[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's answer this from a catholic perspective. Did God
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1426241641103.jpg (36 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
1426241641103.jpg
36 KB, 607x608
Let's answer this from a catholic perspective.

Did God create intelligent aliens in his image? Do those aliens have a space Jesus? Is Space Jesus the same as ours or will he return at a different time?
>>
If they thought deeply about the what-ifs then they probably aren't still Catholic. Just saying.
>>
Maybe. Yes if the aliens have original sin. The Church is universal so Jesus returns at the same time for everyone
>>
>>355981
What am I not supposed to question my faith?
>>
>>355959

yeah. and those space alien ate a cursed apple so god could send his son that is also himself by making a virgin pregnant. i think its somewhere in Romans. There's a lot of weird shit in there.
>>
>>355959
Did aliens even commit original sin?
>>
no he didn't

/thread
>>
>>356073
>>355982
What even is original sin? The ability to procreate and thus live forever through descents?
>>
>>356113
It's the sin of being a human.
>>
>>355981

What kind of absolutely ridiculous claim is this?

Father Georges Lemaitre, Father George Coyne, Brother Guy Consalmagno, Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, Friar Gregor Mendel, etc. etc. sure are a bunch of guys that don't think deeply about 'what-ifs'.

I'm sure the folks at the Vatican Observatory ( http://www.vaticanobservatory.va/content/specolavaticana.html ) and the Pontifical Academy of Sciences ( http://www.casinapioiv.va/content/accademia/en.html ) don’t spend a lot of time thinking about 'what ifs' right?

And though he isn't Catholic how about Pastor Dr. Robert Bakker, one of the most important palaeontologists of modern times?
I mean, coming up with the Big Bang theory sure doesn't take a lot of 'what if' type thinking, right?
>>
>>355992
Catholic doctrine is retarded F A M
>>
>>356205

To clarify, the last two lines of that seem to be related but aren't. The Big Bang theory was postulated by Father Georges Lemaitre, not Dr. Bob Bakker.
>>
>>356113
>What even is original sin?
Disobeying god by eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
>>
File: tielhard.jpg (116 KB, 467x559) Image search: [Google]
tielhard.jpg
116 KB, 467x559
>>356205

Based Teilhard
>>
>>356210
>>356203
>>356113

Good thing we are Catholics and don't have to rely on just pulling stuff out of our ass and changing things as we go along and 'interpret things' to make us feel better and fit our narrative. So, here are Catechism entries about original sin:

388 With the progress of Revelation, the reality of sin is also illuminated. Although to some extent the People of God in the Old Testament had tried to understand the pathos of the human condition in the light of the history of the fall narrated in Genesis, they could not grasp this story's ultimate meaning, which is revealed only in the light of the death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.261 We must know Christ as the source of grace in order to know Adam as the source of sin. The Spirit-Paraclete, sent by the risen Christ, came to "convict the world concerning sin",262 by revealing him who is its Redeemer.

389 The doctrine of original sin is, so to speak, the "reverse side" of the Good News that Jesus is the Savior of all men, that all need salvation and that salvation is offered to all through Christ. The Church, which has the mind of Christ,263 knows very well that we cannot tamper with the revelation of original sin without undermining the mystery of Christ.
>>
>>356220
Yeah I've been reading the CCC but I haven't found a satisfactory answer. Why did we eat the fruit if God told us not to? Was the sin eating the fruit, disobeying God, or wanting to be like him?

I understand the story is allegorical, but I'm having trouble understanding it's implications.
>>
>>356220
Wtf am I reading
>>
>>356256

The Catechism of the Catholic Church, here is more on the same subject:

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p7.htm
>>
>>356073
My interpretation is that awareness is the original sin. Dogs and cats can't sin because they don't know God. Humans can sin because they know its wrong. That knowledge of what is good and what is evil is what makes evil acts sins.
>>
>>356254
>Why did we eat the fruit if God told us not to?
Irrelevant
>was the sin eating the fruit, disobeying God, or wanting to be like him?
Disobeying God is per definition sin.
Wanting to be like him is one of the precepts of Christianity.
Though that depends on how you interpret "be like him"
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.