[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Western culture is moving away from ideals of free thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1449256194700.png (490 KB, 656x816) Image search: [Google]
1449256194700.png
490 KB, 656x816
Is Western culture is moving away from ideals of free thought and individuality and towards a Soviet style "intelligentsia" class?
>>
>>355664
>>>/pol/
>>
Sweden is a failed social experiment that will be consigned to the dustbin of history within 20 years
>>
>>355664

Shouldnt this be post in /pol/?
>>
>>355666
>>355673
I hate /pol/ and I think this is a valid discussion topic.
>>
File: run the fuck away.gif (1 MB, 315x205) Image search: [Google]
run the fuck away.gif
1 MB, 315x205
Stop

Nobody reply to this thread

Fucking please

Don't bring this shit to this board

I'm begging you
>>
>>355666
>>355673
Well, I'd delete it since you lads don't want it, but apparently you're not allowed to do that on this board. So I'll let Janny sort it out.

I'm not trying to troll anyone, but /his/ seems the ideal place for discussion of education policy.
>>
>>355664
To give you an honest reply, I believe yes. We experience a long-term deconstruction of value systems called anomy. All major ideological narratives of the past are being deconstructed (nationality, patriotism, christianity, democracy etc) but all the values that stem from them are still intact. However, the foundation is shaking and people start to question the validity of these ideas.

The most troubling thing is the concept of 'hate speech' imo, as it puts personal feelings above freedom of speech. I'd be glad if people could call me names on the street and I could talk back. That's the natural state. You got told? Grow up. You insulted someone? Have a chuckle. But right now you can go to prison for saying certain words. Soon all political and ideological critique will be suppressed, mark my words.
>>
>>355710
>>355678
It should go to pol because its modern politics, not because im offended.
>>
>contemporary politics
isn't there supposed to be a board for this?
>>
This should stay, I think.

Take a look at this:

>“My own definition of a feminist is a man or a woman who says, ‘Yes, there’s a problem with gender as it is today and we must fix it, we must do better,’” writes Adichie in the essay. “All of us, women and men, must do better.”

Do you think that this person wants to start a debate?
>>
I think this is not so much about politics, but by the way people are handling debates and how they think.

Those people seem to be sure that what they already know is true and have zero willingness to consider the alternate hypothesis.

If you disagree with their "theory", you are simply labeled a racist. There is no debate on the arguments, there are debates on who is making the arguments.
>>
>>355666
This

You probably weren't even born when the USSR was still a thing. It's time to drop the McCarthyist rhetoric and find a new boogeyman.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.