[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he didn't major in History or Historical Fiction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1402193999215.jpg (176 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1402193999215.jpg
176 KB, 800x800
>he didn't major in History or Historical Fiction
>>
>Implying I'm not

Fuck all you guys who do a major you hate
>>
Nope, I like actually having a job.
>>
File: coyne.jpg (142 KB, 640x629) Image search: [Google]
coyne.jpg
142 KB, 640x629
>>3524
ding dong, faggio. you just tripped my shitpost alarm. oooooh yeahhhhhh rubba dubba. get outta here you punk.
>>
I might switch to history because even though I like math, history is easier and usually more interesting to me.

What history should I major in though?
>>
>>3442

I'm studying law. Still a lot of history involved, but I want to take over my father's law firm later on.
>>
>>3658
Personally love western civilization, early African history and early American history. There are alot of jobs out there for history majors to
>>
>>3658
You probably shouldn't. History ALONE is a pain in the ass to find a job with. Any sub-history degree is toilet paper tier.

History is also not as easy as you think it is.
>>
I have a [spoiler]PhD[/spoiler] in History.
>>
>>3730
What if I accept being a history professor as my only viable career choice? My brother is studying some obscure shit and seems pretty optimistic. From what he's told me you pretty much have to have a really narrow field in order to actually contribute research to it and not end up as a high school history teacher.
>>
>>3658
>Giving up on maths

You are a god damn idiot.
>>
>>3442
lol
>>
>love history
>can't study it because i want a job

ree.
>>
>>3442
Is there really a historical fiction major out there or are you just being spooky?
>>
WHO FUTURE TEACHER/PROFESSOR HERE?
>>
File: 1430069711033.jpg (12 KB, 227x225) Image search: [Google]
1430069711033.jpg
12 KB, 227x225
>mfw "majors" and "minors"
>mfw american higher education
>>
>Major in history because it's the only thing I've ever found even remotely interesting
I'm so fucking tired of writing papers oh my god. I'm not gonna bother with a fourth year fuck this I'm gonna take the three year general and get some completely unrelated job.
>>
>>5974

me, hopefully

I mean I'm like 6 years away from that, minimum, but here's hoping
>>
>>3831
Yes. First of all if you do this, expect to go to phd, which is extremely stressful for History. You have to be impartial to be taken seriously and you have to legitimately discover some conclusion that nobody else in the world has ever came up with. And if you were to become a professor, you basically have to keep doing this.

I wanted to, but I was running out of money and my coursework was really hitting home in France. If I wanted to get a phd, I'd almost HAVE to move to France for a while, know how to speak French, and even then I haven't even started with the hard part. AND EVEN IF YOU DO ALL THIS, you have to find a university that actually wants a professor that focuses in the area you did.
>>
>>6163
my nigga, i hope i can get my PhD, i'm only 2 classes away from being accepted into my honor society all I have to do is keep my GPA at where it is or improve it
>>
>>6209
How's the pay of a professor? Is it really as bad as people say?
>>
>>6485
My history professor gets enough to be considered rich by tax rules. He has a Ph.D though
>>
>>6485
Can't tell you, but I assume it's bretty gud. You also get some pennies for books you'll be required to write, not much though, nobody actually gives a shit about history.
>>
I'm a programmer that would've studied history if it would lead to a job. Is there any history related software that hasn't been made, but would be cool and/or profitable?
>>
File: 1443746782040.png (490 KB, 720x612) Image search: [Google]
1443746782040.png
490 KB, 720x612
Secondary Ed History reporting in.

I like the idea of passing on my love of history to a younger generation. If I can get even one kid to like history half as much as I do i'll feel complete.

I plan on going back for a full masters in History at some point further down the road.
>>
What about History with at general Business minor?

Are minors worth it?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.