[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /his/ I'm writing a research paper for my religion/anthropology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Picture_of_Abdul-Baha.jpg (48 KB, 800x960) Image search: [Google]
Picture_of_Abdul-Baha.jpg
48 KB, 800x960
sup /his/

I'm writing a research paper for my religion/anthropology class and I decided to choose Baha'i

does anybody actually know somebody who is part of this religion? Are you? What experiences and knowledge can you impart on me on the religion?

I'm writing about the history and shit but I guess I want to hear personal experiences and thoughts of the religion to gain better understanding. I just know basics of principles, focused around unity
>>
I'll bump once and then move on if nobody replies, it's not a really common religion I get it
>>
>>348034
its also pretty late, maybe try again in around 8 hours
>>
Here's a bump.
Hopefully someone knows.
>>
>>349954
No one knows anything about bahai
>>
>>349959
How did they write a wikipedia about it then, retard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%C3%A1%27%C3%AD_Faith
>>
If you study the humanities at uni do they care about how good your style is or do they just care purely about the content? I don't want creative writing feedback but if I was doing academic work I'd at least want it to be stylish instead of dry, e.g. I would use Schopenhauer or La Rochefoucauld as rolemodels.

Do lecturers give you feedback on aesthetic style?
>>
>>349966
On 4chan you fucking turnip
>>
>>349984
Your style is important only to the degree that it structures your argument.

Personal flair in your essays will help you come across and will make your essay interesting, so long as you do not confuse the quality of your argument with your suspense-thrilling prose.

Can you give an example tbqh?
>>
>>350017
An example paragraph or examples of good and bad prose writers?
>>
File: 1440260073708.jpg (47 KB, 389x377) Image search: [Google]
1440260073708.jpg
47 KB, 389x377
>>349984
>tfw can't help but write like Kant
>>
>>350029
An example paragraph of your own writing.
>>
>>350038
My condolences. Maybe study Hegel's prose so that you can go even further down that tunnel, becoming so shit at writing that people can't tell and think you're even smarter than you already appear?

>>350043
I haven't been in school for years. My high school work wouldn't be an example of my potential now, and if I was to write something at this present moment it would be unplanned and out of practise.
>>
>>350087
Keep writing like you are now, and I'm sure you'll have no problem.
>>
>>350087
>>>/r/positivism
>>
>>350105
Is this genuine praise? My posts here are totally improvised I don't take long to reflect on them or edit them before posting. I do think I have a good base level of clarity, modesty, and perception tho.
>>
>Theres one god
>God reveals his nature to humans via prophets spread throughout history (Jesus, Krishna, Muhammad, etc.)
>Unity of Religion
>Unity of Language (auxiliary language)
>Unity of the world

Bout as barebones, but its a start
>>
>>350116
I'm not a positivist at all though, they have even worse prose than Hegel. At least he was inspired. Positivists just try to reduce, popularise, mechanise, pragmatise, everyman-ise, anything (not everything) they touch.

Don't have to be one to realise Hegel can't write well. If Schopenhauer gave an honest account of anything Hegel, it was style. In content they had different concerns so it's less on-the-ball. You seem to think I dismiss his content like the positivists do, it's two different critiques though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.