[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If there were 2 entities that were conceived at the exact sa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: stff.jpg (12 KB, 422x202) Image search: [Google]
stff.jpg
12 KB, 422x202
If there were 2 entities that were conceived at the exact same time who are essentially copies of each other and behave the exact same, like whenever one moves the other does the exact same movement and suffer from the exact same the other does like if it takes a punch they both fall at the exact same time and both bodies have the exact same reaction or if it received an stab the other one would be cut in the exact same place and all that

Could it be considered one single entity existing in two places at the exact same time?

Video kinda related

https://youtu.be/1nHKVOmpnew?t=126
>>
Be honest OP, how high are you right now?
>>
>>353342
>entity
Yeah, there's your metaphysical problem. Sounds like you've imported enlightenment bourgeois ideology as your ontology.
>>
they're not the same entity unless they have a shared common part directly linking both

what you are talking about is not a part. They are connected by an indirect common part instead

however as your condition is hypothetical and thereby potentially erroneous, I'd speculate that if such a condition were so there almost certainly would be a shared connection validating them as an entity
>>
>>353353
It can happen in a video game/computer software at certain level

Would it still be only metaphysical ?
>>
>>353361
What happens when I press a button and the exact same thing happens in two places at the same time?
>>
>>353342
But they don't share all the same properties: namely, they differ in their location.
>>
>>353389
Isnt the location something external to them?
>>
>>353361
>what you are talking about is not a part. They are connected by an indirect common part instead
but then they are one entity and if they are 2 entities the indirect part would also cease to exist if either which behave in the exact same way ceased to exist
>>
>>353398
I assume by external you mean that it requires relation to other things outside the self in order to be defined. How is this not different from most physical properties?
>>
>>353413
also if they are part of one entity they would still be producing the exact same effect in two different places at the same time
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.