[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some interesting and disturbing means of execution throughout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: Pierre_Woeiriot_Phalaris.jpg (137 KB, 702x916) Image search: [Google]
Pierre_Woeiriot_Phalaris.jpg
137 KB, 702x916
What are some interesting and disturbing means of execution throughout history? and which would be the worse way to go?
The brazen bull seems like a fun way to go out.
>>
File: Edward-II-1500.jpg (205 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Edward-II-1500.jpg
205 KB, 1500x1500
Edward II of England, who was a flaming homo, was killed in his jail cell by orders of his wife Isabelle of France by getting assraped with a hot iron.
>>
>>342152
I for one don't think anything tops being flayed alive.
>>
>>342152
Adultery was punished in ancient China by mounting the adulterer on a wooden horse.

On the seat of the wooden horse is a phallus, which would be inserted into the adulterer's vaginal or anal orifice. The phallus is connected to a cog which is moved by the wheels attached to the legs of the horse turning. So when the wooden horse is wheeled along the road, the phallus would be push by the cogs up and down the orifice of the adulterer.

This is done until the adulterer is either dead or passed out from the pain.
>>
File: Isabela_spol.jpg (36 KB, 345x264) Image search: [Google]
Isabela_spol.jpg
36 KB, 345x264
>>342187
Oh and here's what Isabelle did to Edward's gay lover, Hugh le Despenser:

>In Froissart's account of the execution, Despenser was then tied to a ladder, and —in full view of the crowd— had his genitals sliced off and burned (in his still-conscious sight) then his entrails slowly pulled out, and, finally, his heart cut out and thrown into the fire. Finally, his corpse was beheaded, his body cut into four pieces, and his head mounted on the gates of London. Mortimer and Isabella feasted with their chief supporters, as they watched the execution.

But that's not so original.
>>
>>342200
Pro-tip: Don't be the King's lover if you're from the wrong faction.
>>
>>342152
I liked the one where the Mongols killed a dude by pouring molten silver down his throat.
>>
>>342206
It wasn't even about factions, it was really just about the gayness. Edward kept being a flaming homo at court, and ruining the crown in gifts and favours for the Despensers (with the father left in charge of the country while the son was fucking Edward in the ass). Eventually Isabelle had enough of his shit and went back home to France with her son (the future Edward III), raised an army, and reconquered England in her son's name.
>>
There's Scaphism, which is quite disgusting.

>The intended victim was stripped naked and then firmly fastened within the interior space of two narrow rowing boats (or hollowed-out tree trunks) joined together one on top of the other with the head, hands and feet protruding. The condemned was forced to ingest milk and honey to the point of developing severe diarrhea, and more honey would be poured on him to attract insects, with special attention devoted to the eyes, ears, mouth, face, genitals, and anus. In some cases, the executioner would mix milk and honey and pour that mixture all over the victim. He would then be left to float on a stagnant pond or be exposed to the sun. The defenseless individual's feces accumulated within the container, attracting more insects which would eat and breed within the victim's exposed flesh, which—pursuant to interruption of the blood supply by burrowing insects—became increasingly gangrenous. The individual would lie naked, covered from head to toe in milk, honey, and his own feces. The feeding would be repeated each day in some cases to prolong the torture, so that fatal dehydration or starvation did not occur. Death, when it eventually occurred, was probably due to a combination of dehydration, starvation, and septic shock. Delirium would set in after a few days.
>>
>>342222
>It wasn't even about factions
>>342222
>and ruining the crown in gifts and favours for the Despensers
>>342222
>Despensers (with the father left in charge of the country while the son was fucking Edward in the ass

It wasn't about factions eh?
>>
File: Tsurushi-300x494.jpg (56 KB, 300x494) Image search: [Google]
Tsurushi-300x494.jpg
56 KB, 300x494
>Tsurushi "reverse hanging", was a Japanese torture technique used in the 17th century in order to have Christians ("Kirishitan") recant their faith. As the tortured was held by the feet with a rope, one of the hands would be held tight with a rope, but another would be left hanging freely, so that a sign could be made by the tortured that he was willing to recant. The body was often lowered into a hole, itself often filled with dirt at the bottom. Typically, a cut would be made in the forehead in order to let blood pressure decrease in the area around the head.
>>
>>342233
I mean the factions only formed as a consequence of the assfucking, not the other way around.
>>
>>342241
Even this is a ridiculous assertion. If I knew I could put arse in front of the king to take the kingdom, I'd bring goat, sheep, child or man.
>>
>>342248
Dude the point is

>Pro-tip: Don't be the King's lover if you're from the wrong faction.

makes no sense because the factions were created around that affair. Isabelle would have done this regardless of who the king's lover was.
>>
>>342267
I doubt she would have done anything if she'd put a stableboy in front of him.
>>
>On a cold, bright day in January 1536, Jan and his two highest-ranking henchmen were led to a scaffold in the Münster marketplace in front of an audience of von Waldeck, his fellow bishops and a huge number of rubberneckers.
>There, pairs of red hot tongs were used to tear pieces of flesh from the bodies of Jan and his colleagues whilst still alive. After a time, all three were dispatched with a dagger to the heart.
>Following their execution, the bodies of Jan and his sidekicks were suspended in large metal cages, a reminder to the people of the city not to get any ideas about their station in life.

The executioners would rip at your flesh with red hot pincers for an hour, removing muscle, tendons, organs and bone while you remained conscious. This lasted for an hour, and if you passed out they'd revive you and add the time you were out to the torture. There were three people being executed on this occasion, and they killed them one at a time.
This was the worst punishment the German legal system could administer at the time.
>>
>>342331
Omnia sunt communia
>>
>>342195
M-muh dick...
>>
>>342187
She did that so no one could see that he was assassinated. In the ass because noone will watch out what's happening down there, and with some hot shit to immediately cauterize the wounds.
>>
File: 875707001793.jpg (33 KB, 314x454) Image search: [Google]
875707001793.jpg
33 KB, 314x454
>>342195
That thing actually existed?
I was under the impression that it was a creative invention of Hong Kong exploitation movies.
>>
>>342666
Yeah it did exist.

However it's usage is still widely debated.

Possibly a serious punishment only reserved for the biggest cumdumpster sluts around.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.