[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /his/ think about the Diadochi? Did they want to keep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Diadochi_satraps_babylon.png (209 KB, 2828x1353) Image search: [Google]
Diadochi_satraps_babylon.png
209 KB, 2828x1353
what does /his/ think about the Diadochi? Did they want to keep Alexanders empire unified at first, or power-grab regions for themselves?
>>
>>348401
Well that clearly depends on the Satrap. Though most of them were power-grabbers and this is the kind of diadochi that won, of course.
>>
File: persia.jpg (27 KB, 665x436) Image search: [Google]
persia.jpg
27 KB, 665x436
Just noticed Alexander's Persia was smaller than Darius' Persia.
For some reason I always thought he took all of Persia, and some extra, but apparently not.
>>
>>348401
poor Kleitos
>>
>>348401
Who the fuck lives in that white circle in Anatolia?
>>
>>348408
It just seemed at first they wanted to continue the empire Alexander had forged, keeping the royal line and the territory intact etc. the problem came from who's gonna be in charge, what region went to whom and it devolved into petty kingdoms and land-grabs. it seems as the Diadochi may of been united in the idea of keeping it a big happy empire, just stubborn fucks as to how it was going to be governed. plus Perdiccas was a dick and pissed off everyone, and Antipater died 10 minutes after getting power didn't help
>>
>>348444
that looks like Persia pre-greek wars. some satraps became independent after Alexander anyway/didn't really give a fuck about the Empire
>>
>>348488
the Emperor lel
>>
>>348545
Pasargadae and Persepolis are both in southern Iran. Looks like Paukestas domain on this map.
>>
File: cappadocia-goreme.jpg (390 KB, 950x630) Image search: [Google]
cappadocia-goreme.jpg
390 KB, 950x630
>>348488
Cappadocians.
>>
>>348444
That's Darius I's empire, not Darius III.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.