[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to be Catholic, but I also don't want to believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Pope_Francis_2013.jpg (58 KB, 566x671) Image search: [Google]
Pope_Francis_2013.jpg
58 KB, 566x671
I want to be Catholic, but I also don't want to believe in free will. Is it possible to reconcile these two things, or do I have to be a Calvinist?
>>
>year of our Lord 2015
>being a Papist
Shiggy
>>
File: 1443940758152.jpg (532 KB, 469x5000) Image search: [Google]
1443940758152.jpg
532 KB, 469x5000
>>351101
As long as you love Jesus and know God in Spirit and devote time to being His friend and serving Him and other pepple by being selfless and kind, it shouldn't matter what type of Christian you want to label yourself as.
>>
File: disgusted old meme man.jpg (219 KB, 1908x1073) Image search: [Google]
disgusted old meme man.jpg
219 KB, 1908x1073
>>351101
>I also don't want to believe in free will

Are you muslim? You gotta get killed if you changed religion.
>>
>>351136
Muslims believe in free will.
>>
>>351136

I was raised Catholic, went through Confirmation and am technically still Catholic even though I never go to church anymore outside of Christmas (hence wanting to be a "real" Catholic).
>>
>>351142
No, predestination is one of the central beliefs of Islam along with things like monotheism or believing in the prophets.

No free will with predestination.
>>
You can't reconcile them. Man's sins would be God's fault if he made man sin, and love would not be love if man didn't have the option to not love God.
>>
>>351101
Deny your free will like the Benedictines do.
>>
>>351101
Join a eastern or Western rights group that follows the antifreewill thing but is under the Pope
>>
File: RRHL2Oc.png (108 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
RRHL2Oc.png
108 KB, 500x667
>>351101
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occasionalism
>>
>>351270
>Evil Exists
Right there's yer problem m8.
>>
File: thomas-muntzer.jpg (51 KB, 444x600) Image search: [Google]
thomas-muntzer.jpg
51 KB, 444x600
>>351126
Martin you're a hypocrite
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.