[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trivialization of the Muslim world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 2_IslamicWorldNusretColpan.jpg (195 KB, 800x428) Image search: [Google]
2_IslamicWorldNusretColpan.jpg
195 KB, 800x428
Most of the West thinks there is absolutely nothing worth preserving in the so called Muslim world and they should all be properly civilized.

I'm sure this is a normal point of view and many civilizations in history thought the same of their opponents. Yet after they obliterated them completely, future generations felt nostalgic and attracted to long lost civilizations. Will the Muslim civilization be one of them after we build fast food chains and start digging oil from Aleppo to Islamabad and everybody starts speaking English, French or Russian?
>>
>>343598
>Most of the West thinks there is absolutely nothing worth preserving in the so called Muslim world and they should all be properly civilized.

Who, like /pol/?

Most of the west would be angry at israel if they decided to blow up the Dome tomorrow.
>>
>>343613
>implying
>>
>>343613
Do you have a source for any of your claims?
>>
>>343598
You're probably going to have to unpack this a bit. Who would do this? How? Why?

Territorial empires (Romes and Persias and the likes) looked very different from colonial empires (Britain and Spain and the likes). Globalization has changed the nature of foreign intervention in a similar fashion. Don't look at how shit used to be done. Look at how it is done now, and think about what has changed and why.
>>
>>343626
Its mainstream that whenever ISIS does shit, a lot of western media and society goes "Dont blame islam!!1!"
>>
>>343630
Well I certainly don't think they will genocide all of them and blow up their cities, I just think that globalisation (that is a modern western colonization, culturally) will completely dissolve their culture and the way of life that is impossible to tolerate nowadays.
>>
>>343619
>>343626
Not him, but it's pretty logical. Blowing up the dome would cause massively unnecessary butthurt and problems across the whole world. Makes sense that people would be pissed about having to deal with that.
>>
>>343598
This board is ridiculous ignorant of Islamic world.

To the majority it's just an entire huge desert full of dirty backwards Arabs. That obviously not the case, there are quite a few Muslim countries which are developing and well on their way to becoming 1st world nations. That's why they're called developing countries. Only Afghanistan is Africa tier.

The term Muslim or Islamic world is silly. There's too much emphasis on the religion when there doesn't need to be. People have this idea that all Muslims are ultra religious fanatics and that its an extremely important part of their daily lives. It's not, for most of them, they're just like Christians in the west or Hindus in India, it's a label they're born into, call themselves, but probably don't even pray, and just do Ramadan like we do Christmas. The Muslim world also covers a huge area of very different people with very different cultures, going from Berbers in the west to Chinese in the east.

So to me, the whole concept of a Muslim world is silly.
>>
>>343637
Which is a sensible and truthful view point.
>>
File: Muslim art appreciation.jpg (39 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
Muslim art appreciation.jpg
39 KB, 780x520
We're not the ones obliterating their heritage.
>>
File: random.jpg (181 KB, 363x321) Image search: [Google]
random.jpg
181 KB, 363x321
>>343598
>Most of the West thinks there is absolutely nothing worth preserving in the so called Muslim world and they should all be properly civilized.
I don't think that.
>>
>>343665
>obliterating their own historical heritage with the plastic lightsaber toys
>>
>>343676
Those are sledgehammers.
>>
Wait, what? Last time i checked it was other muslims destroying Middle Eastern heritage, not Europeans?

Most Europeans are deeply grieved by the fact that ISIS destroys priceless historical artifacts.
>>
File: 1448588759745.jpg (55 KB, 767x387) Image search: [Google]
1448588759745.jpg
55 KB, 767x387
>>343598
DEATH TO SHIRK AND NATIONALISM

TAKBIR MY BROTHERS

THE ISLAMIC KHALIFA HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED
>>
>>343598

Nah. How do you even get to the conclusion.
>>
>>343663
That speaks against the version of OP's "the whole west hates poor muslims :(("
>>
I don't think most people want to see Islam or the Islamic World obliterated.
Also your definition of 'obliterate' is untenable because it merely means characterized by the fruits of cultural exchange with foreign civilizations and that's already a significant part of Islam and an especially huge part of the Islamic World as they are today; so why draw the line at mechanized food service?
>>
Humans are animals. We all tend toward the path of least resistance if we don't know any better (and sometimes even if we do).

It's not surprising then that muslims often reflexively blame their sorry state on ideas of international conspiracy before introspecting deeply.
>>
>>343598
More like, if we don't civilize them their own religion will make them erase their history because of their fucked up iconoclastic ideologies.
>>
>>343733
But people say "don't blame Islam" because so many butthurt fags in the west are looking for an excuse to be angry at the scary Otherman who just so happens to be a Muslim right now
>>
>>343655
This, Islam isn't just one ideolgy
>>
>>343598
>following religion seriously in the 21st century
Not only that, but Islam is unreformed with a ton of primitive beliefs that should render Islam bannable in the West.

Fucking contrarians- accepting Islam because it's being attacked in the West boo hoo woo
>>
>>343774
It doesn't help that Britain and France drew the national lines in the Middle East with little regard for the natives, or the constant interference of their politics in the Cold War by both the US and Soviets. The idea of a unified Middle East isn't necessarily a bad one, if they focus on putting Islam over their tribal beliefs, but Shi'ite majority areas and Israel would be at risk in such a situation.
>>
>>343794
People aren't saying "don't blame Islam" because they find it in any way desirable, they're doing it in order to flash ideological gangsigns to denote their piety.
>>
>>343598
>Yet, after they obliterated them completely, future generations felt nostalgic and attracted to long lost civilizations
No, they feel nostalgic for a time before their nations were completely destroyed and subjugated. Even so, there aren't many in Mexico who want to build pyramids and do human sacrifices again.
>>
>>343655
>To the majority it's just an entire huge desert full of dirty backwards Arabs. That obviously not the case, there are quite a few Muslim countries which are developing and well on their way to becoming 1st world nations. That's why they're called developing countries. Only Afghanistan is Africa tier.

They will never be as developed as other first world nations because intellectual liberalism is the bane of Islam, yet that's essential to the core of what drives a creative, innovative economy.

Islam is all about brownie points for heaven, not national progress. Same as Christianity and Judaism. All their great civilizational achievements were possible in spite of their religion or because their faith did not actively resist their progress.

If your civilization is defined by religion, how is it going to cope with the fact that people will see faith as increasingly redundant as standards of living and secular education improve? Either by actively resisting development or simply shedding their traditional religious identity.
>>
>>343655
they're not fanatics but there is a considerable amount of fundamentalism among the populace and the
>>
>>343858
Islam only defines it to the west looking in. To themselves it does not, A Moroccan doesn't think he's the same as an Iranian any more than a Frenchman thinks he's the same as an Austrian.

>>344021
Traditional beliefs abound in traditional societies. Islam can modernise. Though modernisation of a religion is basically the death of that religion.
>>
>>343613

Nobody would give a shit except historians.

Upon learning that The Dome of Rock is "Some shit that's important to Muslims" the vast majority would either be indifferent or laugh at the Muslim chimp out that would likely ensue.
>>
>>344049
it can but people there's groups holding it back as soon as they lose their power and wealth they got from oil we may begin to see some modernizing but until then were going to see more of the same
>>
>>343681
lmao
>>
I've been to Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia and The UAE. The Muslim world is great, most people are kind and hospitable. Yes there are problems right now, most of which are being exported from Saudi Arabia and Iran but it's not fair to generalise every Muslim, there's 1.6 billion of them. That's like blaming every single white person in the world for a school shooter in the USA.
>>
>>343663
I don't agree. However I do agree that you cannot blame the actions of a few on all muslims.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.