the opposite

Israel was one of the nations that continued to sell arms to Rhodesia during the Bush War.
They also would later maintain ties with South Africa Apartheid government even when the rest of the Western World turned against them.
>>
>>357250
Why do certain groups on here idolise them so much? The guy in the pic looks like a total faggot.
>>
File: Kenya_1954.jpg (59 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
Kenya_1954.jpg
59 KB, 600x350
>>359023

They lived the pol dream of violently lording over niggers.
>>
File: Rhodesia (34).jpg (404 KB, 996x713) Image search: [Google]
Rhodesia (34).jpg
404 KB, 996x713
>>359023
Personally I just love a lost cause
For other people its often related to white supremacy or fantasies about being a mercenary in the Bush War
>>
>>359023

A small band of people standing against overwhelming odds is always going to garner sympathy from people.
It's important to remember that the Rhodesians were fighting to preserve the only home they'd ever known against enemies backed by the worlds "Evil Empire", an enemy that didn't flinch from committing small-scale atrocities (and still doesn't, honestly). They weren't slavering racists, for the most part.

There definitely are racists whose love for Rhodesia is based on "hurr durr shoot niggers" fantasies, though.

>total faggot.

The guy in the pic is a young man fighting a brutal war against impossible odds, you witless cunt. Try to stop being 13 at some point.
>>
>>356746
>short shorts everywhere
It seems so retarded considering malaria, leeches and all kinds of shit bushfighters would surely meet while roaming the wild areas. But surely it must have had a reason.
>>
>>356746
God damn these blokes had the creamiest white thighs
>>
>>359124
You try wearing jeans in sub equatorial Africa
>>
>>359124
>tfw you will never fight in a counter insurgency while dressed in all combat Anglo Chique
Short shorts are mandatory
>>
File: Rhodesia (10).jpg (71 KB, 600x604) Image search: [Google]
Rhodesia (10).jpg
71 KB, 600x604
>>359124
It gets hot in Africa
>>
>>356746

they tried, but it was unwinnable.

in the end SA was better off defending its own borders and keeping mugabe (and botswana) quiet through sheer economic leverage (rhodesia/zimbabwe ships everything through durban because durbs has a container port and maputo a shit) than spending millions and wasting scant manpower and material while strapped to rhodesia's corpse.

besides, rhodesia isn't that great. nothing beats the beaches of southern natal

t: port shepstone
>>
>>356746
Because even South Africa knew Rhodesia was living on borrowed time.
>>
>>356784
I wonder how utopian it would have been if the whites had had to do any of the hard, low-paid work.
>>
>>359558
>Implying they didn't
>>
>>359576

can you see a white woman being a maid for a black family, living in a shack adjoined to the back of the house, and having to cook for them? all for shit money?

can you see a white man living and threadbare hand-me-downs, working for a suburban black family as a garden boy, being grateful for mugs of tea and sandwiches but being paid just about enough money for bus fare and a meal?

i can't. that's why, if i were black, i'd support any old cunt who promised to free me from this sort of exploitation.

which is what happened.
>>
>>359367

love these kind of nostalgiapics set in Africa
>>
>>357250

that guy kind of looks like a friend of my folks called george.

george was a selous scout (an actual selous scout, rather than some faggy zimrod braggart). he's a nice old guy, as ex special forces guys tend to be.

he's dying of cancer now, living in a caravan in the midlands. poor old bastard.
>>
>>359597
Indeed.

I can understand why the white Rhodesians would want to hold on to the good thing they had going, but equally it's obvious why the blacks would want to majority rule.
>>
>>359634
Which they got with the Internal Settlement.
But sanctions were continued to force them to include Mugabe and Nkomo in the elections on the grounds that they were both guerrilla leaders, and when Mugabe won on his "vote for me or we'll start killing people again" platform he sent his North Korean trained forces to cleanse the Matabele people because they predominantly voted for Nkomo's party
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.