[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think if Holocaust never happened (fuck off /pol/) Hitler
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Do you think if Holocaust never happened (fuck off /pol/) Hitler would be remember as yet another conqueror instead of a monster? In fact I think if he just worked people to death and shoot them like Stalin did and didn't say anything about master race and subhumans he could get away with it Stalin did kill a lot of jews he just wasn't openly antisemitic and guess what? A lot of people completly forgot about it.
>>
Probably not "yet another" conqueror but in the same mould as Stalin - a monster very often, but with a lot of room for "maneuver" in his portrayal and description.
>>
>>353898

Even without the holocaust the Nazis were still a scourge. They brought war to Europe, unlike Stalin. They killed people based on race (yes, not just the Jews), unlike Stalin (admittably, the the mass deportations had ethnic motivations and some say Stalin killed based on class, which is quite horrible as well).

So in short, the Nazi Emprie would be remembered like the Chinese remember Japan. Not just another conqueror.
>>
yes, Germany was fucked until hitler showed up, if he had done nothing but take revenge on the countries who wronged Germany, he would have been remembered like a good guy
>>
>>353912
What countries would that be.
>>
>>353898

It's a good question, but the answer is more historiographical than historical. Hitler is a very recent monster. In a few centuries, he will be just another conqueror. The reason we don't demonize Stalin as much is because we had to come to terms and cooperate with that regime to some extent, while the Nazis were wiped out so quickly and thoroughly that we can pretty much say whatever we want about them to a chorus of nodding heads. In fact, if the Nazi regime survived somehow, we wouldn't be so quick to demonize them, holocaust or otherwise.
>>
>>353912
>Germany was fucked until hitler showed up
?? German economy was slowly recovering - within its means, not by untenable military spending Hitler and co. instituted - the public works program was already underway since it was a pre-Nazi development, reparations were cancelled, that does not strike me as being particularly fucked up.
>>
>>353918

Not that guy, but are you actually arguing that the German economy wasn't in shambles in the early 30's?
>>
File: this is your home now.jpg (148 KB, 1240x786) Image search: [Google]
this is your home now.jpg
148 KB, 1240x786
>>353926
>>>/out/
And stop typing like a faggot.
>>
File: 1375004869352.jpg (292 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1375004869352.jpg
292 KB, 800x1200
>>353940
>I can't deny, or refute his responses, so I better ridicule him.
>>
>>353926
Thanks for the giggle mate.
>>
>>353955
>I don't have time to type and post each proofs against him which can be easily found with a quick google search so I better leave that faggot alone.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.