[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well /his/? What's the answer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1449189472832.jpg (363 KB, 1532x763) Image search: [Google]
1449189472832.jpg
363 KB, 1532x763
Well /his/? What's the answer?
>>
>>351448

The fact that the Vikings did hit and run attacks on comparatively soft targets is a well-known fact.
>>
>>351459
I wish. Plenty of people believe they were good fighters and when confronted with facts result to throwing insults or ''but they were cool'' and I saw the fucking ''cool'' argument so many times it's pretty much scandishits and stormfags equivalent of ''glorious nippon steel''

also

>losing all the time
>cool
>scandifags unironically believe this
>>
>>351448

>Pirate gangs lose to real armies
>People are surprised
>>
File: Alfred-the-Great-statue-014.jpg (477 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
Alfred-the-Great-statue-014.jpg
477 KB, 2560x1536
>tfw this thread
>>
>>351490
The extent of their exploration was 'cool'

Not Polynesian tier, but still

Not even a scandifag
>>
>>351448
The answer is that you should take the hint when everyone ignores you in another thread and go back to >>>/pol/
>>
File: Barbarossa_Hayreddin_Pasha.jpg (298 KB, 650x853) Image search: [Google]
Barbarossa_Hayreddin_Pasha.jpg
298 KB, 650x853
>>351508
This guy was a pirate and he fucked with the navy later becoming an admiral himself it's just Scandinavians being failures since always
>>
I could pull a list of defeats for any long-running group, and craft an argument that they were bad.

I get that this is just to b8 the /pol/ niggers, but this is /his/ guys. We should be more comprehensive in our understanding of history, and that's recognizing that the Norse achieved a lot of cool things.

Also, there's basically already a thread for this, but maybe this is here since y'all aren't as successful there.
http://boards.4chan.org/his/thread/349137/not-even-soldiers-just-pirates#bottom
>>
Is this the same guy who gets super butthurt about pagans and can't even articulate a response to criticisms beyond

>chopped your tree down lol
>bagans
>claims of larping
>>
this is fucking /his/ not Shadow /pol/, take your anti-historical retardation elsewhere.
>>
The Vikings didn't attack castles because castles need seige equipment to be countered hauling that stuff around in boats is a pain.

In general the medievil times were a point where the high priority targets had huge advanctages. A castle is very easy to defend but hard to invade. From this perspective going after towns and monasteries makes sense. From what I heard the Vikings were so effective at plunder that they are the entire reason castles become such a staple.

The Vikings, being nomads could not use the OP-castle defense as they didn't really settle down very often.
>>
>>351490
its not our faults that you rely on pop culture memes to understand history senpai. read more
>>
>>351648
Well he was essentially the Ottoman navy so hardly a mere "pirate" in that sense
>>
>>352778
He was a pirate at first, he became an Ottoman admiral because he proved himself to be capable.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.