[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would America be like if they never rebelled against Britain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: thirteen colonies.jpg (100 KB, 334x250) Image search: [Google]
thirteen colonies.jpg
100 KB, 334x250
What would America be like if they never rebelled against Britain and gained independence?
>>
Probably not much different than today. It would have become fully self-governing before long in any case.
>>
>>344394
I have a question.
Did the concept of manifest destiny exist during the empire?
If so would it be reasonable to say that the expansion would have happened at a delayed rate, and as such other colonies may have thrived outside the borders of those original 13 colonies?
>>
>>344394
I would think they would be related to Europe to a certain extent. We wouldn't have independence from British laws and rules.
>>
>>344412
No, manifest destiny was an American concept

>>344409
It would have been incredibly different. Napoleon wouldn't have sold Louisiana to Great Britian, slavery would have either been outlawed earlier or later depending on how bad Britain needed the cotton crops.

The American Revolution (read: the political and ideological movement from about 1750 to 1840) had huge international implications and spurred worldwide interest, especially in colonies, of the possibility of sovereignty. It's impossible to say what effect this would have, but it's reasonable to assume things would have gone very differently, especially with the French and Haitian revolutions.

So many different possibilities, it's impossible to say.
>>
see: Canada
>>
>>344501
So you mean, "Yes, manifest destiny was an american concept". ?
>>
>>344394
Probably wouldn't have bought the Louisiana territory, Napoleon wouldn't have sold it to a state of his enemy's.
>>
British empire would still be alive and kick and lot more influential in the world. With America's resource, they could very well dominate the entire world or Europe.
>>
>>344394
Irrelevant like Canada
>>
>>344394
Better
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.