[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would happen if the British won the Revolutionary war?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
What would happen if the British won the Revolutionary war?
>>
>>353046
-Slavery ends 34 years earlier
-America likely divided into smaller dominions
-Mexican Empire still exists
-Russia has more expansion into North America
-Possible independent Native American states
for Americans though, very little, we'd have the exact same freedoms we got.
>>
I don't see any circumstance in which they would have won.

Eventually they were going to lose the colonies even if they destroyed Washington's army and hanged him as a traitor. Someone else would have led the charge a few years later.
>>
>>353076
Not really, If the British destroyed the continental army and the Continental congress, there woudl be no leadership for the Americans and more importantly, no one paying soldiers to fight.
>>
>>353073
>Russia has more expansion into North America
Wouldn't it be the opposite? Since the whole point Russia sold Alaska to the US is because they dislike Britain and wanted to dump Alaska to a friend before Britain took it. Also Britain wouldn't have had to share Oregon territory and it would have been solely theirs, completely cutting off Alaska from the east and south by British territory, or maybe even French territory because Napoleon would have never sold Louisiana. Or maybe even Mexico would have had the territory, but regardless Alaska would be choked off and Russia would just abandon it after the fur was all gone.
>>
>>353084
Britain went bankrupt like 15 years later, they would have given it up sooner rather than later.
>>
>>353046
let's see assuming America was given equal representation, probably not much. Because America would have become the heart of British Empire anyway as it is today.
>>
>>353094
>tfw no Ruso-Mexican War over the Oregon Territory

Oh what could have been
>>
File: 1401640917309.jpg (77 KB, 471x487) Image search: [Google]
1401640917309.jpg
77 KB, 471x487
>>353135
>two shitty, anemic countries fighting over some farmland
>Britain next door like
>>
>>353073
I want to live in this world. Do you think France would have kept her colonies?
>>
>>353073
>Basically the end of the world
>>
America just becomes a bigger Canada
>>
>>353046
Basically nothing, the area of North America would still dominant post war wars due to massive natural resoruces and distance from battle.
>>
>>353126
I am now picturing America as the Eastern Roman Empire after Constantine's consolidation of power
>>
>>353113
>Britain went bankrupt like 15 years later
because of the long, costly war against most other European powers. If the revolution had been nipped in the bud there'd be no economic crisis.
>>
>>353046
I suspect that the colonists would have had another go a few years down the line. The sentiment for independence doesn't just evaporate because of losing one war.

Perhaps it would have eventually resulted in a smaller America, but I reckon it would still have come to pass in some form.
>>
>>356249
>I suspect that the colonists would have had another go a few years down the line.
i was thinking this too. see France in the mid 19th century. if one revolution fails, just wait a few years and throw another. once the idea of liberty is sewn into the heads of a majority population it becomes impossible to get rid off. it ultimately hurt the British monarchy less to get rid of them.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.