[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is it about persia that made it ahegemonic power for thousands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
what is it about persia that made it ahegemonic power for thousands of years
>>
>>356673
>hegemonic empire
>thousands of years
kek
>>
>>356678
it literally was though
>>
>>356678
Well Persia had been an Empire since the late 2nd millenium BC's Median Empire until the mid 1900s.
With the exception of during its time under the Greeks, Arabs, Mongols, Tamerlane, and if you wanna be technical a Turkish dynasty.
That's still ~2000 years as a territorial empire.
>>
ahegomonic empires are my favorite
>>
>>356678
Arsacid dynasty to Sassanid dynasty lasted just under 1000 years a global superpower besides Rome/Byzantine and China. If you ignore the small gap with Alexander's toppling of the Achaemeneid's, from the late 8th century to the late 7th century Iran has remained a super power for almost 1600 years.
>>
>>356735
>>356723
>>356709
That would be like saying the Greeks had an extremely long ahegemonic empire, because first they were Minoans, then Mycenaeans, then Greeks, then Byzantine.
>>
i mostly meant like the actual geographic location, not the dynasties
>>
>>356745
I don't know what "ahegemonic" empire means but the Minoans and Mceneans and Byzantines/Eastern Romans do not count.

Cyrus was a member and maternal grandson of the last great ruler of the Median Empire, the Achaemeneids are direct descendents and relatives of the Median royal family. The Arsacids are Parni, who are closely related to the Persians and the Sassanids are Persians themselves.

Your counter argument makes no sense.
>>
>>356673
It is a interesting question indeed.

I would assume its hegemonic power was the same result as that of the Chinese. Geography, Iran was always protected by mountainous, and to further protect its position it was forced to further expand beyond their mountain range.
It was also one of few civilized states surrounded by steppe nigger/sandniggers. Which would constantly harass them, they would need to expand to protect their economy and create buffer-zones. And when they got conquered by steppe niggers, they assimilated and became aryanboos.
>>
File: lions.webm (2 MB, 482x328) Image search: [Google]
lions.webm
2 MB, 482x328
>>356673
I've heard the theory that the Assyrian empire broke the people so fucking bad, that they were much more likely to accept other rulers and there were not many riots or revolts.

I mean, probably not, but its a nice idea that your mind can easily rationalize.
>>
>>356673
>ancient Assyria etc had been civilised for a very long time even prior to the great dynasties so the foundations were already there
>large amount of valuable commodities already present as well such as spices
>ports at the Mediterranean, Black, Red and Arabian sea
>Ancient persia was the highway of trade to the east, muh silk roads etc
>hard to conquer the heartlands
>>
We should get IDs for /his/
>>
>>358680
and flegs
>>
>>358685
>>358680
And fuck off to /pol/.
>>
>>358643
Watching this makes my heart bleed , anon Natural is so cruel
>>
>>358691
>>358685
We don't need flags, because it would turn to another /int/ or /pol/, but IDs would prevent the rise butthurt people here. That Iranian drops the quality here and becomes more annoying every time.
>>
>>358680
No, but what we do need is the ability to upload pdf files as images, just like how /tg/ have it. That way people can actually share sources they may have and everything doesn't result into linking to wikipedia.

Say I read something and want to discuss it or think people may find it interesting. It's only fair that I'll be able to provide the source material.

And the sticky even promotes using sources.
>>
>>358698
Yeah I feel the same.
>>
>>358643
I've been led to believe that it's the females who do the hunting, and those are all males, so what's going on there?
>>
>>358740
Reality isn't a dichotomy, sometimes the males hunt
>>
>>358740
>>358745
Those are rogue males, they were cubs until recently, and when they grew the alpha male kicked them out.
Now they will roam and do some growing up as a band of brothers, and the best of them will conquer some pride for his own.
>>
>>356723
>Greeks
Surely you mean Macedonians.
>>
>>358643
>that one dick lion that just takes out the calf
>>
>>358763
He is a man of fine tastes. Fresh and tinder, the best meat.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.