[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discounting the USA, which New World countries have the most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: the_americas.jpg (580 KB, 970x1460) Image search: [Google]
the_americas.jpg
580 KB, 970x1460
Discounting the USA, which New World countries have the most interesting histories?
>>
Texas
>>
chile and texas
>>
File: tepantitla_center.jpg (88 KB, 320x468) Image search: [Google]
tepantitla_center.jpg
88 KB, 320x468
Mexico.
>>
>>350996
CSA
>>
>>351018
this

All true Americans are mexiboos.
>>
Nicaragua and Brazil get my vote. They're all really interesting though.
>>
>>350996

A lot of Latin American history is really neat, Canada is the only lame country.
>>
Costa Rica. You could argue is not interesting but at least is singular with little relations with their neighbours, specially the northern ones.
>>
>>351028
>met Vikings
>fought Vikings
>woodsmen
>war of 1812
>heroic efforts in wwi, one of the best dominion armies of the British empire
>heroic efforts in wwii
>joint task force 2

Bretty kool to be honest.
>>
>>351056

Canadians don't get to claim the accomplishments of the people they conquered and genocided

Sorry, buddy.
>>
>>351056
I live in Canada, I went through Canadian history classes

It is as boring as a dry carrot
>>
>>351056
the only notable things we've done is be cannon fodder for the british empire.
>>
>>350996
Mexico.
Anything North is too vanilla, anything south is too much of a shithole.
>>
>>350996
>United States
>Central America
>>
>Mexico
Meme history tier
I liked a lot the history of United provinces (Argentina) and how San Martin expanded independence through the continent, Rosas was extremely smart and his period is by far the best. Brazil history is my favorite though
>>
File: Coat of arms.png (171 KB, 440x593) Image search: [Google]
Coat of arms.png
171 KB, 440x593
SA STRONK
>>
>>351028
Yes by virtue of being stable and well governed. Latin America is exciting because it was mismanaged and full of dictatorships.
>>
>>350996
Mexico is great from the start to the end.
Central America is kind of boring until the XX century
The Caribbean is initially great, until the European power discover that the main continent is where the riches await. Then it is boring until the Spanish-American war, then it is boring again until Castro shit ups Cuba.
South America is it all great until the XX century.
Canada... is Canada
>>
File: fixed3.png (177 KB, 456x600) Image search: [Google]
fixed3.png
177 KB, 456x600
>>351967
>>
Brazil, Mexico and Peru if you count the Incas.
Argentina is pretty interesting too.
>>
>>351067
You know that people still study native history even if they are not descendants right? Like how italians study Rome or italians study native brazilians (because brazilians are just nigger italians with a spanish mother) or how australians study.. Actually they don't since aboriginals don't have any.
:^)
>>
Haiti's independence is neat
>>
>Alaska
>Central

u wot
>>
>>350996
>Mexico
>Hueland
>Haiti
>Cuba
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.