[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could he and his pals have stood a chance?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Claus_von_Stauffenberg.jpg (35 KB, 284x423) Image search: [Google]
Claus_von_Stauffenberg.jpg
35 KB, 284x423
Could he and his pals have stood a chance?
>>
>>353967
Yes
>>
>>353967
>his pals
The Scientology mob? They aren't really as powerful as is made out.
>>
>>353979
lel
But they really do look alike. It's eerie.
>>
>>353967

EVIDENTLY.
>>
C4 Can't Melt Oak Tables
>>
We're talking about Valkyrie, right?
>>
>>354121
Ja
>>
>>354125
Lmao, was the movie at all realistic? I watched it for the first time last night.
>>
>>354138
It is, surprisingly. They just cut a few characters and skipped over some biographical parts, but basically it's true to what happened IRL. Tom Cruise apparently had a huge boner for Stauffenberg since they resemble each other so much so he was very involved with the writing and production, read a bunch of books, consulted with experts, etc.

The only thing I feel the movie was lacking in historically-wise was Stauffenberg's more mystical and poetic side, his love for ancient Germanic myths, his association with expressionist poets, all that stuff. It really gives him a very interesting and complex touch which the movie left out entirely.
>>
>>354150
That would be cool. Thanks anon.
>>
>>354150
I was surprised that there was no mention of Rommel, considering the legend that he is today.
>>
>>354287
Because Rommel had nothing to do with the attempt. He merely associated with conspirators.
>>
>>353967
Yes.
Unfortunately Hitler was the most magically unkillable person ever to walk this goddamned earth.
>>
>>355352

Would a less extreme version of nazism have survived (long term) Hitler's death early in the war?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.