[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Charles I an idiot or a martyr?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: Charles I.jpg (45 KB, 348x428) Image search: [Google]
Charles I.jpg
45 KB, 348x428
Was Charles I an idiot or a martyr?
>>
>>342680
He was alright, not great, but not terrible either.

Had great in art.
>>
King Charles took a Coronation Oath and should have remembered his duty was to his people instead of trying to kill as many of them as possible.
>>
He was a bit of an autist t b h
>>
>>342680
DUDE ROUNDHEADS LMAO
>>
File: charles i three positions.jpg (152 KB, 750x628) Image search: [Google]
charles i three positions.jpg
152 KB, 750x628
>>342694
Helps that he was so damn handsome.
>>
>>342702
If mass-murder is your problem then surely you can't be suggesting Cromwell was a better alternative.
>>
File: Charles-I.jpg (545 KB, 2316x2936) Image search: [Google]
Charles-I.jpg
545 KB, 2316x2936
>>342716
SWAG
W
A
G
>>
>>342738
Cromwell wanted to place Charles back on the throne, until he learned of Charles plotting to re-start the civil war, thats when he went all "Gods executioner"
>>
>>342768
So why pick on the potato niggers? And I say that as a potato nigger myself.
>>
>>342694
>He was alright
how can you say this with a straight face when he literally crashed his kingdom with no survivors. it was his stubborn personality that escalated the english civil war and led to the calling of the long parliament in the first place. he is the epitome of incompetence
>>
File: Vladmir_puddin.jpg (56 KB, 426x359) Image search: [Google]
Vladmir_puddin.jpg
56 KB, 426x359
>>342716
>this is a 10 in Bongistan
>>
>>342788
they had revolted from british rule, and since they had the potential to serve as a base from which the dethroned stuarts could invade england
>>
>>342799
Additionally Cromwell was a fucking lunatic and thought Catholics were the literal servants of Satan.
>>
File: Weiss2392013T171627.jpg (371 KB, 1563x2000) Image search: [Google]
Weiss2392013T171627.jpg
371 KB, 1563x2000
>>342792
Because he looked fresh as fuck.
>>
>>342816
Cromwell was no more paranoid about the irish than other englishmen at the time. The idea of the irish being beholden to rome was a meme that had started a century earlier. It was also that same meme which led to the civil war cause the english mps began getting paranoid that charles was mustering an irish army to crush them.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.