[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
What went right?
>>
Everything prewar.
>>
>>355972
The manned torpedoes.
>>
The hats.
>>
KEK NOBIS
>>
He was funny
That's pretty much it
>>
>>355972
His idea.
>>
>>355972
Basically this: >>356419
Pretty much his ascension to power and his first few years went flawlessly; then he started to feel like a colonial superpower and everything went slowly to shit.

>>356426
Mussolini had nothing to do with those. It was Tesei's genius and the legendary Decima MAS that made them work.

>>356513
He wasn't. He never intended to be funny.

>>357263
Obtain power and drive from there? Great idea that led to incredible results.
>>
>>357489
>Great idea that led to incredible results.
Elaborate
>>
>>357489
>He never intended to be funny.

I'm pretty sure no world leader ever sat down on their first day of entering politics and said to themselves: "My objective is to be as silly as possible so people will laugh at me." Doesn't make him any less hilarious.
>>
Well he was a grate piñata
>>
File: 1438137067030.jpg (39 KB, 341x341) Image search: [Google]
1438137067030.jpg
39 KB, 341x341
>>356419
Pretty much this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtTCHQCDlNU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaDsHpwEAO8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7lw30qKFLw

>mfw if he never had invaded Ethiopia he would have been remembered as a hero for his opposition of Hitler and Communist.
>>
File: 1416789908721.jpg (228 KB, 837x764) Image search: [Google]
1416789908721.jpg
228 KB, 837x764
>he couldn't conquer Greece
>>
File: FB_IMG_1448461321015.jpg (14 KB, 480x331) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448461321015.jpg
14 KB, 480x331
>>356419
>>355972
Despite the harsh competition he managed to be one of the most incompetent leaders Italy has ever had.

This /pol/-like praising of stronk leader is kinda depressing.
>>
>>355972
The alliance with Germany and later Japan.
>>
>>358583
COMVNISTA
>>
>>358583
"FB_IMG"
>>
File: 1418576799705.jpg (79 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1418576799705.jpg
79 KB, 800x533
>>358427
>Implying Italy didn't deserve its place in the sun
>>
>>357489
>He never intended to be funny.
True, but he meant to be over the top, almost caricaturial. He literally said that his posturing shouldn't be taken seriously.
>>
>>360042
Not at the cost of diplomatic isolation desu. He fucked that up, cozying up to Hitler was the last thing he wanted to do, but he was forced to it when his almost exclusively propaganda-motivated imperialism caused relations with the allies to sour.
>>
Is it true that the Italian economy was shit under Mussolini?
>>
>>355972
>got keked by Shitler
nothing
>>
>>360080
Relatively. Italian economy was trying to industrialize, yet was being undermined by widespread syndacalism of the destructive kind and a corrupt government. Mussolini did away with the commies and corruption (more or less) and put the country on the right path, but then Ethiopia happened, and Italy being resource poor he was forced to change his aim toward a more autarchic and agrarian economy, which was a failure. Also he chose to keep the Lira strong during the crisis, which has been generally considered quite harmful to the economy
>>
>>360090
desu the first time Hitler tried Anschluss Mussolini keked him out of it
>>
>>360066
Fair enough, but I really don't get France and Great Britain's attitude towards the invasion. Literally "It's only ok when we do it".
>>
I think the worst part about Mussolini was that he was Italian. He tried to Industrialize a nation that had pretty much no resources.
>>
>>360119
>I really don't get France and Great Britain's attitude towards the invasion
They gave no shits initially, then Hailè gave his speech and the press whipped public opinion into a frenzy of feels. Look up the Hoare Laval proposal, the allies were willing to let Benny have a big piece of the pie, only it had to be retired before Mussolini decided.
>>
>>360119
Its because it underminded the authority of the league of nations.

But it did have the stink of "Do as I say, not as I do."
>>
>>360124
>He tried to Industrialize a nation that had pretty much no resources.
And this is a problem how? Italy is the second most heavily industrialized country in Europe after Germany, and it's not like immense iron and oil deposits have been found since fascism.
If anything the mistake was trying to industrialize but then making enemies of the two countries controlling the trade of like 90% of resources you need.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.