[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have a choice US Marine during the Pacific campaign German
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: voorpagina87.jpg (35 KB, 700x518) Image search: [Google]
voorpagina87.jpg
35 KB, 700x518
You have a choice
US Marine during the Pacific campaign
German in Stalingrad
British soldier in WW1 Flanders
US soldier during the Tet offensive
What do you choose and why
>>
>>342447
US soldier during the Tet offensive seems the least shitty.
>>
>>342447
>US Marine during the Pacific campaign\
No pussy
>German in Stalingrad
Slav pussy
>British soldier in WW1 Flanders
No pussy
>US soldier during the Tet offensive
Vietcong pussy

So German in Stalingrad it is
>>
>>342447
Probably being Westmorland.
>>
Those are all miserable except for the tet offensive
>>
>>342447
tet offensive, easiest choice of my life
>>
>>342460
All kinds of pussy waiting for you in Hawaii and Australia when you get shore leave
>>
>>342447
>US Marine during the Pacific campaign
Bloodthirsty japs and malaria seems quite shitty
>German in Stalingrad
bloodtrhirsty slavs and frostbite, not to mention I actually lose so I either die, or spend the next 10 years of my life as slave labor in Gulag
fuck trench warfare, death almost inevitable if an offensive takes place in my sector
literally a turkey shoot
>>
US Marine on the Pacific Front.
We actually won that one.
>>
>>342496
>battle of Iwo Jima

Literally Pyrrhic victory.
>>
Tet Offensive has a very favourable casualty rate compared to everywhere else. Your equipment is better and more comfortable, your food is better, your medical systems are better, and you're winning.

Tet>Pacific>Flanders>Stalingrad.
Flanders beats Stalingrad because at least you're not a starving, freezing German soldier encircled and bogged down in brutal city fighting, surrounded by starving, freezing Russian soldiers who outnumber you. Death is almost guaranteed in Stalingrad and you will be a miserable wretch until it comes for you.
>>
Tet. How is this even a question? It's the least meat-grinder. You actually have a chance of surviving and you have creature comforts like plenty of booze and Viet pussy.
>>
>>342447
Tet, easily. The Vietcong got literally wiped out, and the only time it would be a little rough would be if you're at Khe Sanh.
>>
Lets make this interesting

You have a choice of which war you die in.

>soviet in stalingrad
>iranian in first gulf war
>German soldier ww1
>king philips war

Tfw shit at classical history
>>
>>342447
I'll take Tet for 500 Alex.
>>
>>342447

How is this even an option? You're fighting a technologically inferior foe with inferior weapons. Best option by far.
>>
>>342457
Fuck being in Vietnam. Something about that conflict sends shivers down my spine in ways that the Eastern Front and Pacific island campaign don't.
>>
>>342460
What are you going go digging in wine cellars in the hopes you find a civilian family hiding? The civilians were either evacuated or fighting as partisans. That means a woman might keep glass or something sharp in her pussy for guys like you.
>>
Weren't you only in the trenches for like 10 days? With the Tet, it really depends where you were stationed. It could either be a walk in the park, or your firebase got overrun by gook sappers and they try to bayonet you while you're sleeping. Or you get stuck in the city doing room clearing which is it's own brand of hell.
>>
>>343817
>some of the bloodiest figthing of the vietnam war
>hurr how is this bad
>>
>>344183
sorry anon that comment made you a tunnel rat during the vietnam war
>>
>>343817
More people died in a day in Flanders than for the U.S. in the whole tet offensive.
>>
>>344397
Was meant for

>>344212
>>
>>344212

Compared to the other options, it is a lot better. Increased medical knowledge also means you have a better chance of survival if you are shot.
>>
>>342447

Tet offensive. At least that was in a more urban eviorment and we won
>>
>>342447
Fucking hell, why is this even an option?

>>343773
They all suck, but I'd have to go with King Phillip's war so long as I don't get scalped. Much rather something quicker rather than freeze to death in Russia. Good job anon.
>>
>>342447
>US Marine during the Pacific campaign
Relatively low chance of death compared to others, spend most of your time on battle ships

Plenty of food, and drink relatively low chance of disease
Hot as hell but not worse than parris island, wet as hell but not worse than parris island.

>German in Stalingrad
Very high chance of death

Cold, no food, very little supplies, not trained for terrain

I haven't done ww1 research since high school, but if I remember correctly it was non stop trench warfare with high chance of death, no supplies, high chance of trench foot and other disease, but relatively moderate temperatures
Hot as hell x3, wet as hell, well supplied but high chance of disease and very high chance of being horribly injured if not killed.

I would go with marines for Pacific offensive, my luck I would get stationed on Guam and relax on the beaches the entire time

Second choice probably Flanders, mostly because of temperatures, because everything it's pretty equally shit
>>
Shittiness ranking:

Stalingrad
Flanders
Pacific
Vietnam

I'd go with Vietnam desu senpai, although that was more variable. Some units probably were in the shit 24/7 while others were just chilling. Also, the Pacific was a real meatgrinder, but the numbers were low just because you can't pack millions of men onto small islands. Marine infantry regiments routinely suffered 40-50% losses in campaigns like Peleliu or Iwo Jima.
>>
>>344183
Pacific and Vietnam have a pretty similar climate, man. Plus the PAVN was piss poor at military operations.
>>
>>344716
You are forgetting that in Vietnam we extended the typhoon season causing significantly more rain
>>
>>342447
German in Stalingrad, cause I hate myself and I want to die.
>>
>>344971
Monsoon season**
>>
>>344716

I would call Vietnam worse as a whole

While there were a couple very bad battles in Japan, the conflict as a whole wasn't as bad for the reason that in Vietnam , the soldiers were unwillingly fighting with a force that didn't want our help, against a force that was willing to sacrifice anything
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.