[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
America in WWI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 640x1442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 640x1442
So what can /his/ tell me about the U.S. Involvement in WWI

If the US didn't help take down Germany how would things be?

What if the British didn't intercept the Zimmerman letter, would Mexico help out Germany?
>>
>>356420
the more interesting question is if the zimmerman telegram was intercepted or manufactured, imo
>>
>>356420
Mexico wouldn't have helped out anyway. America outnumbered, outgunned, and out spent Mexico in every possible category, and the Mexican government knew it.
>>
anybody else thing the zimmerman telegram was a false flag type deal? why on earth when germany want to extened the war when they were getting their asses kicked?
>>
>>356595

I would hardly say they were getting their asses kicked at the time of the Zimmerman telegram. The war in the western front was a stalemate, and their eastern front campaigns were successful
>>
The war would have lasted longer. A few months to a year. Once mobile armor became widespread enough to break to the end.
Mexico would never think about attacking america. The government is corrupt, not stupid.
>>
>>356602
> January
> Germany getting their asses kicked
Germany had won the first phase of war, and stabilized Western/Italian fronts while making gains in Balkans and East. By no means were they losing until rapid succession of events in 1918,
>>
>>356639

That's exactly what I just pointed out...
>>
>>356609

I read a book called ''Dougboys'' from some guy called Gary Mead last year, it made the case that the Allies would've gotten wiped out without the US involvement. It did point out pretty well on how reliant they were on munitions and loans from the US, but the actual impact of the AEF still seems pretty hard to judge.
>>
>>356639
hmm

why did they lose then? :^)
>>
>>356649
Because they realized they'd be fucked if they had to deal with the inevitable Allied counter-offensive with America's backing, and bet on an all-or-nothing offensive to push France out of the war and destroy Britain's army. It didn't work, in part because of America joining up, and Germany was fucked.
>>
America's role in ww1 was a lot more financial and logistical than military.

The reason for us supremacy in the modern age can be directly traced to them making a fucking fortune off the war while Europe imploded on itself
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.