[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm legitimately curious about the Siberian campaign am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Baron_ungern.ruem.jpg (191 KB, 638x975) Image search: [Google]
Baron_ungern.ruem.jpg
191 KB, 638x975
I'm legitimately curious about the Siberian campaign amidst the Russian Revolution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_Intervention

Why did it turn into such a shitshow? How did the Czech Legion get stranded so far from their home? Where did Sternberg get the bright idea to revitalize the Mongol empire? Were the Cossacks the complete douchebags everyone made them out to be?
>>
>Were the Cossacks the complete douchebags everyone made them out to be?
Always, and forever.
>>
>calling Czechoslovak legion a Czech legion

Triggered t b h
>>
>>341011
Czeched'
>>
>>341059
They made up less than 8% of the army tbqh baka senpai. You can go straight back to tumblr.
>>
File: mrstefanik.jpg (237 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
mrstefanik.jpg
237 KB, 1000x1414
>>341075
And only had the guy who organized the whole thing, right.
>>
>>341002
OP here. Is there any good reading material? There really isn't that much on Wiki.
>>
>>341002
>How did the Czech Legion get stranded so far from their home?

At the outbreak of WWI, a bunch of Czechs/Slovaks living in Russia decided to volunteer with the Russian Army so they could fight Austria-Hungary directly. Czechoslovak nationalists (based in Paris) saw an opportunity: fight against Austria, convince the Allies to back independence. Thus the legion was formed and reinforced with Czech/Slovak POWs from the AH army.
>>
>>341086

Masaryk made Legions happen tho.
Also he killed Stefanik
>>
>>341002
How can one mongolboo be so based?
>>
>>341722
Didn't they recruit mostly from Czech prisioners of war?
>>
>>342700
The original units didn't, the further expansions of these units did. Also some deserters from A-H armies.
>>
File: 231578-stranger.jpg (180 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
231578-stranger.jpg
180 KB, 1280x1024
CZECH LEGION
BEST LEGION
>>
>>341002
Sternburg was the original absolute madman
>>
>>341875
*tips tinfoil hat*

Also wrong on both accounts.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.