[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Singapore a model for how to create a first-world, MEDC country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: Singapore-Republic-of-Singapore.jpg (460 KB, 2511x1671) Image search: [Google]
Singapore-Republic-of-Singapore.jpg
460 KB, 2511x1671
Is Singapore a model for how to create a first-world, MEDC country in a rapid space of time that could be applied to more countries trying to get their shit together?

Why does Malaysia trudge along as a developing country rife with corruption so badly while Singapore doesn't?
>>
Because malaysia discriminates against ethnic chinese people whereas singapore is ruled by them and free from the historical baggage of mainland china.
>>
>>345891
Singapore was the model for Deng Xiaoping's China, so yeah, it's a pretty good model.
>>
1. It's a fucking city, not a country.
2. It's ruled by butt-ugly Fujianese and Cantonese Chinese who are the biggest Jews of Asia.
3. Having points 1 and 2 together is a recipe for success that cannot be duplicated anywhere else unless you have 1 and 2.
>>
>>345891
>Singapore doesn't have corruption
Nice meme you got there. Malaysia is pretty much just Singapore scaled up, except they arent nearly as autocratic as Singapore.
>>
>>345953
City-State.

Highest GDP.
>>
It's totalitarian, but maybe that's the best way to keep peace in a multi-ethnic population.
>>
Hong Kong and Macau are also rich as fuck.

There's a weird kind of niche in that region for "China, but not quite China."
>>
>>345972
>Malaysia is pretty much just Singapore scaled up

Dude, no. Crossing into Singapore from Malaysia is like day and night. Singapore is clean, efficient, well-protocoled, feels safe on the streets, the public servants are generally safe and helpful, it feels like a first world country. If there's corruption then it's very out of view.

Malaysia was the oppositr of all these things .
>>
>>345891
>Is Singapore a model for how to create a first-world, MEDC country in a rapid space of time that could be applied to more countries trying to get their shit together?

Singapore has a tiny population, a negative birthrate, and the Singaporean government literally pays their faggot ass citizens to have kids now but their birthrate is still dropping.

Singapork is gon b extinct nigga

>Why does Malaysia trudge along as a developing country rife with corruption so badly while Singapore doesn't?

Malaysia only has 30% ethnic Chinese population, and that ethnic Chinese population is constantly persecuted. Native Malays are fucking Muslime Dindu-tier
>>
File: 1448946299235.png (347 KB, 860x664) Image search: [Google]
1448946299235.png
347 KB, 860x664
>>346024
Did someone say, capitalism with Asian values?
>>
Singapore is a single city along one of the busiest trade routes in the world. It's in an incredibly strategic spot to take advantage of that trade, even if was run by baboons it wouldn't be a shithole.
>>
>>347266
This tbqh. America wouldn't never have let it fall into shithole status either.
>>
>>345891
LKY is the biggest proof that Great Man Theory is correct.
>>
>>345891
Because it's a center for finance and trade.

It's basically a country that's the banking sector for much of the region, and bankers always win and have disproportionate amount of money and profits flowing through them.
>>
>>345953
>biggest Jews of Asia
>not Jews
>>
>>345891
It's a single city, of course it's easier to manage, and its historic importance to trade can't be ignored, much like Hong Kong.

Taiwan and South Korea are the real good examples you are looking for, and both could be honestly much better if they don't have shitty neighbors
>>
Everyone is really unhappy and people still get caned.

Asian people cannot into fun and it's no way to live.
>>
>>346064
>Singaporky pig detected
>>
>>347266
but it was a shithole for ages until quite recently...
>>
>>348125
*SNIFF*
>>
>>348125
You think corporal punishment is bad? Try capital punishment for possessing a gram too much weed or meth

Oh and pick up that can, citizen, and remember to pay up that $500 littering fine
>>
>>348583
>Oh and pick up that can, citizen, and remember to pay up that $500 littering fine

Except they don't do that just to assert enslavement-like power, it serves the legitimate function of keeping Singapore damn clean with visible results, as well as being part of the philosophy of keeping law and order which makes citizens feel safe.
>>
>>348125
>>348583
Degenerate criminal detected.

Your approach to crime sure work great huh, considering how '''''low''''' your crime rate is compared to Singapore.

If the law is lax, Singapore would be as disgusting as the Mainland. With the amount of dirty mainlander immigrant pig coming here, if anything the law should be made more strict.
>>
>>348583
>Oh and pick up that can, citizen, and remember to pay up that $500 littering fine

Cleanest streets I've ever seen. Your move faggot.
>>
>>348593
>If the law is lax, Singapore would be as disgusting as the Mainland. With the amount of dirty mainlander immigrant pig coming here, if anything the law should be made more strict.

Pro-tip: All your ancestors came from mainland China dipshit

Dumb Singapigs
>>
>>348612
Pro-tip: When Mao decided to destroy Ancient Chinese culture PRC has no right to claim they are Chinese.

Uncultured peasant.
>>
File: Longhu_Shan_02.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Longhu_Shan_02.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>348621
>When Mao decided to destroy Ancient Chinese culture

That's a fucking meme you retard

Never been to mainland China confirmed
>>
>>348651
Nigger I probably have visited a lot more China than you, I've been there from Guangdong to Liaoning.

>a fucking meme
lel lying wumao bastard, just by memory alone, last time I go to Hangzhou I've visited temples rekted by commie dog like you.
>>
>>345891
Singapore's model worked for Singapore because Singapore is a city, rather than a fully fledged country. You could not transpose Singapore's radical infrastructure improvements on a country such as Russia, for example. There is simply too much physical space to develop.
>>
>>348651
>>348665
Watching chink fights are fun.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
>>
>>348621
But Singaporean culture is meme though.
>>
>>349968
All culture is a meme. You absolute joke of a man.
>>
>>350033
Lol Singaporean culture is lame as fuck and ties with Korea for materialist as fuck.
>>
>>350187
All culture is like that, unless you're some gay ass Buddhist.
>>
>>350195
Nah there's big difference between the degree of how shallow Singapore and Korea are compared to the rest of the world barring the rich oil states.
>>
File: Korea-Gyeongbokgung-07.jpg (2 MB, 2496x1664) Image search: [Google]
Korea-Gyeongbokgung-07.jpg
2 MB, 2496x1664
>>350207
Korea at least has culture
>>
>>350207
No, I disagree. Generally, people with money care about material possessions greatly. Why this might be especially potent in Singapore is that there are so many people with money.

This isn't cultural so much, but more socioeconomic. Further, there is more to Singapore than how much rich people in the country like to buy Beats headphones.
>>
>>348611
I remember when some rich American kid spray-painted and egged an expensive car in Singapore and got a literal flogging for it. US media reported it expecting outrage and most people went "lol, faggot deserved it". Good model, the Anglosphere should emulate it.

>>346193
>Singapore has a tiny population, a negative birthrate, and the Singaporean government literally pays their faggot ass citizens to have kids now but their birthrate is still dropping
This is one of the few criticisms I have of Singapore. Not only is their own birthrate horribly low, they take all of the high-IQ immigrants in from surrounding countries, who proceed to also never have children. It's a global IQ-shredder.
>>
honestly think I'm going to move to singapore. It sounds phenomena, even though apparently they're all money-crazed asians
>>
>>350425
Ehh it highly depends on the person.
Most people I know liked it or thought it was okay but they wouldn't want to stay their for long.
>>
>>348583
Littering should have a huge fine. It's super easy to avoid, you literally have to be an asshole to litter.
>>
This looks like a shitty /int/ thread.

To the singapork who is crying about how singapore would be come degenerate if laws were more lax you can simply look at Taiwan and Hong Kong for examples.

Furthermore the laws were in place well before mainland Chinese tourists began travelling abroad.
>>
>>348651
How is the Cultural Revolution a meme?
>>
>>348651
What do the big characters to the left say?
>>
>>348583
sounds good actually

no litter, no degenerates
>>
>>348428
Other ports had the role of Singapur then.
>>
It's quite a lot easier to change just a city state than a whole country.
>>
>>351197
"I'm a retarded american"
>>
>>348651
It's not a meme, the CR just didn't last long enough. Alot of shit was destroyed by red guards.

You must the poster from yesterday going on about how mao dindu nuffin wrong and being sent to a labor camp was just a prank to teach some humility. Fuck you.
>>
>>351249
>It's not a meme, the CR just didn't last long enough. Alot of shit was destroyed by red guards.

Fuck off. I was born and raised in China. My city had a lot of cultural relics saved from destruction, and that's not the only one. Many cities were saved from destruction. This whole retarded idea that 5000 years of Chinese culture was COMPLETELY undone by Mao in one decade IS a fucking meme, it was parroted by western press at the time because muh Red Scare. They wanted to demonize China and dehumanize the Chinese people so if they had to go to war against China the public would be all too trigger happy.

>You must the poster from yesterday going on about how mao dindu nuffin wrong and being sent to a labor camp was just a prank to teach some humility. Fuck you.

And you're the guy that jacks off to tile patterns? No? Exactly. Stop projecting shit onto me just because you don't agree with my opinions you dumb ignorant fuck.
>>
>>351301
>saved from destruction

So you admit there were attempts to destroy relics and places of cultural and historical significance in the first place?

Your post does nothing to refute the assertion that the CR tried to fuck shit up, it only concedes that it wasn't successful.
>>
>>351218
This. It's kinda idiotic when the Chinese government praises Singapore as a model of an authoritarian state. Very little can be applied from a city-state to a nation of 1.3 billion people.
>>
>>351318
Yeah did you fucking read the post I was replying to?

The fucking dumb cunt thinks Chinese culture no longer exists in mainland China AT ALL because the Cultural Revolution.

Fucking follow the thread
>>
>>350187
>>349968
>implying Singaporean(and Malaysian) Chinese isn't the true custodian of Chinese culture.

topkek.
Even the japanese manage to preserve Tang era relic better than mainlander dog.
>>
>>351184
Taiwan and Hong Kong are full of Strawberry Generation faggotwhose idea of fighting the chinamen is umbrellas and street protests and hoping Western liberals will save them based on how hippy they are. Even here in Singapore, you have mewling Western-loving cocksuckers who whine about how Chinamen are mistreated. Fuck them and fuck you!
>>
Most of the Chinese posters here rooting for the mainland are not even in China (which is blocked from posting), but students in Ausfalia and America whose parasitical parents have funded their escape from the worker's paradise through exploiting their countrymen
>>
File: 440px-Rhee_Syng-Man_in_1956.jpg (53 KB, 440x562) Image search: [Google]
440px-Rhee_Syng-Man_in_1956.jpg
53 KB, 440x562
>>350216
But do they have eyes?
>>
>>345891

Singapore profits a lot from being placed on Malacca straits.
>>
>>348651
Red Guards Destroy the Old and Establish the New.
So they destroy old monument and later rebuild them for the tourists...
The old artifacts were thousands of years old.
The new are movie prop for Gweilo.
>>
>>351197
>>348651
Jade wall hanging in midair.
>>
>>351301
>Alot of shit was destroyed by red guards.
Chinese culture, NOT the relics, but the people.
Ever witness a chinese buffet? Old fashion Chinese don't act like that.
>>
>>348019
But Taiwan and South Korea are the shitty neighbors.
>>
>>351249
>It's not a meme, the CR just didn't last long enough.
You can say that again.

Fucking White people and their Orientalist nonsense and diaspora cunts with bourgeois "muh huratige" bullshit, just fuck off.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.