[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain Anarchism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 20
Explain Anarchism?
>>
Its and ideology Created by edgy neck beards in the 1800s, Now followed by even edgier teenagers
>>
"Edgy" as an attempt to form a political ideology.
>>
>>350768
"Get off my lawn"
>>
File: 1446779276441.jpg (56 KB, 643x358) Image search: [Google]
1446779276441.jpg
56 KB, 643x358
>>
What sort of anarchism?
Right? Left? Mutualist?
>>
File: 1447047690039.jpg (203 KB, 381x424) Image search: [Google]
1447047690039.jpg
203 KB, 381x424
>>350783
>>350803
>>350808
>>350848
>>
>>350768
>>
No dude, its like, we dont need government to keep us down. We should just do whatever we want right?
>>
>>350783
>>350803
As an ideology anarchism isnt really that edgy its just that now its generally only advocated by edgy teens who only kinda/not at all, understand it, But it is extreme and utopian. I think it probably made some sense if you were a russian serf but even then.
>>
a world without social constructs holding us back

the fact is most people are too stupid to realize marriage and race and money are all things that only exist because we say they exist. Sadly the more you fight it the more the corporations put you down, now you cant even smoke fucking weed to set your head straight
>>
File: oppresion-aint-cheap.jpg (167 KB, 468x615) Image search: [Google]
oppresion-aint-cheap.jpg
167 KB, 468x615
>>350768
Men should be free to rule themselves.

The main argument against anarchism is that various militant groups will take over and try to control things. This widespread belief has caused anarchism to be synonymous with chaos. The irony of this is that governments themselves are militant groups, who often come to and maintain power by implementing a common chaos known as war. And if you don't want to fund war? In a cell you go.

I am by no means a dedicated anarchist, nor do I see it as the best system of government. I just think it is ignorant to refuse to allow for such a system.
>>
File: moonman.png (8 KB, 732x732) Image search: [Google]
moonman.png
8 KB, 732x732
>>351003
>intoxicant
>"setting your head straight"

just listen to yourself for a second
>>
Civilization is slavery. It's a tool for channeling wealth into the hands of a select few. This has never not been true.
>>
>>351040
anarchism = the free market of politics
free market = not going to happen
>>
>>351003
>I actually don't know what weed does or how it effects the synapse between the neurons
>>
>>351058
Exactly. So if we really tried these silly ideologies we would live in a world of comfy mud huts, but would never have gotten as far as building the Pyramids.
>>
>>351154
Fun Fact: Humans were happy being hunter gatherers because it was what they evolved for. They had more free time than people working farm fields did and were less likely to die of disease. If you made it to the age of 15 then your average lifespan would be into your 50's. In ancient Rome you were lucky to live past your 30's due to disease outbreaks. Also their way of living was mores sustainable.

Conflicts between tribes were relatively bloodless, unliked "civilized" wars which were very bloody and usually were to acquire slaves to work the mines to create more weapons of war.
>>
>>351220
>Humans happer as hunter gatherers
Go home Zerzan
>>
>>351242
No.
>>
>>351061
>free market = not going to happen
One must give reason.
>>
>>350768
Basically, a naive ideology that says we'd be better off without laws. Because you don't need laws or government or any sort of law-enforcement; you can ward off murderers and rapists and robbers with the Magic of Friendship.
>>
>>350768
The idea that the social contract should be something you'd agree to if you had the choice.
>>
>>351040
Don't have anything invested in this debate but
>men should be free to rule themselves
>men
Affecting this archaic way of writing is so neckbeard
>>
>>351154
>comfy mud huts

they 're called cobhouses you pleb and it's one of the sweetest things capitalism will deprive you of.
>>
>>350768
There is no state, there is no property either.

That is the most concise way of putting it.
>>
File: 9182485_orig.png (735 KB, 946x610) Image search: [Google]
9182485_orig.png
735 KB, 946x610
no rulers
>>
File: YJ6TgJZ.jpg (56 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
YJ6TgJZ.jpg
56 KB, 630x630
>>350768
>>
>>351054
>>351096
it gives you a point of view the normal people cant have, and you can think objectively

fuck off back to your republican hugbox
>>
Civilization was a mistake.
>>
>>351003

It's not that "the fact is most people are too stupid to realize" that those things are social constructs, kid. Good on you for developing the basic self-awareness to realize that societies are things that exist and rules are things made by people, but being bound by social constructs is better than being raped and murdered by any random asshole who's stronger or better armed than you are. Also, while I agree that weed should be legalized everywhere, it's very easy to get ahold of even in places where it's illegal, so I'm not really sure what you're whining about. Also, most of "the normal people" that I know at least smoke or have smoked plenty of weed. It's not really a big thing 2bh pham.
>>
People should be able to voluntarily engage in what they wish to, if somebody wants to start a state then so be it as long as the state is voluntary for everybody involved (so someone can get out if they want out.)
>>
>>351658
>Runescape
>Early 2000s
>>
>>351675
lol american politics, thinking mind-altering substances gives you objectivity

back to highschool, /kid/
>>
>>351732
>being bound by social constructs is better than being raped and murdered by any random asshole who's stronger or better armed than you are

I don't see how one prevents the other. History most certainly doesn't prove your point. Ideology much?
>>
File: is this bait.png (27 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
is this bait.png
27 KB, 527x409
>>351877
>i don't see how the laws and government that come with civilzation lower the chances of being raped and murdered
>>
>>351058

There have been dominance hirearchies since we were swinging in trees 5 million years go.

All the resources have always gone to the top, it's just the way we are
>>
>>351901
clearly you don't read history then. All wars happened in history. All history is the history of class societies.
>>
File: u are an idiot.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
u are an idiot.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>351917
>wars happen, therefore laws and government offer no protection against being raped and murdered
>>
>>351938
as an absolute, your statement is wrong.

if you want to be more specific, all genocides and "war crimes" have been recorded within societies ruled by a state.
>>
>>351950
>bad things happen in places where law breaks down, or which are conquered and occupied by an enemy force, therefore laws and government are useless

Dude for real if you hate laws and functional government so much why don't you just move to Somalia?
>>
>>351968
you said laws and government protect you from the strongest gang imposing themselves forcefully on you and your society.

>why don't you just move to Somalia?

strong argument there.
>>
>>351978
Yeah, it's called monopolization of violence. One wolf, essentially, keeping all the others in line. That's what civilization is. That's the social contract; you submit to the authority of the state, and agree that actions like rape or murder that violate the social contract will be punished, and in exchange the state offers its protection. Now, I'm sure that in your teenage mind you imagine that, in absence of any laws or government, you'd be the biggest baddest badass wolf of them all, hands down no problem, but that is, to put it very mildly, highly unlikely.

And I know you'll be like "ugghh durrr cops and soldiers r just murderous thug rapists in uniforms durrrrrrrrrr i love cock". When you do post that response, or something along the lines of it, please tell me all about the last time a band of police officers or soldiers broke into your house, looted your valuables, and had their way with your mother (who I'm quite sure you still live with).

>>351978

It is a strong argument. From 1991-2006, Somalia was effectively without a government, and it was a hellish shithole. It's still a hellish shithole, but, with at least some government, it is getting better. Bad government is better than no government.
>>
>>350768
>Anarchism

>you will never live in a society better than democracy, where you all debate everything until you all agree

Why even live?!
>>
Anarchists are a bunch of spooked niggers.
>>
>>352015
>monopolization of violence. One wolf, essentially, keeping all the others in line. That's what civilization is. That's the social contract;

>>351732
>any random asshole who's stronger or better armed than you are

can you see a contradiction here? because I can. And if genocides, concentration camps, sackings and annihilation are the results of war, then not even those social constructs can protect me, since there is always going to be a "bigger, badder wolf". Arms race makes the world more dangerous. Lack of state power makes it safer.
>>
>>351968
>Dude for real if you hate laws and functional government so much why don't you just move to Somalia?
Somalia has like 9 governments. They should be a model of order and civility, right?
>>
LEAVE ME ALONE REEEEEEEEEEE: the philosophy
>>
>>351853
>not knowing the game came out in 2000 but only played by autists then
>he didn't play from 2004-2007
scrub
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L03nrGLo5m0
>>
File: 1449045843541.png (20 KB, 480x238) Image search: [Google]
1449045843541.png
20 KB, 480x238
>>352015
>Anarchism is synonymous with anti-government
That's nice.
>>
File: zomia.jpg (18 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
zomia.jpg
18 KB, 320x263
Was Zomia a thing?

Was it the best thing?
>>
>>350803
Not at all actually. Anarchism aims to run a group of people without a political ideology. On the basis that everyone is not an asshole and aint gonna try to profit from his neighbor.

Guess where it failed
>>
Guys what if we are in an anarchist system now?
>>
File: Combine_Advisor_Ep2.jpg (200 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Combine_Advisor_Ep2.jpg
200 KB, 1024x768
>>354267
What, like, relative to the Combine?
>>
>>353750
It is. It's not anti-organization however.
>>
>>354286
>anti authority
>anti government
>not anti organization
>>
>>354307
I think "legit" anarchists just have a problem with wealth and power being funneled into the hands of a select few. Organizations that don't do that would be okay.
>>
>>354307
Yup, organisation is run by direct democracy, no hierarchies are allowed.

If you want a more "realistic" approach, look into Anarcho Municipalism.
>>
>>354332
>Direct Democracy
>No hierarchy
Gotta study for those A levels!
>>354323
I'm not sure about that, lad.
>>
>>354348
>don't understand something
>give others shit for pointing you in the right direction

Why would I try and explain it in a complicated way when you just basically said you didn't understand it?
>>
>>354379
You can't fool me, troll!
>>
Is there a single example of Anarchism in practice? Like an Anarchist 'state' historically or anything?
>>
>>351658
Hey man, Runescape was dope
>>
>>354427
see >>353939

Supposedly the entire region was people living in the hills because they were escaping the brutal slaving states around them.
>>
>>354427
The world
>>
>>354427
Catalonia during the civil war, Ukrainian Free Territory.
>>
>>354323
If I understand you right, those are typically libertarians, i.e. people who want to maximize autonomy and decentralization without giving up the core tenets of liberalism and capitalism. Anarchists are much more radical. The status of state and property are a very important difference even if people lump the two ideologies together.
>>
>>354450
So what did they do? Because that just sounds like a bunch of mountain-men that live in isolation and is no longer applicable as nations are now able to to control mountainous regions previously hard to control.

>>354452
explain lad
>>
>>354467
>Catalonia during the civil war, Ukrainian Free Territory.
Well that's great and all, but those only existed in a wartime scenario, so unless you're suggesting a perpetual state of war, I don't see how it would work.
>>
>>354473
>explain lad
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchy_%28international_relations%29
>>
>>351220
Please provide a source for you claims, because from what I've read, experts have come to different conclusions.
>>
>>354481
You're such a little shit I bet you go to a no name university and it's your first time hearing your guest lecturer on the state of the field of international relations as well
>>
Anarchism is the natural state of humans.

Think about it. Everyone lives their lives as if the State doesn't exist. It's only when you deliver your tax form or get pulled over by the police that you remember that there exists a crew of people that will literally put you in a cell or kill you if you don't listen to their orders.
>>
>>354481
>theory
>practice
you seem a bit confused lad
>>
>>354473
>So what did they do? Because that just sounds like a bunch of mountain-men that live in isolation and is no longer applicable as nations are now able to to control mountainous regions previously hard to control.
What is your definition of a nation?
>>
>>354483
What are these different conclusions?
>>
>>354492
Sorry, I jumbled up my terms, I meant state
>>
>>354487
That's untrue.

Conceiving states as anything more than successful organizations under anarchy is more or less falling for state propaganda.
>>
>>354503
Thanks for the you but why are you directing that at me you autist
>>
>>354488
>Anarchism is the natural state of humans.
No, anarchy is the natural state. Anarchism is the attempt to suspend the natural state without constructing a system of domination.
>>
>>354505
Semantics. I'm not wrong.
>>
>>354504
You wanted me to explain
>>
>>354499
Technically Zomia is defined to be stateless. It was just a lot of people living in the hills without trying to control or enslave anyone else.
>>
File: 539.jpg (78 KB, 495x497) Image search: [Google]
539.jpg
78 KB, 495x497
>Illegalism
>Anarcho-syndicalism
>Anarchist communism
>Platformism
But how?
>>
>>350878
This, there are many different types of anarchism. But fundamentally anarchism is the self-management of the people, democratic agreement on sanctions and initiations, abolition of hierarchy and state power, and other ideas following these variables.
>>
>>354514
Well that does sound nice and all, but it doesn't seem practical in the modern world, as states can now reach into these previously impenetrable areas.
>>
>>351524
>what are sanctions
>>
>>351524
>what is the effect of capitalism on crime rate
>>
>>354539
sanctions sounds like a form of governance to me.
>>
>>354543
>Crime rate
>Independent of Capital production
>>
File: anarcho queers.jpg (187 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
anarcho queers.jpg
187 KB, 640x427
>>350768

"Anracho"communism is a magical place where nobody is forced to work but everything is provided through the power of "solidarity". There are no laws or authority but instaed people talk about every single decision they make and magically reach consensus without anyone disagreeing.

Anarchocapitalism is more plausible because you have property rights so at the very least people will not starve to death but even that is a pipe dream
>>
>>354551

Crime rates in the US have been falling for the past 20 years despite the major "capitalist crisis" of 2008.
>>
>>354556
>Anarchocapitalism is more plausible because you have property rights so at the very least people will not starve to death but even that is a pipe dream
Maybe it's just me but I feel that an Anarcho-capitalist state would just eventually transform into an Plutocracy.
>>
>>354488
> Anarchism is the natural state of humans.
If it was we'd be living in anarchism m8.

May as well argue that anarchism is non-natural since people develop states and tribes and whatynot when they're living in anarchy.
>>
>>354566
I guess you didn't read the next line I wrote.
>>
>>354562
lmao
>>
>>354565

IMO this is just a simplistic view based on the false marxist inspired premise that in a free market resources have the tendency to concetrate in a few hands adinfinitum
>>
>>354536
Yes, the credo of civilization has long been "might makes right".
>>
>>354580

Nice response is this the best tumblr reddit and lit have to offer?
>>
File: violence-stylized2.png (17 KB, 430x295) Image search: [Google]
violence-stylized2.png
17 KB, 430x295
>>354580
>>
>>354581
Don't associate me with Marxist cretins.
>>
>>354581
>Free markets cannot be mono or oligopolistic
>only states can create monopolies or oligopolies

Shitty AnCap talking points that have been refuted to absurdity.
>>
>>354577
I did and I can't say that I'm living as the state didn't exist. They're sanding the roads as I write.
>>
>>354595
>They're sanding the roads as I write.

No they're not. A private company hired by the State payed for by your tax money is sanding the roads.
>>
>>354593
>Free markets cannot be mono or oligopolistic

Re read what I wrote mongoloid

>resources have the tendency to concetrate in a few hands ad infinitum
>ad infinitum

Also not even an ancap I am a fascist I laugh at anarchists especially "anarcho"communists who are the cringiest of all.
>>
How would an anarchist state deal with an invasion?
>>
>>354604
Fascists are way more cringe.

Literally cringe every time I hear people like you, use the word "degenerate" as if it means anything substantive.

AnComs have a failure of imagination, meanwhile people like you are just edgelords.
>>
>>354603
No, these persons really are employed and using machines owned by the county.
>>
There are going to be a lot more anarchists once cheaply accessible oil runs out, to say nothing of the rising threat of disease epidemics.
>>
>>354645
True, but in what way is this related to you?

Do you really think "Ah of course, these people are employed by the State!" whenever you see roadworkers?

No you don't, i.e you don't think about the state at all until it affects you personally QED you live life as if it's anarchistic.
>>
>>354657
>No you don't,
But I do.
>>
>>354624
Anybody?
>>
>>354661
Okay dude, I don't believe you, but whatever.
>>
>>354591
Where's the pre 1650 you fucking tard.
>>
>>354696

A 400 year trend is not long enough for you?

Are you one of those insane "anarcho"primitivists?
>>
>>354706
Listen here bud, I'm not shit. Your chart doesn't stretch back far enough for a true comparison. In 1400 the United States had a lower crime rate in comparison to the Monarchies of Europe. Don't speak shit about something you don't fucking know.
>>
>>354549
Sanctions are a penalty, the difference between sanctions and laws is that you aren't thrown in jail for 5 years.
>>
>>354713
>In 1400
>the United States
you ARE shit m8
>>
>>354723
Not him but in many cases social sanction can be worse too, it could literally mean you starve to death because nobody will trade with you.
>>
>>354732
Wait, I read that post wrong. Deleting and re-responding.
>>
>>354667
cück
>>
>>354562
Okay, well I'm not able to find any capitalist articles on this 'capitalist crisis', so I can only assume you're referring to our recession and rising Gini coefficient, causing some concern over capitalism as a sufficient economic system.

My answer remains the same. There's no capitalist crisis, most people don't critique capitalism or advocate for alternative economic and/or political theories in which to run ourselves. If you're referring to crisis theory, profit made by selling goods within our current capitalist economy has not fallen, only distributed very unevenly. Capitalists are more powerful than ever since the uneven distribution of wealth makes people even more subservient to the private owners/the rich. There's ideological crisis at best within a recession, it's nearly impossible to revolutionize anything when your life and your family's lives are dependent on working... unless everyone stood up for themselves, which isn't happening currently. There is no palpable crisis against capitalism happening right now.
>>
>>354729
Then there will be a sanction against allowing people to starve. There are other forms of punishment which can be implemented. For anarchism to be implemented in the first place, there would have to be an understanding of the value of human life. Most would be self sufficient and therefore would farm something for themselves and their families. Obtaining food does not have to be entirely trade-- in fact, most people would see that as a risk before anything else happens and therefore have a way to feed themselves as a preventative measure.
>>
>>354838
Ostracism is a powerful tool though, if you don't have enforceable laws.
>>
>>354847
With all of the adults/people alive on Earth right now, there will always be a group who will accept them, no?
>>
>>354853
Even then, all of the outcasts will form their own groups.
>>
>>354853
Sure, but at least you have taken a stand and won't trade with them.
>>
>>354624
Invasion of what sort?
>>
>>354865
Okay. What do you mean by this?
>>
>>354624
They would resist and likely be defeated, either by the invading force or the centralization of power they create in response to the invading force. That's why the hills have long been the bastions of freedom.
>>
>>354878
What I mean is that you can only control yourself and your own actions.

In an anarchist society, you can spread information that person X is bad and shouldn't be traded or talked to, but that's really all you *can* do in reality.
>>
>>354897
And social expatriation is a lot more effective. Imagine Being threatened with jailtime vs. people being disgusted with you for stealing all of your neighbor's food. It carries much more emotional weight... unless you're a sociopath, in which case you're stuck with very little people to trade with, and eventually no one will trade with you and you're left by yourself, which is deserved if you're going to be ruining communities.
>>
>>354897
You could also kill them if you really want to, and it could be possible to get away with it unless his friends and family try to get someone to investigate the murder, but that then goes into what does the investigator need to do their job adequately, and if the people interested in uncovering the truth are capable of providing for it.
>>
>>354934
Sure, you could, but someone will suspect you and investigate it, and sooner or later figure out that you did it.

Just like now.
>>
>>354566
'Cause humans are a social race.
>>
File: 1438166877607.jpg (82 KB, 700x604) Image search: [Google]
1438166877607.jpg
82 KB, 700x604
>>350783
>>
It's a meme ideology that is dangerously over-assuming the natural state of men as individuals and men in a society. Most examples we've seen that claimed to be anarchist live in states of perpetual war or fear. Their entire ideology is literally a red flag to anyone seeking to gain power because they seek to eliminate structures to enforce power and hierarchy over individuals. They fail at this and their militias can't get shit done because having an organized system such as a basic military is hierarchal, leading them to get promptly Blown the Fuck Out.
>>
>>355309
>It's a meme ideology that is dangerously over-assuming the natural state of men as individuals and men in a society.

Not really. It fully recognizes that humans are at times vicious and cruel.

The only difference is that in statist societies, you have a platform called the state which every single one of these vicious and evil individuals can conglomerate to, and they can get away with murder, extortion and war without ever being held accountable for their actions.
>>
how do you deal with rape without police, judicial system, prison or death punishment?
Let me guess, rape will never happen in an "egalitarian" society.
>>
>>355079
>Captain
>We're approaching the neckbeard quadrant
>Capital system at position B, 2
>>
>>355357
Why specifically rape?

Rape is by definition a hard crime to prove, considering it's usually word against word, unless the victim is severely injured and the suspect doesn't have an alibi.

But those things are true and would be true regardless if you had a police force dedicated to bringing rapists to justice or not.
>>
>>355388
so your answer is don't deal with it at all, because it's too hard.
>>
>>355405
I never said that. But what makes you think that police wouldn't exist in an anarchist society?
>>
>>351480
>>351242
I like you two.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1712x2288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1712x2288
>>355079
So many edges.
>>
>>350768
Like Bonanno I think of anarchism is a tension towards a greater, and more general, liberation of human beings.
I do not consider myself an anarchist because the milieu a shit but I am sympathetic in principle.
>>
>>355423
may be the fact that anarchists yell fuck the police, don't recognize any authority whatsoever, and destroy private property of hard-working people as if it was a strike against capitalism and consumerism itself. I don't know, that seems like a good hint to me.
>>
>>355452
Dear OP: you are not going to get a good summary of a such complex bundle of ideas here, I am afraid but I recommend this if you actually want to learn about anarchism:
http://anarchism.pageabode.com/afaq/index.html
>>
>>355463
Sure, but that's because the police today are a tool of rich and powerful people as is the judicial system.
>>
>>350768
A school of thought generally associated with opposition to social stratification, generally supporting said opposition to social stratification with any means necessary.

It can be shoehorned into right wing and left wing politics.

>>354723
Anon, sanctions result in social stratification that is enforced by someone or a group.
>>
>>354393
It's true, organisation is a neutral word. Organisation does not even imply hierarchy, let alone government.
>>
>>354566
>people develop states

that's an anti-historic view fo history. That's a kindergarten tale. People didn't develop states, states were created due to specific historic reasons and they exist in the form we know them as remnants of empires.
>>
>>354624
>an anarchist state

ok

>>354591
wow that's, like, FACTS man, it has number and a doodle!

>>354581
>this is just a simplistic view
it's exactly why DEREGULATION of banks was happening, why DECENTRALISATION of centres of power and industry occured and why SOCIALISATION of ownership of stocks has been increasing.
>>
>>355079
I recognize the most of them but not all,
wh's the edgiest if you all?
tell me all
all
>>
>>355079
who's the cutie next to Bukchin?
>>
>>351003
So by that logic you and your associates don't mind me using AR-15s, AKM's, M2 Brownings, and various other arms to protect my gay Muslim pot farm church right?
>>
>>
>>357287
>Power Rangers : Anarcho Force!
Thanks for the cringe, m8.
>>
>>357242
"There is no such thing as peaceful insurrection. Weapons are necessary".
>>
>>354624
retreat to the countryside, self-criticize, surround the cities from the countryside
>>
>>351054
>Labels are reality
>>
>>357287
Delete this image and never repost.

OP read Stirner and Bakunin and never post again
>>
>>350768
Chaotic neutral
>>
>>350768
Make me
>>
Anarchism is a tendancy in humans towards rebelling against unjust hierarchies and towards a more common system of self governance with respect to other people.

In the West, it has been fetishised as being something that was invented alongside other ideologies and has become dogmatically associated w, etcith Bakunin, Kropotkin, Goldman Chomsky et al,

Western anarchism in the 21st century and especially on reddit's infamous /r/anarchism board, has evolved into a dogma taking naive essentialist identity politics, a tendancy towards violence as being a tactic and a rejection of free speech.

anarchism is a perfectly logical way of organising and should nto be thought of as simply another ideology, anarchism can be seen in many things. for example, spontaneous queuing is an example of anarchism, as it everyone ordering themselves for the benefit of each other.

Also the idea that some people are so dumb they need leaders, but these leaders are somehow not as dumb as everyone else is of course ludicrous.

Stay away from the memes and american centric anarchism and you'll be fine.
>>
>>358403
violence as a tactic has been around long before reddit bruh
On the matter of asiatic anarchists, you can surely name some, yes?
>>
Humanity is naturally anarchistic. Remove the state, and a new one will pop up regardless.

>>354495
This. You'd assume that we'd be happier doing what we evolved to do.
Interested to hear them.
>>
Just an ideology thats not a fan of imposed hierarchy and understands that the state isnt necessary for society
>>
>>358403
So Anarchism can only exist if cultural customs, acquired in more authoritarian systems, help it function? What is the incentive for me to wait in queue otherwise?

I think the real problem with an anarchic system is that everyone would have to be totally politically mobilized at all times, for their entire life, and take an interest in every single issue they're facing aswell as be ready to debate and compromise over it.
To be honest, that sounds terrible.
>>
>>357899
this
>>
>>354480
They existed during civil wars because the breakdown of government power gave the existing anarchist movements an opportunity. It would have probably been better in the long run in Spain and Russia for the anarchist movements if the wars hadn't happened, but those are the circumstances that gave us an example of a functioning anarchist society, so they were pretty important in that regard.
>>
>>354624
In Catalonia and Aragon, resisting invasion was what resulting in the existence of the anarchist "state". The CNT armed its workers and they were able to defeat the fascist army, after that happened they formed antifascist militias and liberated most of Aragon, although they couldn't take Zaragoza because of a lack of resources. The Aragon front during the revolution though was the only front in the Spanish Civil War where Republican-allied forces consistently gained ground, and a part of the Durruti Column was instrumental in the defence of Madrid. You add onto that the success of Makhno's forces in routing some of the most elite parts of the White Army, and how the Soviets later adopted his tactics with the Tachanki, anarchism doesn't really have the military problems that people assume libertarian ideals would entail.
>>
>>358472
>What is the incentive for me to wait in queue otherwise?
Not the guy you're talking to, but it's the same reason you wait in a line now. Do you really have the idea that the police is going to come after you in the fore of your mind when you think about breaking a line or not? No, you're thinking that it's an asshole thing to do and people will be pissed off at you. There doesn't need to be any pre-existing system for anarchism to function, simply because order will manifest because people prefer having an orderly, peaceful life. Most people don't want to make trouble or be involved in trouble, those that do will be ostracized and ignored. It's not necessary to be politically mobilized because there is no politics, you just live your own life and pay attention to the people you associate with like you do now.
>>
Anarcho-capitalism is taking an rational approach towards buidling a kind of society that can be considered anarchist and still function, it still problably wouldn't work anyway but is much better than the other naive approachs.
>>
>>359062
Anarcho-capitalism is an oxymoron. A boss is still a ruler, private security is still violent coercion and anarchism just meaning no state is a Marxist meme.
>>
>>359077
>boss is still a ruler

Not when the work is done under a voluntary association and you can't say that people are entitled to a living because that would mean forcing someone else to work for them.

>private security is still violent coercion

They are only supposed to act in the defense of life and property, there is no coercion unless you believe someone else to be entitled to the labor of others.

Anarcho-capitalism is essentially taking the idea of an anarchic society to its logical conclusion, it problably wouldn't work anyway but is the most practical out of all anarch-isms.
>>
>>358884
>The CNT armed its workers and they were able to defeat the fascist army

Hmm, not really mate. The anarchists' unwillingness to organize their militias and government only made it easier for the communists to cannibalise them. I wouldn't use the Spanish Civil War as a shining example of functioning anarchist militarism.
>>
>>359140
They were organised enough to be the most successful faction on the Republican side militarily, the supposed lack of organisation was mainly PCE propaganda.
>>359122
>It's not bad if you agree with it
>>
File: 1445039787917-1.png (26 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
1445039787917-1.png
26 KB, 1200x600
>>359062
"Anarcho"-capitalism is literally just Neofeudalism
>>
>>355463
We are talking about actual anarchism here, not what edgy teens think anarchism is.
>>
>>356626
Renzo Novatore.

"I rise up against the reality of the outer world for the triumph of the reality of my inner world. I reject society for the triumph of the I. I reject the stability of every rule, every custom, every morality, for the affirmation of every willful instinct, all free emotionality, every passion and every fantasy. I mock at every duty and every right so I can sing free will. I scorn the future to suffer and enjoy my good and my bad in the present. I despise humanity because it is not my humanity. I hate tyrants and I detest slaves."
>>
>>359163
> Capitalism is feudalism
You sound like one of those 19th century theologians trying to reveal that Christianity would actually be Judaism or something.

Also, the term Feudalism in economic history has very, very specific uses. None of which apply to anarcho-capitalism. So please, just don't equate them.
>>
>>359162
>It's not bad if you agree with it

That is literally it, it is not rape if you agree with it, the only other solution would be to take another person wealth by force, also I'd like to point out that an-caps are anti-corporation/big banks and consider that some kind of reparation is necessary in cases where exploitation has actually taken place, they aren't against the idea of worker owned companies either.
>>
>>359272
so a society where everything is controlled by a ruling elite that uses non-violent brainwashing to make everybody consent to its actions is perfectly fine?
>>
>>359280
> non-violent brainwashing to make everybody consent
This isn't a vision of society had even by Marxists.

Superstructure is ever changing, never covering.
>>
>>354427
Neutral Moresnet. A neutral area between Prussia and Belgium where nobody had monopoly on violence. Initially it was monopolized by a mining company but when the mines dried up they worked things out anyway. In the end it was steamrolled by WW1.
>>
>>359300
the brainwashing wouldn't necessarily be centralised or planned, it would just come out of the inequalities
>>
>>354427
Humans before agriculture.
>>
>>359315
Yes, I know, you're talking about Base-Superstructure relations without the terms you ought to familiarize. Ideology is unconscious: it arises out of economic means, not an acknowledged wish to rule. Yet, it can be fought and be overcome.
>>
>>359280
That sounds like a socialist paradise.
>>
>>354427
Most feudal societies were anarchistic in most senses even though most anarchists wouldn't want to acknowledge this. What I mean by this that while the whole town-landlord relationship wasn't anarchistic, the peasant to peasant relations were.
>>
>>358406
>Asiatic Anarchists

No I can't name any, because it's not about individuals, it's about groups of people escaping state rule. See the Art of Not being Governed for more

>violence as a tactic has been around long before reddit bruh

Sure it has, but the celebratory glee that accompanies another human being being tortured and set on fire just because they are s SEO is disgusting and not anarchist.
Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.