[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you push fatty in the way and save the 5, or let fatty live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1449078005170-437475491.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
1449078005170-437475491.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
Do you push fatty in the way and save the 5, or let fatty live and kill the 5?
>>
A fat person wouldn't stop a trolly in time. That'd be six deaths.
>>
>>343997
just as planned
>>
>>343945
The answer is always multi-track drifting.
>>
>making kids walk up and swear allegiance to a false dichotomy
Is this the greatest troll ever embraced by popular acadamia?
>>
>>343997
This.

So of course the awnser to OP is yes.
>>
Fat people are gross, he'd die of 50 of heart disease anyway
>>
>>343945
I would throw him. If I threw him that would mean that only one innocent life would be lost. If I didn't 5 innocent lives would be lost.
>>
>>343945
im not 'killing' 5 people, im watching them get slaughtered with a front row seat
>>
Action through inaction
Making that decision isn't up to me.
>>
>>344011
The point is to think about the problem from a specific standpoint. Pretty much if you pick to save the five, you are more utilitarian, and if you choose to do nothing, you probably align more with Kant's notion of motive being everything and consequences being essentially nothing.
>>
>>343997
It's supposed to be humorous - instead of just having a lever and another track with only one person
>>
File: 1303085355386.jpg (114 KB, 627x727) Image search: [Google]
1303085355386.jpg
114 KB, 627x727
I'd push the fatty over because I hate fat people.
>>
>>346010
The problem misunderstands one of the important roles of moral intuition is interfacing with a world we have imperfect information of.
>>
There's nothing morally wrong about killing fat people. They're actively killing themselves, so you're just speeding up the process. That said, there's no legitimate reason a conductor would not be able to stop a locomotive in time if there is a reasonable chance he could see what was going to happen, and a bunch of people lying down on the tracks not moving is a big red flag. This entire question is cancer.

http://www.mindspring.com/~mfpatton/Tissues.htm
>>
>>343945
Yes

He's already going to die prematurely becuase of obesity, I'm just speeding up the process.
>>
>>343945

I fart in the fatty's face, and then dance around him while clutching my genitals, and then go on to fuck his girlfriend.

Preferably over the splattered corpses of the 5 dead people.
>>
>>347172
Op here
Why not over all 5?
>>347008
You're an idiot
>>
>>343945
It wouldn't stop the train, but yeah. I push fatty in the way, then lay down to join him. Let us 7 all die together.
>>
>>347424

>Why not over all 5?

There's a good chance the remains will be spattered all over the place. Fucking her on top of all of them would likely be impractical.
>>
>>347447
pretty much this
>>
>>343945
One less fatty, if the 5 make it out that's a bonus I guess.
>>
This hatred of fat people is absurd. I have never been fat, but have never hated a fat person. I think hatred is the vice of the small minded.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.