[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can someone be an Anarchist while eating meat as far as slaughterhouses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
How can someone be an Anarchist while eating meat as far as slaughterhouses are a huge form of opression and violence ?
How can you fight for freedom when you support this ?
>>
>>356273
One of the basic tenets of anarchism is that people aren't animals

That's why they shouldn't be oppressed
>>
>>356296
Why should people have the right to opress animals though?
What makes a man better than a horse?
>>
>>356296
Sounds like some kind of extended racism
>>
>>356306
holy shit i am laughing
>>
>>356309
Hmmm?
>>
>>356273
I want freedom for myself but I don't care whether or not literally everything is free. Freedom is pretty much a spook anyway, just one that I enjoy. I doubt any animal laments the loss of something for which it has no conception.
>>
>>356303
To a man, it is the fact that it is a fellow man. (And evolution)
>>
>>356303
Well, unless you're an anarcho-pacifist, the fact that animals are oppressors, and should be overthrown.
>>
>>356303
Because we're men and they're horses.

If you don't believe you are superior to every other form of life, you should kill yourself, because your continued existence is causing massive harm to other lifeforms.
>>
>>356273
Not everyone gets meat from slaughterhouses. Such as hunting your own food
>>
File: 1449292573281.png (796 KB, 720x2526) Image search: [Google]
1449292573281.png
796 KB, 720x2526
Veganism is the cancer of the radical left, they never shut the fuck up about retarded bullshit and don't understand nature. The real way to protect the environment is to look after whole ecosystems; the closer a farm is to being a microcosm of a functioning ecosystem, and the more food it can produce that isn't wasted, the more ethical it is, that's the end of that discussion. The logical conclusion to veganism would be forcing all animals to become herbivorous, making humans even moreso the rulers of the planet. Of course, the definition of the word anarchy is: NO RULERS. Veganism isn't just ineffectual, it isn't just lifestylist, practically useless and devoid of any kind of serious philosophical foundation, it's not anarchistic in the broadest sense of the word possible, because an anarchist conception of people's interaction with nature will logically tend towards sustainability and preserving ecosystems and the general functioning of the natural world, without it being subjected to the unjustified authority of a bunch of incompetent, useless hipsters whose entire line of reasoning points us to a future of tofu-eating lions. Vegans are also imperalist by nature because veganism isn't possible in a place like Mongolia or Greenland, and it's also not possible for most working-class people, make of that what you will for the place of veganism in the anarchist movement.
>>
>>356273
>what is anthropocentrism
Pretty sure you can be against the subjugation of men while being perfectly fine with the subjugation of animals. After all, the domination of non-human nature is the way human beings keepmthemselves alive. Anarchism is the rebellion against the overlap of this mode of subsistence onto human nature.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.